Visit site
✟21,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I personally think they're making too big of a deal over his death just to make more money... those tickets were selling for insane prices. Plus, it's all just a media money-maker. His death has been in the news for the past week and a half, whereas other famous people might get a few days. Anyway, he had some good music, but I'm not a big fan of him as a person.

Upvote 0

itisdeliciouscake

Deus est regit qui omnia
Apr 14, 2008
Indiana
✟11,689.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I personally think they're making too big of a deal over his death just to make more money... those tickets were selling for insane prices. Plus, it's all just a media money-maker. His death has been in the news for the past week and a half, whereas other famous people might get a few days. Anyway, he had some good music, but I'm not a big fan of him as a person.

the tickets were given away for free.....

Upvote 0

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟37,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it's sad that the media is making such a deal of his death, and almost gross that people actually are so interested. The man is dead! It's just wrong to start a huge conversation about his problems and his bad deeds now when he cannot defend himself and his closest ones are actually grieving over him and don't have the power to stick up for him. Just please, please try to respect his memory and whatever good he did in his life. He was a terrific entertainer, a good singer and a tough nut for standing all the critique he got and all the crap that the press told about him. I don't know if you saw this document that they made about him, but his closest ones told there that his parents made him just work and sing all the time so he'd become good and make money. He never got a real childhood and there's just no doubt that it was a part of the problems he's been having. I don't question that it was a horrid thing to do all the dirty stuff to kids, but he was a human like everyone else too and therefore made some mistakes - on top of Adam's and Eve's screwups he was having issues with his identity and mental health himself, so stop being so hard on him. May he rest in peace and not be remembered because of those kids he mistreated instead of his talent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renee09

Jun 3, 2007
in my beloved country
✟8,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
not the ones that people were trying to sell on ebay for atrocious amounts. (btw this is just what I heard on the news)

i think the ones sold on ebay were sold by individuals who wanted the money... and therefore should not be linked to the ones being given for free

Upvote 0

renee09

Jun 3, 2007
in my beloved country
✟8,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I love that a lot of people are celebrating him for his music and the positive things that he contributed to life, for everyone. That is the way it should be, we should dwell on the positives of life, as hard as that is at times. Other than that, people and the media should just leave the family alone. It is their time of grieving. Despite all his contributions to music, he is just another person, just as full of sin as everyone else.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.