Las Vegas
✟11,196.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That game was pretty good, but Prime (the first) was better. I went through Prime about 3-4 times, Once on hard mode, but couldn't beat Omega Pirate...

Echoes wasn't as fun IMO, went through once, or twice, never actually beat it though... I don't think at least. I've heard that Echoes was the worst. In fact Myamoto said something like

"Metroid Prime 2 Echoes as a game didn't live up to Retro Games expectations, and it didn't live up to Nintendos expectations."

Now I guess you could take that from a sales POV, but I don't htink that was entirely how it was meant.

Either way I've got my wii, and I'm buying Corruption, day 1 :thumbsup:. Yeah I don't really do the whole pre-order thing.

Upvote 0

Kol

Working on it
Jan 24, 2007
✟12,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
::whimper:: I want Corruption so bad...

Yeah, the Omega Pirate can be tough.

I thought Echoes was better in some ways, tho to say a game's better than Prime is to say it's better than perfect. The bosses in Echoes were much better. The music was just as good, with the exception of the space pirate's theme. Sanctuary Fortress was awesome. The remix of the Brinstar theme was...otherworldly.

How can you play Corruption if you haven't finished Echoes? Its a continuous story.

Let me know how the Wii goes...I just can't bring myself to buy something with a controller like that...

Upvote 0

MidnightCandel777

Some Mountains Are Scaled. Others Are Slain.
Mar 22, 2006
Somewhere between here and there...
✟2,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
::whimper:: I want Corruption so bad...

Yeah, the Omega Pirate can be tough.

I thought Echoes was better in some ways, tho to say a game's better than Prime is to say it's better than perfect. The bosses in Echoes were much better. The music was just as good, with the exception of the space pirate's theme. Sanctuary Fortress was awesome. The remix of the Brinstar theme was...otherworldly.

How can you play Corruption if you haven't finished Echoes? Its a continuous story.

Let me know how the Wii goes...I just can't bring myself to buy something with a controller like that...

:eek: YOU DOUBT THE POWER OF THE WII????????

Trust me, once you use the Wii-mote, you're hooked.

Besides that, I never really got into Metroid, even though others swear by it. The only one I've really gotten into was Metroid 2 for the Game Boy. (Yes, Game Boy)
I played "Prime" for about 2 hours, then never picked it back up. I really don't know why.

Upvote 0

Kol

Working on it
Jan 24, 2007
✟12,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SoulFly51

Sep 19, 2004
✟9,920.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
http://www.nintendoland.com/home2.htm?nes/access.htm

The Wii is the most retarded idea since the Power Glove.

Seeing as how Echoes is still one of the best Gamecube games, I don't see how it can't live up to anyone's expectations.

But yeah, it didn't sell as well...

You know not what you speak of, young one.

I own a Wii, and it is awesome.

Wii sales are kickin' tail - many agree with me.

Upvote 0

SoulFly51

Sep 19, 2004
✟9,920.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You may not. But the remote does does spell major gameplay changes for most gametypes.

For instance, I like first person shooters, and have never been interested in console FPS's because the control scheme for shooters was so inferior to the mouse + keyboard combination. But now I actually have a gun that I have to physically aim at the bad guys on the TV in the Wiimote - I find that to be fun.

And then there's games like The Godfather where I have to physically punch people and throw them out windows, or Madden where I physically have to throw the football to my guy on the screen, or Warioware where I can watch my friends make fools of themselves following the instructions on the TV, or Wii Sports where my friends and I actually have to swing the bat and pitch the ball.

Its just a lot different and fun, and if that's not your cup of tea then God bless you, but don't knock it till you've tried it. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RanTanNuo

Apr 20, 2007
Visit site
✟15,221.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You know not what you speak of, young one.

I own a Wii, and it is awesome.

Wii sales are kickin' tail - many agree with me.
I also own a Wii and its great. The interaction with the games are far better quality than the power glove ever was. Another plus is being able to play NES, SNES and Sega games on one system.

Upvote 0