Milestones/Big events

the_man

" My heart is spoken for&
Nov 21, 2002
Boulder CO
✟16,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'll start off. I'm in the process of buying a condo built from scratch. It will be ready beginning of next year. I can't wait. I went in for the Phase II selections 2 weekends ago, got to select cabinets, carpets, tiles, countertops, etc. It was kinda stressful and the whole house buying process can be intimidating. But I thank God for seeing me thru it this far. :bow:

Upvote 0

klewlis

cur tu me vexas?
Jan 27, 2004
Edmonton
Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Christian
In May I bought a new car (my first new one... I had 5 used ones prior to that and was sick of car repairs!).

Just last week I started my new job/position (it was a transfer/promotion, so not an entirely new job, and all my benefits transfer right over with me! yay!). It is going well so far.

Next summer I am planning to go to Italy--it will be my first time out of north america, and I am very excited. :)
(If anyone around here lives in Italy and wants to take in a couple of vagabonds for a night, let me know! lol)

Upvote 0

the_man

Nov 21, 2002
Boulder CO
✟16,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
klewlis said:
In May I bought a new car (my first new one... I had 5 used ones prior to that and was sick of car repairs!).

Just last week I started my new job/position (it was a transfer/promotion, so not an entirely new job, and all my benefits transfer right over with me! yay!). It is going well so far.

Next summer I am planning to go to Italy--it will be my first time out of north america, and I am very excited. :)
(If anyone around here lives in Italy and wants to take in a couple of vagabonds for a night, let me know! lol)
Congrats on the car (model & make?) and job, that's awesome. Owww, Italy, I'm jealous :blush: Good stuff.

Upvote 0

the_man

Nov 21, 2002
Boulder CO
✟16,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Living4Him03 said:
In August of 2003 I got my bachelor's degree...God willing I will have my master's this Dec. :) Then I will get my first real job.

I might get to go to Lagos, in Nigeria next year with one of my friends

That's all I can think of so far
Congrats on the degree. What was it in? and is your masters in the same area?

Nigeria, neat, I was born there. Have you been there before?

Upvote 0

Living4Him03

Just wanna dance with you
Nov 16, 2003
Fort Worth, Texas
Visit site
✟18,965.00
Faith
Protestant
both degrees are in social work :)

I haven't been to Nigeria or out of the country before so I really hope I get to go. My friend is always talking about it and I have so many questions for her all the time. She told me I should just go with her when she visits her family next year. I love Nigerians. Ya'll are so happy. Although I guess just as in any country there are people who arent happy, but in general :)

Upvote 0

gizmo03

Hopeless Dreamer
Aug 17, 2004
Ohio
✟9,018.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I am hoping to be moving in with some friends in the next couple weeks, could be sooner, but I want to make sure I have a job or some kind of money coming to me to help out. Praying all that will be worked out, just somewhat worried, things haven't gone the way I have wanted in awhile. But moving out is something I will make sure will happen.:)

Upvote 0

the_man

Nov 21, 2002
Boulder CO
✟16,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Living4Him03 said:
both degrees are in social work :)

I haven't been to Nigeria or out of the country before so I really hope I get to go. My friend is always talking about it and I have so many questions for her all the time. She told me I should just go with her when she visits her family next year. I love Nigerians. Ya'll are so happy. Although I guess just as in any country there are people who arent happy, but in general :)
Awesome. yeah there was a survey that said we were the happiest people on the planet (I forget the exact criteria they were measuring by), but it's true, we like to make the best of the circumstances whatever they may be (and we gotta be able to laugh at ourselves, which we do alot, heh).

Upvote 0

the_man

Nov 21, 2002
Boulder CO
✟16,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
gizmo03 said:
I am hoping to be moving in with some friends in the next couple weeks, could be sooner, but I want to make sure I have a job or some kind of money coming to me to help out. Praying all that will be worked out, just somewhat worried, things haven't gone the way I have wanted in awhile. But moving out is something I will make sure will happen.:)
Well, we can all join in prayer for a job for you :pray:

:groupray:

Heavenly Father, thank you for allowing us to see this day, this day that you have made. We thank you for your faithfulness to us even though we are forgetful to you. We ask that you forgive us for our offences against you in thought, word or deed. Father, we ask that you be with gizmo thru this time. As she is going thru a transition period and is looking for a job and a source of income, Lord we want you to take over her search and provide her with that opportunity you have created for her, for we know that you alone are our provider. Thank you Father for hearing our prayer. In Christ name, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums