Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Read the sabbath commandment in Exodus 20. It points to God's creation. Therefore it applies to all mankind. And as long as His creation exists, the sabbath is binding on them.

Jesus fulfilled the sabbath? Yes, He did keep the sabbath as He also did not kill, lie... So does it mean the commandments on murder and lying are done away too? So christians can freely break them?
Read the Sabbath commandment in Deuteronomy 5:20. It points to the Exodus. Therefore it applies to the Jews.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OrthodoxyUSA: So, you have some "secret" teachings, then? That's what I thought. As for me, I'll stick with the scriptures as I've proved them to be accurate time and time again.

Take care.

P.S. Why don't you ever actually say anything? You keep on talking about your "teachings", but you don't state what they actually are. What are you afraid of? Reproof?

Hi new guy. :wave:Welcome to GT.

How many of my 17k posts have you read?

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pythons: More words, but still no info. Where's the beef?

God established Moses and the Old Covenant Priesthood as THE religious authority....
....And gave commandments as to how, when and why worship was to be conducted.
....Korah didn't like that, that Moses was 'above the people' - we all know what happend to him.

Aaron had two sons, who were priests, that DIDN'T follow the Liturgy properly...
...We all know what happened to them.

God is manifested in the Person Jesus Christ who fulfills ALL things which were spoken of...
...In the Law & the Prophets.

Instructs His Apostles that they are to go and "teach" all Nations all things which He commanded them....
...Acts 1 is very clear that Jesus continued issuing "commandments" unto the Apostles He selected.

Everyone is not a Pope or a Council - is that better or would you like me to start quoting Scripture?
....Which demonstrates what I've just said.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Ih8s8n

Dec 24, 2005
✟1,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OrthodoxyUSA said:
Hi new guy.
wave.gif
Welcome to GT.

OrthodoxyUSA: I've been here for 5 years.

OrthodoxyUSA said:
How many of my 17k posts have you read?

And yet more wasted words. It's obvious that you have nothing to offer. Enjoy your secret society.

Upvote 0

Ih8s8n

Dec 24, 2005
✟1,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pythons said:
God established Moses and the Old Covenant Priesthood as THE religious authority....
....And gave commandments as to how, when and why worship was to be conducted.
....Korah didn't like that, that Moses was 'above the people' - we all know what happend to him.

Aaron had two sons, who were priests, that DIDN'T follow the Liturgy properly...
...We all know what happened to them.

God is manifested in the Person Jesus Christ who fulfills ALL things which were spoken of...
...In the Law & the Prophets.

Instructs His Apostles that they are to go and "teach" all Nations all things which He commanded them....
...Acts 1 is very clear that Jesus continued issuing "commandments" unto the Apostles He selected.

Everyone is not a Pope or a Council - is that better or would you like me to start quoting Scripture?
....Which demonstrates what I've just said.

Pythons: Actually, you've still said nothing. Where's the beef? You know, the secret teachings that those who follow the scriptures are apparently ignorant of (not in reality, of course, but only according to you and OrthodoxyUSA)?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pythons: Actually, you've still said nothing. Where's the beef? You know, the secret teachings that those who follow the scriptures are apparently ignorant of (not in reality, of course, but only according to you and OrthodoxyUSA)?
I love a mystery! :thumbsup: :pray:

1 Corin 12:1 About yet the spiritual-things brethren! not I am willing ye to be being ignorant

Colo 1:26 The Mystery having been Hid from the ages and from the generations, now yet was made manifest to the holy-ones of Him.
27 To-whom wills, the God, to make known any the riches of the glory of this, the Mystery, in the Nations, which is Christ in ye, the hope of glory.
[Revelation 10:7]

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh Messenger, whenever He may be being about to be trumpeting,
also is finish the Mystery of the God as He brings Well-Message to His bond-servants the prophets.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OrthodoxyUSA: I've been here for 5 years.

Not on GT you haven't. Unless you've been using a different name?

WE (you and I) have never spoken before have we?

Take a look at my active threads in this section.

If that doesn't help PM me and we can go over things that you would like to talk about.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not on GT you haven't. Unless you've been using a different name?

WE (you and I) have never spoken before have we?

Take a look at my active threads in this section.

If that doesn't help PM me and we can go over things that you would like to talk about.

Forgive me...
I used to be more active on the old heathen General Apologetics board.
At the time it disappeared into the "abyss" by the powers that be on CF, I had more than half my posts on it :sorry: :)

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

This might help you.

2 Peter 3 said:
Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

2 Peter 1 said:
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

We = "Apostolic Authority" that was charged by God to go and 'teach' all nations...
...Not everyone gets to be a Bishop, however I understand why you would need to push the interpretation that way.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This might help you.

We = "Apostolic Authority" that was charged by God to go and 'teach' all nations...
...Not everyone gets to be a Bishop, however I understand why you would need to push the interpretation that way.

:thumbsup: Ih8s8n can add me to his list along with Pythons and OrthodoxyUSA. I don't believe my readings of Scripture trump the teachings of the Apostolic Church either. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Ih8s8n

Dec 24, 2005
✟1,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pythons said:
This might help you.

Pythons: It helped me to laugh (I'll tell you why in a moment). Is that what you were after?

Originally Posted by 2 Peter 3, 15
Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
And? What does Paul's writings about the Lord's patience have to do with anything that we were discussing? Nothing? That's what I thought. Oh, I get it...YOU twisted a scripture (rather ironic, don't you think?) in order to imply that I'm ignorant and unstable. How sweet of you. Next time, try to address what's actually been asked of you, okay? You know, some of those "secret teachings" that you're privileged to that I've been waiting for. What's the big secret, anyway? I thought that Jesus told us to "preach from the housetops" those things that we "hear in the ear"? What's the matter? Can't find a housetop? Anyhow, personally, I liked your next flub even better.

Originally Posted by 2 Peter 1,19
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

You're joking, right? Peter had just finished explaining how he had heard God's voice out of heaven when he was on the Mount of Transfiguration with Jesus. As "sure" of a testimony as that might be, he said that WE, AS IN EVERYONE (forget your pipe-dream of Apostolic Authority"), have a more sure word of prophecy. In other words, WE ALL have access to what the Old Testament prophets prophesied concerning Christ and we need not hear any voice from heaven to confirm Who Christ is. Care to try again?

Now I want to be a "Bishop"? Where did you get that from? Don't tell me...let me guess...the entrails of an owl? Well, it's been fun, but, if you don't mind, or even if you do, I'll wait to see if Lisa*Lisa responds to my post or not. Afterall, it's her seemingly genuine desire to worship God in spirit and truth that prompted me to respond on this thread in the first place.

Take care.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you want the short version on what the Apostolic Churches teach concerning the Lord's second coming...

2Pe 3:10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

Ih8s8n

Dec 24, 2005
✟1,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OrthodoxyUSA said:
If you want the short version on what the Apostolic Churches teach concerning the Lord's second coming...

2Pe 3:10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

OrthodoxyUSA: And? This is precisely what I believe as well, as it is the plain teaching OF SCRIPTURE, both Old Testament and New Testament. So? Where is the "secret Apostolic teaching" that preceded this and that is in contrast to this? Afterall, that's what you've been implying that you have, isn't it?

Anyhow, I've got to get up at 1:30 a.m. for work, so I need to grab some quick dinner and head off to bed.

Good night.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
(forget your pipe-dream of Apostolic Authority"),

Been there. Done that. Was something between a jaded agnostic and an atheist.

Now I want to be a "Bishop"? Where did you get that from? Don't tell me...let me guess...the entrails of an owl?

Mockery is rather infantile.

And concluding your post with some Christianese pleasantry doesn't obviate the venom literally a few lines earlier.

Upvote 0