Michael Moore jokes about Jesus being gay...at Georgetown...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The caps are annoying
Lets face it. His whole delivery is annoying. We keep seeing the term tabloid thrown around OBOB. This guy embodies that term imo. Regardless of the points I may agree or disagree with. But it got him on the map.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, no word for word transcript from what I can find. But it does seem he implied Jesus hanging out with 12 men being suspect. As well as a generous sprinkling of f-bombs throughout the speech.

I think he should be punished by taking a shower on a regular basis. Go on Jenny Craig & wash his mouth out with a bar of Lava soap.

He makes his money by being offensive on so many levels when his actual message that means something is enough to stand on it's own imo.

Well, according to the Hoya which has the only reporter in the room at the time he used an obsensity once and immediately appologized and spent most of the rest of the time talking about student activism.

No mention of Jesus being gay.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, according to the Hoya which has the only reporter in the room at the time he used an obsensity once and immediately appologized and spent most of the rest of the time talking about student activism.

No mention of Jesus being gay.
Like I said, I'd love to see a word for word transcript. So far I've found nothing.

Moore is probably enjoying the dust-up though.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In sociological terms, he is a prophetic voice using the media to point out what's wrong with our society and alert people to "wake up."

He was invited to Georgetown by a student-run organization. One of their other speakers was the director of NORML, an organization trying to legalize marijuana.

I don't think that his comments were meant to infer that Jesus was gay. Maybe it was just to remind people that while Jesus was on earth, he dined and socialized with prostitutes, tax collectors, and other marginalized groups in his culture. He challenged the establishment.

In his prophetic works, does Moore sometimes go over the top? Of course he does. It's hard to attract the attention of people who base their decisions on deceptive campaign ads financed by big business.

Upvote 0