Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not too sure about that. He definitely claimed to be his son which Muslim's deny, but I'm fairly sure this trinity stuff is extra biblical.

It is the central premise of Christianity. If you reject this then you reject Christianity also.

Christianity is not based uon the Bible which came long after Christ had been crucified. It is based rather on the Church which he created when he was on the earth. The Church teaches the truth of the Trinity.

The Bible (New Testament) is simply those those writings that the Church decided were reliable.

Someone may question how the Church has the authority to decide these things. It is because when Christ created the Chursh he gave them that authority and gave them the Holy Spirit to guide them in the truth.

Upvote 0

français

Atheist/CA-Bloc Québécois/US-Democrat
Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
forget your problem with our prophet and let's discuss about the ideas of this text

like a member earlier said, you are trying to get us to see some thing that we just don't see.

You paste an article about mohamamd, and him being a good person, and this and that. And during his early years, he most certainly was a good person! Very moral, and nice, and everything.

However, so were other people who claimed to be prophets. For example, Baha'u'llah. This man was a very extraordinary man. He was trusted by everyone. He was never a bad person. Everyone loved him. And he was imprisoned most of his life. But, one day they let him out of jail, and do you know why they did so? Because he was such a nice, loving guy, and they saw him innocent. They found no reason for him to be in jail. In fact, many of the jail guards became Baha'i because of baha'u'llah's extraordinary character :)

Joseph Smith.. I laugh when I think of him(no offense mormons). However, he was a very strong defender in family values. And he was killed for what he preached. He was imprisoned, tar and feathered, and many other things happened to him. In his early childhood, he was an extremely polite person.

Now, on to adolph hitler. Look at his early life. He was a very nice person. Very trusting. Very caring. Loved kids. Loved animals. and look at what he ended up doing.

And, lets look at the Christian Jesus. A great man He was. He died on the Cross for us! In the Bible, He even says that HE chose to be crucified, and it was His choice.
>> Now muslims say this is all bogus. They laugh at our Christian Jesus. And they say it was all made up. Well, if the Christian view of Jesus can be made up, why can't the islamic view of mohammad be?
>>>> Now look at the Disciples of Jesus. All 12 of them persecuted. 11 of them killed by critics, and such. Only one died of old age, and even then he was exiled. Paul was beheaded. Peter was crucified upside down. Others were stoned. these people were all great people, who sent a VERY great message. Without Christianity, Europe might be a place of moral corruption and pagan practices. But Christianity changed it. And we did not do so by the sword. We did so in a peaceful way. You know who became the first Christians? The poor, the women, etc, because they wanted change, and Christianity offered it. But, according to you, our Christian view is corrupt and not original. Well, our "made up" brand of Christianity really helped a lot of people, and really changed the face of Europe. but according to islam, it's all made up huh? Well, this "made up" brand has helped contribute more to society then anything else has in history, in my opinion, and in many others opinion.

You say that islam has really reformed and mohammad was a good person. and that is partially true. But, it is not all that you put it up to be. My proof? The hadeeths. If you would like, I can PM you with some hadeeths on how women were treated, Jews, etc. I will not publically put it in here though, because I do not want to cause a bunch of trouble. So if you would like to see what your own 6 authentic hadeeths say, send me a PM and I will be more then happy to show you a few dozen plus.

Many of us have read the quran. I have done so more then once. And i'm just not impressed.

Joseph Smith is definitely a false prophet in my mind (sorry Mormons I just don't buy the guy's claims), but I'm open to the possibility of Muhammad, Baha'u'llah, and several other's prophetic claims being true.

Does Hinduism hold a belief that those people could be prophets and such?

Upvote 0

baobobtree

Aum Namah Shivaya
Dec 18, 2006
The Material World.
✟8,359.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
Does Hinduism hold a belief that those people could be prophets and such?
I'm not sure myself, but if my faith icon, and avatar of Shirdi Sai Baba (and no I do not except Sathya Sai Baba as being his reincarnation) are any indication I'm not exclusively Hindu.:)

Upvote 0

Islam_mulia

Senior Veteran
Jan 17, 2005
✟6,323.00
Faith
Muslim
Simple: your prophet taught against Jesus. It is illogical to think that one prophet would disrespect another prophet who is said to be of God as well.
Wrong. And I am sad to see this kind of writings from Christians, or those who calimed to be the followers of Christ.

If you study the Quran critically, you will find that

1. the Quran defends Jesus from the accusation of the worst sin in Judaism and Islam, ie, associating himself with God, or making himself God.

2. the Quran saves Jesus from being accursed, and in the standards of teh Jews, a false prophet, if he was crucified and died on the cross.

3. the Quran uphold the status of Mary, the mother of Jesus, from the accusation that she was a 'loose woman' by having Jesus without a father.

Who could ever imagine that the Quran, which was revealed to an Arab, could praise a Jew and a Jewess over an Arab, especially when the Arabs and Jews were always not on good terms.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
3. the Quran uphold the status of Mary, the mother of Jesus, from the accusation that she was a 'loose woman' by having Jesus without a father.
The Orthodox Jews would never accept that though Jesus did come from the tribe of Judah and Seed of David through Mary of the "flesh" and under "Law". :wave:

Reve 5:5 And one out of the elders is saying to me: No you be lamenting! Behold! He conquers, the Lion the out of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, to up-open the scrollet and the seven seals of it.

Upvote 0

français

Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Wrong. And I am sad to see this kind of writings from Christians, or those who calimed to be the followers of Christ.

1. the Quran defends Jesus from the accusation of the worst sin in Judaism and Islam, ie, associating himself with God, or making himself God.

2. the Quran saves Jesus from being accursed, and in the standards of teh Jews, a false prophet, if he was crucified and died on the cross.

Who could ever imagine that the Quran, which was revealed to an Arab, could praise a Jew and a Jewess over an Arab, especially when the Arabs and Jews were always not on good terms.

The quran still denies the divinity of Christ, and Christ as the son. Therefore, in a Christian opinion, it is blasphemy.

muslims might supposingly love Jesus. But they most certainly take away from the true Christ.

and even if they do respect Jesus a lot, does that still mean it's the truth? Baha'i have a deep respect for mohammad.. But you are not Baha'i, now are you? Mormons love Jesus too!

Upvote 0

français

Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
show me a verse in the Bible that says that please :)

Upvote 0

Islam_mulia

Senior Veteran
Jan 17, 2005
✟6,323.00
Faith
Muslim
show me a verse in the Bible that says that please :)

And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance. (Deuteronomy 21:22-23)

It follows that the Jews cannot accept a hanged man as a prophet of God, for the man was accursed.

Upvote 0

Islam_mulia

Senior Veteran
Jan 17, 2005
✟6,323.00
Faith
Muslim
The quran still denies the divinity of Christ, and Christ as the son. Therefore, in a Christian opinion, it is blasphemy.

In the context of the gospels, that is a fact - Jesus never ever claimed to be divine, God or Son of God. The Quran clears him of such a abominable accusation.

Upvote 0

français

Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
I do not have all day, so I am just going to post some commentary.
for he that is hanged is accursed of God: plainly appears to be so, having committed some foul sin which has brought the curse of God upon him, and which being hanged on a tree was a plain proof and declaration of; and therefore having hereby suffered the rigour of the law, the curse of it, his body was ordered to be taken down; for the words are not a reason of his being hanged, but a reason why being hanged, and so openly accursed, he should not remain hanging, but be taken down and buried: the meaning is not, as Onkelos gives it, that"because he sinned before the Lord he is hanged,''and particularly was guilty of blasphemy; which is given as the reason of his being hanged, and as the sense of this passage; on the mention of which it is said (q),"it is as if he should say, wherefore is he hanged? because he cursed God, and the name of God was found profaned:''but though this, or any other capital crime, may be allowed to be the reason of the man's being hanged, and so apparently accursed; yet this is not the reason of his being loosed from thence, but his having bore the curse and satisfied the law: and hence this is applied to Christ by the apostle, in Gal_3:13 showing, that his hanging on the tree was an indication and proof of his being made sin and a curse for his people, or that he bore the curse of the law for their sins, and that the taking of him down from the tree, and burying him, signified the removing the curse from him and his people for whom he suffered; or that thereby he redeemed them from the curse of the law, as the apostle expresses it:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

français

Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
In the context of the gospels, that is a fact - Jesus never ever claimed to be divine, God or Son of God. The Quran clears him of such a abominable accusation.

Lol I doubt you have read the Bible. You claim that Psalms are only by David, and now you claim this. I am just going to laugh at your claim and have you know that you obviously need to read the Bible (or at least RE read it)

Upvote 0

français

Oct 2, 2006
Montréal, Québec
✟21,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
originally posted by Islam_mulia

If that makes you sad, well I am more sad to see someone being lead to believe in a Christ that did not exist. There is nothing out of place for a Christian to respond as I did.

What would constitute a critical study of the Qu'ran--seeing it the way that you want me to--which is just the way you want me to see the Bible? Putting that aside let's look at your points.

I hate to tell you this, but Jews primarily believe as they do because their understanding of God is based upon their experience during their revelatory period. The fullness of Christ did not come until much later in their history; so, it is not surprising that they would traditionally see God differently. Nowhere in the OT does God define Himself in any way that would allow any Jew to conclude that He was not Trinitarian or could not be Trinitarian. God did say that He was ONE, but He never described His oneness to them.

I do not understand.

That is not such a big deal. You act as if Mary got pregnant purposely while living in a culture that frowned upon a pregnant woman without husband. It was God's doing, and He made sure that she was taken care of. Joseph did marry her; so, there is really no issue. Moreover, Mary received a lot of attention and support from others. Scripture does not portray Mary in a negative way that warrants her needing to be defended.

Let's look at it this way. Part of being a Muslim is to believe in all prophets. Jesus is a prophet in your eyes; therefore, you must believe in Him. It is not as if you have an option. Since Mary is Jesus' mother, it follows that you would also adore her as well. Most, if not all, of your praises are based upon a need to conform to your religion.

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance. (Deuteronomy 21:22-23)

It follows that the Jews cannot accept a hanged man as a prophet of God, for the man was accursed.

Let's analyze. And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree
Notice that the person is put to death as a requirement of certain sins and the hanging is optional.

His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

The curse comes from the body being hanged after death because it is a defilement of the land to leave the body hanging. To prevent defilement of the land, the body had to be buried. Jesus was hanged before death, which does not make him cursed.

Upvote 0

dnihila

Mar 29, 2007
✟17,803.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) is the last prophet with the last religion but don't forget that Jesus(PBUH) is coming after him and he (PBUH) will kill the anti-christ may Allah protect us from him.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) suspected one person that he is the anti-christ but didn't kill him cause he said that Jesus is the one who will kill him not him.
Can't you see that prophets helping each other and making the path clear for each other like a team despite the fact that they don't live in the same era.

Prayer:
May Allah the Peaceful, the Merciful, the Patient give us the power to maintain what they have done for His sake and for Peace and Love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yourfriend58

Mar 10, 2007
✟8,096.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Simple: your prophet taught against Jesus. It is illogical to think that one prophet would disrespect another prophet who is said to be of God as well.
The prophet Muhamad (peace be upon Him) NEVER disrespected Jesus (peace be upon Him) . On the contrary ; Muslims repect all prophets and before that believe in all of them .
How is that our Prophet disrespected Jesus (peace be upon Him) ?

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The prophet Muhamad (peace be upon Him) NEVER disrespected Jesus (peace be upon Him) . On the contrary ; Muslims repect all prophets and before that believe in all of them .
How is that our Prophet disrespected Jesus (peace be upon Him) ?

I understand from your perspective, but you have to see it from ours. He disrespected Jesus when He denounced what Jesus taught Christians to do. If you change an prophet's message and claims that He never said certain things, that quite worse than just disrespecting Him. God is not you ally when you do such a thing.

I have heard this exact speech so many times, but I wonder if you have taken the time to understand the implications of it. For example, how can you believe in all prophets when you don't even know what they taught? Its like saying that I love reggae but have never heard it. All you know about it is that some people have said that it is good music.

Disrespect does not have to be blatant. Even if we allow that Mohammad was sincere in his motives, he still failed to comprehend and present Christ and Christianity in its correct form.

Upvote 0

thedefender

Jun 29, 2007
✟7,617.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
you are wrong my friend islam respect the all of the prophets and his message to trust all of them

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.