Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
That the us is giving aid, yes that's not news.

That they survived 69 Days trapped underground, and are now coming out, that is news.
Indeed. Was watching CNN today, and their big banner at the bottom consistently over like a half hour said "US Helps Rescue Miners". Bugged the heck out of me for no apparent reason.

Upvote 0

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
God is good. I mean he kept them safe, there weren't any more collapses, the guys didn't go nuts underground, and weren't they all rescued? I mean in a world that seems to be full of doom and gloom it's nice to hear an inspiring story. It seems that the last mining stories I heard all ended with funerals and not reunions. It's nice to have a reprieve.

Upvote 0

jthomas1600

Dec 15, 2009
✟15,190.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I run a boat in Brazil and spend about 9 months a year here. I've noticed something interesting. When ever Brazil is involved in something noteworthy around the world they publicize it. I think they take pride in the things they do around the world. I have crew that work with and live with me aboard the vessel from Chili, Honduras, Peru, Trinidad, etc. and when their countries are involved in something noteworthy around the world they look for news coverage on the internet that highlights it and take some pride in what their countries are doing. What's wrong with the same thing happening in the U.S.?

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I run a boat in Brazil and spend about 9 months a year here. I've noticed something interesting. When ever Brazil is involved in something noteworthy around the world they publicize it. I think they take pride in the things they do around the world. I have crew that work with and live with me aboard the vessel from Chili, Honduras, Peru, Trinidad, etc. and when their countries are involved in something noteworthy around the world they look for news coverage on the internet that highlights it and take some pride in what their countries are doing. What's wrong with the same thing happening in the U.S.?
Are you hiring?
Iv'e always dreamt of working on a ship, so I joined the Navy, and ended up spending 4 years listening to jarheads complain that their feet hurt.:D

Upvote 0

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
Hey AHS,
You should try to go down to Australia and hop aboard the Steve Irwin (recently renamed). It's a ship working with the sea shepherds who are trying to stop whaling in the south sea. They're always looking for volunteers. I think it would be fantastic.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Jaws13 when America helped with the tsunami or the earthquake in Haiti did you notice alot of publicity about the aid sent, and what was your reaction to it?

Upvote 0

jthomas1600

Dec 15, 2009
✟15,190.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey AHS,
You should try to go down to Australia and hop aboard the Steve Irwin (recently renamed). It's a ship working with the sea shepherds who are trying to stop whaling in the south sea. They're always looking for volunteers. I think it would be fantastic.

The captain of that vessel is ill-prepared, unprofessional, sloppy, lazy, lacks common sense and is just in general a danger to his crew. As a life long sailor I would never in a million years entrust my life to that man and if it was ever demonstrated to me that I put my crew in that kind of risk I would retire today. I can't post links yet, so go to youtube and search Whale Wars: Best of Series 1: The Delta Capsizes for an example of poor and dangerous seamanship.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey AHS,

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Jaws13 when America helped with the tsunami or the earthquake in Haiti did you notice alot of publicity about the aid sent, and what was your reaction to it?

I almost disagree with the way those crusaders go about their business, and it would seem there is an egomaniac at the helm of that vessel.

Also, I could not volunteer. I have a large family to take care of, and we are at the bottom of the class scale if you get my drift. Just the trip down under would bankrupt us.:D

As for the way the u.s. is always touting our disaster relief, it seems since after katrina we have a need here to boast about how well we regard disaster victims.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums