Visit site
✟2,267.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
my minor will probably be in languages and linguistics.. unless i end up majoring in that.. then i'll have a double major in that and music. orrrr just music? music's awkward and i'll need an extra year for either... so...!

Upvote 0

ACADEMIC

The Roving Forums Scholar
Aug 13, 2006
✟8,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Double-majors can sometimes be a bear, and in the job market a minor holder rarely wins out over a major holder.

I went to a top-tier honors college that offered no minors and one major and one major only, Liberal Arts & Sciences, but many concentrations and several certifications. Concentrations consisted of 30 or a bit more credit hours broadly considered to be within a single discipline. Certifications consisted of several specific classes one could add to their concentration(s). Each person had to have at least one concentration.

I did dual concentrations, Anthropology and Political Science. Doing so was quite straightforward and required no additional credits beyond that for the normal bachelor's degree. Yet my honors undergrad thesis (9 credit hours done over one year) also had to be interdisciplinary. That required a thesis committee 3 times the size of the normal one. My thesis was thus scrutinized more closely and more was demanded of me, which I actually enjoyed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZACTAK

Contributor
Feb 12, 2005
Missouri
✟16,157.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have two minors. I am minoring in Psychology and Spanish. My major is Criminology... I want to work as a counselor for at-risk teenagers or be a forensic interviewer. Emphasis in Psychology will obviously help me in counseling, but it will also help me to understand more of the mind and how it works if I decide to become a forensic interviewer.

With knowledge in Spanish, it will also help me get my foot in the door because I will be able to help a lot more people with the increasing number of Spanish speakers in the U.S.

Upvote 0

Chubi

Aug 3, 2006
✟7,695.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
My minor is Philosophy. I was enrolled in a Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Engineering, but I've decided to just do the Bachelor of Arts and head off to do a Master of Divinity. My major is English Literature, so I figure that a nice grounding in Philosophy will help when I get to Bible College.

Chubi :D

Upvote 0