The Chosen One
Sep 1, 2008
USA :P
✟7,646.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That guy Chris Angel walked on water. But it was only fancy technology tricks. Look him up on youtube, i cant post link need post count of 50 =/

I say he is a phony...the real miracles you see is when someone survives a crash or bad illness or gets to do something they thought it was impossible. Or have you ever thought of it like this, each day you live is a miracle because there a thousand ways you could die everyday.

Upvote 0

kdrmckinney

Veteran
Dec 10, 2007
Kentucky
Visit site
✟9,194.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hi,
I believe there are miracles today that, for whatever reason, don't get reported or discussed. I know that my dear friend was on her deathbed with Krutzfeld-Jakob disease (human version of mad cow) and was healed completely after much prayer. (This, of course, does not always happen, I know.) In The Hiding Place, Corrie Ten Boom discusses how her sister's Bible was not found during a search when it was right on her person. I think there are other instances that we either dismiss as explainable or that we are afraid to believe in because they are not explainable.
God bless,
Denise

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some Believe that the time of "miracles" ended with John on the Isle of Patmos (the last of the Super Apostles) When the Cannon of scripture was closed so was the "Act's" of the Spirit.

It's been my experience that the Holy Spirit is still among us. even shows himself thru miracles. Just not thru Miracle workers anymore. Meaning if there isn't a "goto guy" for your cancer or heart problems you will have to lean on God even harder.

Upvote 0

oxquo

Sep 3, 2008
Kamsack Saskatchewan Canada
✟15,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I like to think a miracle is what You make it, watching Our son being born was the greatest miracle I have seen, watching the next one be born will be no less of a miracle. I think seeing someone walk on water would only make Me question whether it was truly a miracle, there is no question when a baby is born that a miracle has happened. Look closely around You and on a smaller scale, You will see miracles happen every day.

On a further note, those who saw Christ perform the miracles that He did in person, did they all walk away believers? If so We'd have never had the crucifixion. The bible even warns about those who will come and perform great feats and miracles in the end times. As for Chris Angel, let's just say He's an entertainer, perhaps not the best representative for Christian entertainment but those are just My views, there is a large chance that His magic is based on the darker forces that be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In certain parts of the world I've read accounts of miracles, bilocation and even walking on water. How come we don't see this here in the US?

Maybe those miracles are only a person who has had their demons cast out of them. Keep casting demons out and you will see a lot of miracles.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

JCSeeker

Aug 31, 2008
✟15,150.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In certain parts of the world I've read accounts of miracles, bilocation and even walking on water. How come we don't see this here in the US?

If God shows us miracles, will all men believe?

I believe that the lack of miracles in the US corresponds with the lack of faith. God wants us to see his power and revel in his glory, but as we have no faith, we refuse to allow him to work in our lives. Furthermore we ignore real miracles that actually happen. The media helps aggravate the situation by broadcasting 'miracle workers' who for the most part do not have the Spirit working through them. Because of these fakes, people lose faith in miracles. But they do happen!

Again, if you see a miracle, would you believe? Faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see (Hebrews 11:1). Only those with faith will see God's miracles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I dont believe miracles storys performed by other people only god can do that

My dear young sister, that's because you are 14 years of age.

But, when you begin to mature in your walk with our Lord Jesus Christ, become a "true believer", and finally reach the age of 74 years of age, then you will have possibly seen a number of miracles.

If you don't see any miracles in that time, then you would have been living a passive life of Lordship and not an Active Life of Lordship.

“Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive; for the hearts of this people have grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them. But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.” (Matt. 13:14-17)

Be blessed in Jesus’ Name.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I've heard a lot of things like this too, but I have never seen a example of a scientifically documented healing by prayer. And I have not heard about other miracles either (except those mentioned in the bible). And I am not living in the US.

When a person is set free from demonisation, that is the greatest "miracle" of all things, because all Christians can share in it!:)

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover (Mark 16:15-18)

All miracles!

Be blessed in Jesus’ Name.

Upvote 0

Maranatha27

Nov 1, 2007
Massachusetts
✟16,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can only give my opinion on this subject,

Miracles are in some sense, a means of validating the message that the servant brings, or in our Lord case God. Remeber when John was in prison:

Matt 11:2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
[3] And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?
[4] Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
[5] The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Miracles was one thing our Lord pointed to, to validate his message. I believe That miracles a specifically for that purpose. Not to make every individual whole, but to drive home the reality of the message.

God turning back the sun dial for Hezikiah, The fire on the water soaked altar, These valadated the prophets message.

Christianity is well established in the U.S. The message is everywhere. I belive if you wanted to see a miracle it would most likely take place in a part of the world where little or none of the message is known.

H A Ironside a beloved teacher gave a parable in his exposition in Acts. A man went to a distant land and left behind a beloved wife, He showered her with precious gifts. Word came that the woman was carousing out at night with different men. The stream of gifts suddenly dried up. ( paraphased quite poorly).

The nation of Israel is quite a sign I like to marvel at.

Upvote 0