Visit site
✟118,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That's not what it was about. A charitable synthesis of the various narrative would seem to suggest that the first hierarch of a church needs to be a seasoned administrator as well as a holy pastor, and it seems only half the bill was fit. Perhaps he could have developed into what was needed if he didn't rocket immediately to the top.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone know why he resigned? Was it possibly because he was too ecumenical, reaching out to such groups as the new Anglican Church of North America and others?
When you're trying to be a Church that operates on a certain degree of American democracy it is difficult to do so when the leader makes decisions on a whim like a pregnant woman's mood swings.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,570.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When you're trying to be a Church that operates on a certain degree of American democracy it is difficult to do so when the leader makes decisions on a whim like a pregnant woman's mood swings.
I think there IS something that ought to be opened, and I think it directly connected to Kevin Allen and Fr Tom Hopko's final podcasts and opposition from our various jurisdictional bishops or the temporal powers behind them to Orthodox unity in America. I think Met Jonah ran up against that.

Upvote 0

CelticRebel

Site Supporter
May 21, 2015
✟60,615.00
Faith
Christian
I think there IS something that ought to be opened, and I think it directly connected to Kevin Allen and Fr Tom Hopko's final podcasts and opposition from our various jurisdictional bishops or the temporal powers behind them to Orthodox unity in America. I think Met Jonah ran up against that.

Could you explain further, please?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Definately not ecumenism otherwise he would not have joined ROCOR who are staunchly anti-ecumenists.

he is not in ROCOR

it's not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The OCA may not have inked the release yet, but he's serving a ROCOR flock and they treat him like one of their own. The confusion is understandable.

I know, I have seen him serve at Holy Trinity. there is also some ironing on the ROCOR side of the house as well, from my understanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums