Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know its been said, many times many ways, Merry Christmas, I'll say it today! I just love Christmas, even if there's no snow here, I'll take the sunshine to freezing cold weather any day.! I love that sweet little baby born to Mary and Joseph, laid in a manger in a stable so many years ago. I came across a painting called "Homage' that showed Santa Claus kneeling before baby Jesus in the manger, his hat in his hands. I like the idea of Santa Claus worshipping baby Jesus.

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I LOVE CHRISTMAS It is my Favorite time of the year, and Advent / Christmas is my favorite liturgical season.

While we have all the secular trimmings on display, It is Always been a Spiritual Holiday for me, a very personal and private time of Quiet reflection on the Coming of Christ, which culminates with the Celebration of Christ's birth at the Nativity.

My son asked me if I was really going to two church services Sunday morning on Christmas Eve, and I told him that I have so many people at one that I want to see (plus to take a gift basket to the Reverend) and I want to attend an Advent service at the Episcopal church SO I have to juggle two services on Sunday Morning to be able to attend both churches on the same morning. Usually I just go to one or the other.

But Christmas is a CELEBRATION of Jesus' birth , the revealing of God to Humanity.....and celebrate we do.

SO I say to You as well.... MERRY CHRISTMAS !

Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was raised southern baptist so I am not used to advent, formal stuff. I am not a faithful church goer I just recently started going back to church after a few years absence from church. I let political reasons keep me from church, and I cannot drive a motor vehicle. I like Christmas but mine has not been going so well. My sister usually ruins Christmas. We have not been able to put up a tree or decorate.

Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was raised southern baptist so I am not used to advent, formal stuff. I am not a faithful church goer I just recently started going back to church after a few years absence from church. I let political reasons keep me from church, and I cannot drive a motor vehicle. I like Christmas but mine has not been going so well. My sister usually ruins Christmas. We have not been able to put up a tree or decorate.
Sorry to hear that. I had to cut off a few people who were always ruining Christmas for me. Just remember that Christmas is a spiritual experience, and is what YOU choose to make of it. No one can take away that still, small voice of God within.....Christmas is not so much about materialism, but about Revelation, God Revealing Himself to the world.

Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
my sister lives in an assisted living facility. She is mentally ill, there are not any genuine mental hospitals/institutions left, they are spread out. We have to drive out of the way to see her. My parents drive, I still live with them. I have some mental problems myself, not as bad as my sister's. SHe does not appreciate Mom's gifts she claims our parents and I are not related to her. She denies we are family. That is because of her mental illness.

Upvote 0