Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
please keep my stepdaughter in your prayers. Her name is Des. She is currently living with her mother who is now on marriage number five, and has a six-month-old baby in the hospital who was born at 24 weeks and has never been able to come home, and does not sound like he will be coming home anytime soon. Des has implicated to her therapist that she is suicidal if she would find the cause, and has also been cutting herself. Please pray for her salvation and to find peace in all of this. And also pray for her mother who is going through a tough time with her new son and now her daughter.

Linehogs

Oct 29, 2014
✟7,713.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a tough situation. I pray for you and your step daughter. I am a step father as well. My step daughter is 13 years old. But I've raised her since she was 4 and I'm basically her father. We have an excellent relationship etc. However I had a beast of a step mother growing up. She hated me with a passion. And my teenage years were like a prison. I felt trapped. I often thought of suicide. It's not easy.

If you don't have the kind of relationship with her that I have with mine. Then you have to have another kind. First of all.... she's a teenager. Teenagers are young adults. They have the body and will of an adult. She probably has a desire for independence like an adult. But they often think like children. They live in a childrens world with school etc. It's a tough time in life. You have to be a rock. You have to be steady and unchanging. Because she probably changes like the weather lol. If she hates you.... let her.... don't hate back. If she wants to be mean to you.... don't accept it... but certainly don't return it. Teenage girls are tough to deal with. Especially if her life is such a catastrophe. She sounds like she needs her father. And I hate to say it.... but she probably needs him to herself sometimes. If you can find ways to make that happen maybe he can help her. I don't know what you're relationship is etc. So I don't know if you can help. But I know that suicidal thoughts are serious. I came close.... very close... and I'm thankful that I did not do it. But lots of people do. Lots pull the trigger or slice the wrist. It cannot be ignored.

Maybe the girl could come live with you? Maybe you could provide a more stable environment. Obviously this would mean a lot of sacrifices on your part and it would certainly put a dent in your marriage. Make no mistake. If you are not close to her.... it will put one hell of a dent in your marriage. But..... if you truly desire to help the girl then you need to be involved.

I'm a spirit filled Christian. I've seen god work. And in my experience god most often works through people. You can be that person. I will pray for your guidance, your patience, and your strength. And remember.... that whatever happens.... however difficult it becomes.... one day that teenage girl will be a woman and she'll see things as a woman. If you are good to her she will remember it. She will respect it. And she's still young enough that you could be an example to her. You could be an example of what a woman should be. And later in life.... maybe she'll want to be the same. Also... in a parents pursuit of being an example to their children.... they often improve themselves lol. Like I said.... lots of patience. Lots of getting hit and not hitting back. And the worst thing you could do is create a war between you that catches your husband in the middle. That's very common. So.... good luck and god bless.

But please find a way to help this girl. Suicide is a mistake people don't get to make twice. And it happens. I've seen it happen. Don't make that mistake. Take this seriously and try to help anyway you can.

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Prayers for both. A very tough predicament here.
Offering an ear to listen to all she's ready to say to you, and being there with no judgment, is one of the best ways to help. Would she be interested in joining CF? There is a young adult section, and there are many of us who are here to help with words of encouragement.

Hugs x

Upvote 0

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

prayer20_zpsbslomast.jpg

Praying for her!

Lord have mercy!

Upvote 0

suzeequeue

redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
Oct 5, 2006
U.S. Midwest
✟15,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
praying for the Lord Jesus to call this precious girl to Himself. may she know and love you, Lord. thank you, in your holy name, Jesus. amen.

also lifting you and the rest of your family, Mia, and your stepdaughter's mom. may He have His good and perfect way in your lives.

Upvote 0