Miracle healings ???

DCCC

Apr 26, 2006
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear all,

I am Tommy :wave: This is my first post.......

I was in another forum discussing about the issue of miracle healings. Many conservative skeptics were asking me to show medical proof for such miracle healings. They said most of the claims on miracle healings in the internet or television are fraud....

Does anyone of you knows where to get "medical proof" for miracle healings? Has any medical journal ever published issues on miracle healings?

Cheers

Tommy

UKChristianJ

Apr 26, 2006
UK, Kent
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
DCCC said:
Dear all,

I was in another forum discussing about the issue of miracle healings. Many conservative skeptics were asking me to show medical proof for such miracle healings. They said most of the claims on miracle healings in the internet or television are fraud....

Does anyone of you knows where to get "medical proof" for miracle healings? Has any medical journal ever published issues on miracle healings?

Cheers

Tommy
I saw a miracle healing take place. It was absolutely breathtaking. A woman who has lost feeling and complete control of both her legs in a swimming pool incident some 30 years ago came to a healing session with a group of Christians all to see a guy named Rob Rufus. I was included. He prayed hard with others and focused on the womans legs as she sat crying in a wheel chair. She eventually started twitching her legs and struggled to walk... All followers of Rob walked with her and prayed as she began to re-gain normal control of her walking pace and did many laps around the building. She cried as she walked, her husband was in too much shock and was lost for words. Unable to walk all her life and now she walks as if she could walk a marathon. Me and my relatives were there. It was amazing... He must be very close with God. She then gave a speech about how happy she was to have her legs back to normal, you could really feel the couples relief and happiness.

Gods works for all of us!!

Upvote 0

euphoria

Hebrews 13:8
Apr 15, 2006
✟9,837.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to Christian Forums! :)

I do not know much about miracle healings, but do believe that I was personally healed by God one time.

attachment.php

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
DCCC said:
Dear all,

Cheers

Tommy
Welcome and God Bless you.

Upvote 0

SpitfireOverThames

Apr 29, 2006
London
✟799.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Conservative
Below is just wonderful! Jesus the Messiah is the same yesterday, today, and forever! He has not changed!

UKChristianJ said:
I saw a miracle healing take place. It was absolutely breathtaking. A woman who has lost feeling and complete control of both her legs in a swimming pool incident some 30 years ago came to a healing session with a group of Christians all to see a guy named Rob Rufus. I was included. He prayed hard with others and focused on the womans legs as she sat crying in a wheel chair. She eventually started twitching her legs and struggled to walk... All followers of Rob walked with her and prayed as she began to re-gain normal control of her walking pace and did many laps around the building. She cried as she walked, her husband was in too much shock and was lost for words. Unable to walk all her life and now she walks as if she could walk a marathon. Me and my relatives were there. It was amazing... He must be very close with God. She then gave a speech about how happy she was to have her legs back to normal, you could really feel the couples relief and happiness.

Gods works for all of us!!

What a beautiful testimony! The Lord has not changed. He still honours the prayers of His people. He still has compassion and responds to the heartfelt prayers of His people. Thanks for sharing!

~Sean

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hisbygrace

Carried On The Wings Of An Eagle
Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
DCCC said:
Dear all,

Cheers

Tommy

Hello Tommy and welcome to CF! I don't know where to find evidence of miracle healings, but I know in my own life they have happened. I believe that this is just something we have to take by faith. Hope that you find what you are looking for. God bless....:)

Upvote 0
K

KCD43

Tommy,
To correctly understand N.T. healing the believer needs to heed (2 Tim 3:14-17), remembering that the “holy scriptures” then were the Old Testament writings.

The creation of Israel as a nation began with signs & wonders. Ex 4:1-9; v 28-30; 7:3; 8:23; 10:1-2; Deut 4:33-39, etc. God told Israel that was how they would know for certain that the messenger was truly from Him, that is, unless the worker was a test to see if Israel would abandon His commandments (Deut 13:1-10).

Thus Israel was programmed, so to speak 1 Cor 1:22, to look for signs & as a result had no excuse to reject their Messiah for He did such, abundantly (Jn 7:31; 9:16; 11:47;-48; 12:17-19; v 37; 14:9-11; Acts 2:22, etc). Consequently that is why their judgment was so severe (Mt 23:33-36; Luke 12:48).

Knowing that Israel had been so conditioned (Jn 1:1; v 14), our Lord gave the apostles healing power (Mt 28:18; Mk 16:16-18; Acts 3:1-8; 5:15; 28:3-5; 2 Cor 11:5; Gal 2:6-9; vs. 11-19, etc) so that whether the Jew was in the land of Israel or dispersed in the world (Dan 9:7; Jn 10:16; Acts 2:5-14; v 39) they would believe (1 Cor 1:22). And if you will carefully read the N.T. you will discover that there were no healing failures after our Lord’s ascension (Acts 5:16).

However, as Paul clearly states in 1 Corinthians 13, such signs would cease, which is proven in the lives of faithful ministers of the gospel before the end of the lives of the apostles (1 Tim 5:23; 2 Tim 4:20; Phil 2:27). Why, because the dispersed Jew had by then heard the gospel (Col 1:5-6).

Yes, God still heals, if it is His will, in answer to prayer. No, there are no “faith healers” being sent by God today as such repeatedly & blatantly prove. If they could they heal just 10% of the folks found in hospitals, not their auditoriums, would not the major TV networks be following them around in order to capture TV audience? Would they not be interviewing doctors about the healing of their patients?

Again, keep in mind that is with just 10% being healed. Imagine the reaction of the public & the doctors dismay when they watch their 2nd house, Mercedes, airplane, boat payment walk out of the hospital without the need of their services. So what do you think their reaction would be if there were zero failures (Acts 5:16)?

When I went to a truck terminal in Birmingham in 1979 looking for employment there was a truck driver memorizing other drivers with tales about a “faith healer” who was even raising the dead. After I quoted some of the above verses his audience began making the connection. Seeing that he no longer had their full attention, & being asked for proof, the trucker became irate & said that he had such out in his truck.

Though I thought he was lying, this was my 2nd direct involvement with “faith healers”, would have several more later that all turned out the same way, I also had then a brother-in-law that was dying from M. S. & I‘m not infallible on the scriptures.. If this guy could document what he had said my brother-in-law was going to that “healer“ immediately. So I went with him to his truck, where he jumped into the cab & reaching under his seat produced a snub nosed revolver stating this was his proof.

No, I’m not making this up. Such people are greatly deceived as it is obvious they are not truthful (Ps 51:6; Jn 4:23-24).

Yes, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, & forever in love, mercy, etc. but His operation & commandments with believers has changed, as witnessed by the eating of shrimp, pork, etc which were once a clear violation of the dietary law of the Jews.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about this matter.

KCD

Upvote 0

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
KCD43 said:
Tommy,
To correctly understand N.T. healing the believer needs to heed (2 Tim 3:14-17), remembering that the “holy scriptures” then were the Old Testament writings.

The creation of Israel as a nation began with signs & wonders. Ex 4:1-9; v 28-30; 7:3; 8:23; 10:1-2; Deut 4:33-39, etc. God told Israel that was how they would know for certain that the messenger was truly from Him, that is, unless the worker was a test to see if Israel would abandon His commandments (Deut 13:1-10).

Thus Israel was programmed, so to speak 1 Cor 1:22, to look for signs & as a result had no excuse to reject their Messiah for He did such, abundantly (Jn 7:31; 9:16; 11:47;-48; 12:17-19; v 37; 14:9-11; Acts 2:22, etc). Consequently that is why their judgment was so severe (Mt 23:33-36; Luke 12:48).

Knowing that Israel had been so conditioned (Jn 1:1; v 14), our Lord gave the apostles healing power (Mt 28:18; Mk 16:16-18; Acts 3:1-8; 5:15; 28:3-5; 2 Cor 11:5; Gal 2:6-9; vs. 11-19, etc) so that whether the Jew was in the land of Israel or dispersed in the world (Dan 9:7; Jn 10:16; Acts 2:5-14; v 39) they would believe (1 Cor 1:22). And if you will carefully read the N.T. you will discover that there were no healing failures after our Lord’s ascension (Acts 5:16).

However, as Paul clearly states in 1 Corinthians 13, such signs would cease, which is proven in the lives of faithful ministers of the gospel before the end of the lives of the apostles (1 Tim 5:23; 2 Tim 4:20; Phil 2:27). Why, because the dispersed Jew had by then heard the gospel (Col 1:5-6).

Yes, God still heals, if it is His will, in answer to prayer. No, there are no “faith healers” being sent by God today as such repeatedly & blatantly prove. If they could they heal just 10% of the folks found in hospitals, not their auditoriums, would not the major TV networks be following them around in order to capture TV audience? Would they not be interviewing doctors about the healing of their patients?

Again, keep in mind that is with just 10% being healed. Imagine the reaction of the public & the doctors dismay when they watch their 2nd house, Mercedes, airplane, boat payment walk out of the hospital without the need of their services. So what do you think their reaction would be if there were zero failures (Acts 5:16)?

When I went to a truck terminal in Birmingham in 1979 looking for employment there was a truck driver memorizing other drivers with tales about a “faith healer” who was even raising the dead. After I quoted some of the above verses his audience began making the connection. Seeing that he no longer had their full attention, & being asked for proof, the trucker became irate & said that he had such out in his truck.

Though I thought he was lying, this was my 2nd direct involvement with “faith healers”, would have several more later that all turned out the same way, I also had then a brother-in-law that was dying from M. S. & I‘m not infallible on the scriptures.. If this guy could document what he had said my brother-in-law was going to that “healer“ immediately. So I went with him to his truck, where he jumped into the cab & reaching under his seat produced a snub nosed revolver stating this was his proof.

No, I’m not making this up. Such people are greatly deceived as it is obvious they are not truthful (Ps 51:6; Jn 4:23-24).

Yes, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, & forever in love, mercy, etc. but His operation & commandments with believers has changed, as witnessed by the eating of shrimp, pork, etc which were once a clear violation of the dietary law of the Jews.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about this matter.

KCD
Hello and Welcome

We are poud to have you join us. May the Sonshine on you today. God Bless you.........

Upvote 0