Messianic Jews - bridge between Jews and Christians...

edenvegan

Oldie but goodie
Sep 14, 2003
Southern California
Visit site
✟7,911.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True.

How's Pastor Greg?

It's been 7 months... but that kind of tragedy never fades. How's he holding up?

Oh hey, thanks for asking. In the beginning the church had other men preaching in his place at church and on his e-devotions.

Now, on his radio program he still talks about his son's "departure to heaven" and that he'll never really be the same. (It's only been one year.)--I think. Now is the time for him to get ready for the Harvest Crusade happening in SoCal this August.

He sent me (everyone) an email asking for us to volunteer to work the event as follow-up counselors, etc. It's business as usual. :)

Upvote 0

ShirChadash

A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟22,943.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Messianics may be a bridge between Christians and JUDAISM, but messianics are not in any way a bridge between Jews and Christians. I know that statement will hurt people's "widdo fee fees", but it's the reality of the situation and no one is doing anyone any favors to pretend otherwise, to keep from hurting feelings. No G-d-fearing, well-taught Jew practicing Judaism would ever consider messianics in general, or any messianic individual, to be in any way an acceptable source to turn to for any information or insight on G-d or proper beliefs. Christians can learn to love Judaism through the efforts and teaching of messianics, yes. But as the piggy says, that's all, folks.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟578,064.44
Faith
Messianic
Messianics may be a bridge between Christians and JUDAISM, but messianics are not in any way a bridge between Jews and Christians. I know that statement will hurt people's "widdo fee fees", but it's the reality of the situation and no one is doing anyone any favors to pretend otherwise, to keep from hurting feelings. No G-d-fearing, well-taught Jew practicing Judaism would ever consider messianics in general, or any messianic individual, to be in any way an acceptable source to turn to for any information or insight on G-d or proper beliefs. Christians can learn to love Judaism through the efforts and teaching of messianics, yes. But as the piggy says, that's all, folks.
It will definitely take the workings of the Holy Spirit at the right time and place to create a condition in which prophecies concerning Jews will have a national heart change. Miracles happen and God is still in control. We look forward to the day when our Messiah is your Messiah.:clap:

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟578,064.44
Faith
Messianic
Yes, but what I should've said was, "Do messianics believe about Gentile and Jew Separation"
Messianic are inspired by the scripture that there will come a time, and it might be already here, that the "time of the gentiles be fulfilled"..

Luke 21:24
And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

and in the studies with this prophecy are seeing a time when the separation of Jews and Gentiles will be no longer. The light will come on for both the Jews and Gentiles that Yeshua is the King of the Jews, Lord of Lords, and Creator and Redeemer... and what all that entails.

Ephesians 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

As you know dispensation means that a period of time has been alotted for certain events to occur and then there will be major change. By these promises of scripture among others, we believe that returning to the roots of the faith is the gathering place for the end time. Remember God said through Paul that the Jews are the keepers fo the oracles of God.

Many have searched the scriptures over the years and dug up mighty gems of faith, and I, along with many others believe that an search of the scriptures through the hebrew mindset will explain even more mysteries of God. We all look forward to the day when the mystery of God should be finished. It will be a sign of maturity in the believers when all these controversies with God's Word are settled to His Understanding and Wisdom and not that of man's traditional views.

Upvote 0

ShirChadash

A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟22,943.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It will definitely take the workings of the Holy Spirit at the right time and place to create a condition in which prophecies concerning Jews will have a national heart change. Miracles happen and God is still in control. We look forward to the day when our Messiah is your Messiah.:clap:
chas v'shalom. Thank G-d we will, as always, continue to be faithful.

Upvote 0