MLB umpire plans to buy assault rifle, predicts 'cival war' if Trump is impeached

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I learned early on what beer bellied middle aged men shoot their mouths off about with their buddies, or on Twitter what have you, and what they'll actually do rarely match up.
True their gut is often bigger than their bite, unless of course they outnumber you away from public view.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,338.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
. He retreated with his tail between his legs.

How can we be so sure, though? That Drake won't in fact come back later if or when Trump is removed from office with a machine gun and kill 30 people in a crowded bar, yelling to the heavens that the people of God must now take up arms for the Deep State has forced evil oppression upon us all?

Upvote 0

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟129,564.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Your links are broken, but I did a search and confirmed. (Thanks for responding.)

So, 650 or 1000?

650. Plenty big enough for comfortable commuting and the occasional highway driving. I have a trunk to store things. I get approx 50mpg commuting to work in Broward county FL and have more than enough acceleration to go through traffic and make the commute more fun.

Wouldn't want anything bigger unless I was doing a lot of touring. (And lots of people do tour on the 650). When I feel like commuting really fast I take my sons Yamaha FZ6R 600 ^_^

Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,338.00
Faith
Atheist
650. Plenty big enough for comfortable commuting and the occasional highway driving. I have a trunk to store things. I get approx 50mpg commuting to work in Broward county FL and have more than enough acceleration to go through traffic and make the commute more fun.

Wouldn't want anything bigger unless I was doing a lot of touring. (And lots of people do tour on the 650). When I feel like commuting really fast I take my sons Yamaha FZ6R 600 ^_^
I ride a v-star 1100. My previous bike was a Vulcan 1600. I'm partial to larger bikes. I want my next one to be a Concours 1400, but I'm afraid that's a few years out.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you CNN for keeping us abreast of what important newsmakers like Ron Brake have to say.
He is not a significant figure, certainly. However, given the current climate, his statement is still newsworthy.

We already have violence in the streets by Proudboys, Antifa, etc. We have had some discuss whether it is warranted to take up arms in regards to immigration detainment policies (and subsequent attack on some facilities). Others are discussing whether it is warranted to take up arms if impeachment occurs.

The conversation is happening in the news because the violence is already started in spurts. We need to get ahead of it and encourage people to use non-violent means.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
How can we be so sure, though? That Drake won't in fact come back later if or when Trump is removed from office with a machine gun and kill 30 people in a crowded bar, yelling to the heavens that the people of God must now take up arms for the Deep State has forced evil oppression upon us all?

Poe?

Well we can rarely ever be sure of just about anything under the sun. That said we can be pretty dang sure about this on account of how despite all his bluster & bravado he couldn't handle Twitter and deactivated his account.

Upvote 0

StromRider

Feb 25, 2005
North Lauderdale, FL
✟129,564.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I ride a v-star 1100. My previous bike was a Vulcan 1600. I'm partial to larger bikes. I want my next one to be a Concours 1400, but I'm afraid that's a few years out.

Those are some big bikes, way too large for my purposes. Good thing they make them in all shapes and sizes....

• Agree
Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I don’t get is what Trump has actually done to get such undying commitment from such a sizable portion of his base. I mean... people really liked Obama (and still do) but I don’t remember anyone threatening a civil war to shield him from any perceived criticism.

I don't get why people hated Trump so virulently that they planned to impeach him before he took office. Obama was consistently shielded from criticism by his supporters labelling anyone that said anything the least bit critical about him as a racist and anyone criticizing any of his policies as doing so because they didn't like the color of his skin. This MLB ref isn't going postal about mere criticism though is he? Let's be honest, the guy is grossly overreacting over a 3 year concerted effort to undo an election by any means necessary.

• Haha
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't get why people hated Trump so virulently that they planned to impeach him before he took office. Obama was consistently shielded from criticism by his supporters labelling anyone that said anything the least bit critical about him as a racist and anyone criticizing any of his policies as doing so because they didn't like the color of his skin. This MLB ref isn't going postal about mere criticism though is he? Let's be honest, the guy is grossly overreacting over a 3 year concerted effort to undo an election by any means necessary.
Just curious, were you in the United States at any point between 2009 to 2016?

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

It’s even worse than that, they were talking about impeachment before the election

How the GOP is already working on how to impeach Hillary Clinton if she wins

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

I grew up during President Obama's presidency and lived for a while in a rural area where folks were very proud and open about their hatred of him on account of his race. There are "jokes" out on signs in front of bars about lynching him, about the black man in the White House. Those folks became true devotees of Donald Trump years back when he started up the racist birther conspiracy theory. They saw him as the one "fighting for them" to try to prove that Obama had been born in Kenya and didn't deserve to be in the White House.

I don't think President Obama was the one who claimed that valid criticism of him was racists as you're claiming. It's head up the rear end up dumb to claim that he wasn't the recipient of a lot of hate not on account of his actions but due to his skin color.

You don't get why folks hated Donald Trump so virulently before he took office? Some folks actually bothered to look at the facts about his long history of bankruptcies. His long history of racism. Of pathologically lying. He did absolutely everything he could to prove that he totally lacked the qualifications and the temperament for the job. The rest of the world truly thought that the whole thing was a joke. Many still do. That Donald just punked the US.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think President Obama was the one who claimed that valid criticism of him was racists as you're claiming. /QUOTE]

I did not claim Obama was the one doing it. Perhaps you would care to re read what I actually claimed. I will make the pertinent part a little more noticeable as you seem to have you missed it.
"Obama was consistently shielded from criticism by his supporters labelling anyone that said anything the least bit critical about him as a racist and anyone criticizing any of his policies as doing so because they didn't like the color of his skin. ".

I decided not to quote the rest of the post as it is hate filled and engages in personal attacks.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I did not claim Obama was the one doing it. Perhaps you would care to re read what I actually claimed. I will make the pertinent part a little more noticeable as you seem to have you missed it.
"Obama was consistently shielded from criticism by his supporters labelling anyone that said anything the least bit critical about him as a racist and anyone criticizing any of his policies as doing so because they didn't like the color of his skin. ".

I decided not to quote the rest of the post as it is hate filled and engages in personal attacks.

Oh I read what you claimed. I'm sorry you weren't able to understand that it was understood from my post. Do you not understand that when the same folks who raged on about President Obama's skin color did make valid criticisms of his actions, that of course their history of racism towards him was brought up? Now, when rational folks who did not have such a history made rational criticisms the rational supporters of President Obama and President Obama himself did not construe those criticisms as being racist.

Yes, my post did describe the hatefulness and personal attacks made towards President Obama on account of the color of his skin by folks. Yes, Donald's birther conspiracy theory was very hateful, a very personal attack on President Obama and his family.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Influencing society is CNN's job? I thought they reported news.

I explained why it was newsworthy, as that appeared to be your initial objection.

Beyond that, however, I would say that we all have a responsibility to encourage non-violent and law-abiding action. My personal view is that not all media outlets do this with fairness, some favoring one violent group over another.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Beyond that, however, I would say that we all have a responsibility to encourage non-violent and law-abiding action. My personal view is that not all media outlets do this with fairness, some favoring one violent group over another.

The purpose of media was to report who, what, when , where, why and not create cable channels of opinion that the masses flock to. Remove the opinion channels and the masses will have to revert to just hearing the w5 news and making their own conclusions. That of course would about eliminate the division in the nations overnight as most could not fathom what was happening without being lead by the nose. Psychologists estimate 80% of the populace are followers.

Upvote 0