Livingston MT
✟7,819.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I used to a have a nice layout, but I now live in an apt,and just do not have the room! But yes, would love to get back into it sometime!

Ever thought of working in "N" scale? You can build a detailed layout in a relatively small space. I've seen some impressive layouts in an area no bigger than a kitchen table. Thats what I'm planning to do in my apartment.

Upvote 0

Historygeek

Jan 2, 2007
Livingston MT
✟7,819.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I love trains.....I used to have one and steam actually came out of it.

Actual steam? cool! I've seen some of those and they can be expensive. one of the guys in the club I belong to has one that actually runs on steam, but it cost him something like 2000 dollars, so he doesn't use it very much, but it actually has a miniature boiler inside of it, and you actually fill it with water, and it has an electric heater that heats up the water for steam. it only runs fo about 15 minutes before you have to refill it, but it really is a steam engine.

Upvote 0

teddyv

gneiss guy
Aug 3, 2009
✟9,351.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Another model railroader. HO scale for me. I model Canadian National railroads. We moved last year so the layout came down, and we just finished some renovations to our new home so I think I can start a rather small diorama-style layout. I could probably do a decent layout in N, but at this point I've got such a heavy investment in my HO equipment I'll just stick with it. Still waiting for the time I've got a big area to work with.

When I can post links I've got some video of the last layout which was not even close to complete.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oneofchrists

Give Me Stength Lord
Sep 9, 2009
Intervale, New Brunswick Canada
✟8,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi everyone! it's good to rap with other Christian brother's and sisters in Christ I'm new on here, this is My first post with You,Ive been collecting HO equipment for years and I've Had setups a couple of times but in the end I had to tear them down do to space and renovations and the like, now that My children are grownup and gone I do have the room to set up in a pretty good sized room in My house I plan on dedicating time this coming winter to a project, I have some layouts in mind and I've made some measurements but I'll still have to share the room with My wife to a degree but that's OK it's doable I can't get Rail Roads out of My blood because You see I was a Railroad signalman My entire career with Canadian National Railway So I hope to add some sort of block signal system to My set up also....Pray for Me God's Speed in My Project and may it in some way be a blessing to other's ....Thanks For reading My post ...

Upvote 0

teddyv

gneiss guy
Aug 3, 2009
✟9,351.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone! it's good to rap with other Christian brother's and sisters in Christ I'm new on here, this is My first post with You,Ive been collecting HO equipment for years and I've Had setups a couple of times but in the end I had to tear them down do to space and renovations and the like, now that My children are grownup and gone I do have the room to set up in a pretty good sized room in My house I plan on dedicating time this coming winter to a project, I have some layouts in mind and I've made some measurements but I'll still have to share the room with My wife to a degree but that's OK it's doable I can't get Rail Roads out of My blood because You see I was a Railroad signalman My entire career with Canadian National Railway So I hope to add some sort of block signal system to My set up also....Pray for Me God's Speed in My Project and may it in some way be a blessing to other's ....Thanks For reading My post ...
So how working for CN. I haven't heard anything particularly good about them recently - not that I talk to a lot of employees. Just heard some bad stuff from a retired CP engineer from guys he knew.

My interest in CN for modelling came more from the old zebra stripe paint scheme and better variety of locomotives than anything else. I miss the stripes...

Upvote 0

oneofchrists

Give Me Stength Lord
Sep 9, 2009
✟8,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
teddyv! It's good to talk with another Canadian about Trains, I'm retired now for about 14 month's it was getting harder and harder to work for CN but I still have many good memories of better years and the good friends that I made while working there I miss My daily routine of High railing across my territory and working with all the Guy's ,But I don't miss the the late night calls ie...frozen switches, broken linewire, Tracktrouble and broken rails...and usually the most trouble was on the coldest and dirtyest of nights....But I love to talk about the Lord and things spiritual.... enough of Me how about You,.. Look forward to reading Your post teddyv,....God bless, Dave

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teddyv

gneiss guy
Aug 3, 2009
✟9,351.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
teddyv! It's good to talk with another Canadian about Trains, I'm retired now for about 14 month's it was getting harder and harder to work for CN but I still have many good memories of better years and the good friends that I made while working there I miss My daily routine of High railing across my territory and working with all the Guy's ,But I don't miss the the late night calls ie...frozen switches, broken linewire, Tracktrouble and broken rails...and usually the most trouble was on the coldest and dirtyest of nights....But I love to talk about the Lord and things spiritual.... enough of Me how about You,.. Look forward to reading Your post teddyv,....God bless, Dave
Yes there just seems to be a bit a poor attitude or lack of pride - I notice it in the generally poor paint jobs on the locomotives and lack of upkeep. There have also been a few accidents out west that seem to suggest this sort of malaise.

I have no connection to any railroad as far as work. I work as a geologist. I've just always been interested in trains since I was a little kid.

I hear you about things breaking in the middle of the night especially in the worst of weather. I've had my share of visits to drills in the middle of the night on cold Yukon nights.:)

Cheers.

Upvote 0

oneofchrists

Give Me Stength Lord
Sep 9, 2009
✟8,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes, So You Know full well what I'm talking about, I think that CN 's structuring and management practices (micro management I should say) and that say's a lot if You know what I mean!??! More for less....More work with less men More frieght hauled with less Units and less crews ....Longer Trains .....Infrastructure...allowed to degrade to not especially dangerous proportions but to limitations that require the strictest of protocall and safety rules that are imposed to a zero tolerance...plus that coupled with countless testing prcedures to always monitor equipment ant Men . All these things added to an already strained workforce Both union and Management You have a very nerve racking experience on the Rail Road....But I believe this to will pass in time and like all things The Lord will give His own a way out...He allowed Me to retire and devote More time to him in His service....God Bless ....Dave

Upvote 0

oneofchrists

Give Me Stength Lord
Sep 9, 2009
✟8,514.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi jamesinjax! I notice that Your mood icon says Your scared why is that? were all friends onhere even if We haven't met each other personally WE are on a Christian Forum and that's is of coarse what We majorly have in common but We all have interests and We all Have needs but they all differ But as a Christian I take great interest in people and their problems and their likes and dislikes and Yes lastly their Hobbies and as You have already read I like trains among a pile of other things. I would like to encourage You to not be afraid to post what ever subject that might be on Your mind and Share with others.....May the rich Love of Our lord and Savior bless You this very moment and May Your life change in a way that You have never seen until now! God Bless You, I hope to hear from You at some point ...Dave

Upvote 0