Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Been getting to know this woman, and although she's been on a few dates in her life and in her 40s, she said though she met these men in her church, that they don't "Jump" for Jesus the way she does. I think she may be the "rolling in the aisle" type of you catch my drift, and if a man doesn't get caught up in the same energy/hype/theatrics as her, it's a dealbreaker.

For example, she uses a lot of....vernacular, that some getting to know you kind of questions are answered in a Christian vernacular.

I had asked her if her husband was her first true love, and she responded with, "Well, Jesus is MY first true love!" And I'm like well, of course...but..." and steered the conversation back to the original question.

Not sure the dialogue with her is normal.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
God is your first true love, she's not wrong there

Yes but I think "wriggling in the aisle floor" consciously or subconsciously as the woman in the OP isn't the only way to prove our undying love to Jesus.

Just because King David did something like it means everyone should do it. On the other hand, Jesus said we should make our righteous deeds secret. The disciples didn't even do anything like what King David did. Apostle Peter was probably the most "extremist" follower of Jesus yet, Peter wasn't the favorite.

Whenever I saw Jesus in dreams, we talked like regular people but because I kept being cautious. I don't let down my guard with the possibility I'm talking to an evil spirit pretending to be Jesus. I kept trying to discern what he's saying if they were righteous, not conceited.

I keep this "firewall" up and don't just let any spirit "enter" me. False teachings and false spirits are widespread even in the churches. We shouldn't just willingly entertain any spirit that's trying to take possession. The spirit has to prove itself worthy. Ofc, how would anyone know if false teachings is all they ever knew?

• Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's an example.
She asked me what's my favorite Christian radio station.

I said I have none I listen to and just listen to regular radio .
Mostly classic rock.

She said she's always on the same Christian station all the time.

Not that I have anything against it, but...wouldn't it be nice if she's diverse?

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟211.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Here's an example.

Mostly classic rock.

Not that I have anything against it, but...wouldn't it be nice if she's diverse?
She loves God and loves Christian radio. Why are you complaining on a Christian website about a date with a Christian woman who's interested in and loves Christ? What are you doing? Why are you doing it?

These issues you have with her are not issues, they're blessings. If you are truly seeking a partner and one who is rooted deeply in Christ, then all that you have said about this woman is that she so far fits the bill. Please my friend for your own sake and anyone else whom you date re-assess what it is you're actually looking for in a partner; both what's important to you and why it's important to you.

God loves you and He loves her so please stop talking about her on a public forum as if there is something wrong with her. Especially when all that you've shared is that she absolutely loves God with all of her heart. God bless :heart:.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Here's an example.

Mostly classic rock.

That I would say has more to do with how she engages with music. Plenty of people are happy to stick to one radio station because it fulfils their musical needs. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that and they shouldn't be criticised for doing so. But if wanting someone who has an active interest in music is important to you then someone like that wouldn't be a good fit.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She loves God and loves Christian radio. Why are you complaining on a Christian website about a date with a Christian woman who's interested in and loves Christ? What are you doing? Why are you doing it?

These issues you have with her are not issues, they're blessings. If you are truly seeking a partner and one who is rooted deeply in Christ, then all that you have said about this woman is that she so far fits the bill. Please my friend for your own sake and anyone else whom you date re-assess what it is you're actually looking for in a partner; both what's important to you and why it's important to you.

God loves you and He loves her so please stop talking about her on a public forum as if there is something wrong with her. Especially when all that you've shared is that she absolutely loves God with all of her heart. God bless :heart:.

I don't think there's anything wrong with her, necessarily. When I mentioned my interests in secular music, she said she does also like the same. So I dunno. *shrug* lol

But let's just say I partake in certain interests that some Christians wouldn't be on board with, say...Halloween for instance. Some Christians find it a demonic holiday, others find it harmless.

But the point is, I may feel like I may be judged for liking what some Christians consider secular music, or take an active part in holidays they wouldn't approve of...and it could be a dealbreaker for them.But I dont want tthat to be a dealbreaker for them.

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟211.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't think there's anything wrong with her, necessarily. When I mentioned my interests in secular music, she said she does also like the same. So I dunno. *shrug* lol

But let's just say I partake in certain interests that some Christians wouldn't be on board with, say...Halloween for instance. Some Christians find it a demonic holiday, others find it harmless.

But the point is, I may feel like I may be judged for liking what some Christians consider secular music, or take an active part in holidays they wouldn't approve of...and it could be a dealbreaker for them.But I dont want tthat to be a dealbreaker for them.
If you don't think there's anything wrong with her what's the go with the title? and what's the go with the objections in the OP? It sounds like from what you've mentioned that this woman is a Christian who just loves God with all of her heart. This whole thread and the reason for it just feels off.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here's an example.

Mostly classic rock.

I listen to almost all Christian music. Seems like most other music is about romantic love which I don't find helpful. Christian music is uplifting & good for the soul. Ask her if she listens to podcasts or talk shows.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Been getting to know this woman, and although she's been on a few dates in her life and in her 40s, she said though she met these men in her church, that they don't "Jump" for Jesus the way she does. I think she may be the "rolling in the aisle" type of you catch my drift, and if a man doesn't get caught up in the same energy/hype/theatrics as her, it's a dealbreaker.
I'm guessing that she hasn't been walking with Jesus for more than a few years. I've had "that" kind of worship but I know that not everyone responds the same way, and that's not a bad thing.
Here's an example.

Mostly classic rock.

In her defense, one could say the same thing about someone who is always on the same of any kind of station - country, rock, r&b, whatever.

Perhaps that's something you should respectfully talk about. You don't know if you're being judged until it's out there. Personally, I wish that no women in the church would consider anything that I have going on a deal breaker, but that's not reality.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I wish that no women in the church would consider anything that I have going on a deal breaker, but that's not reality.
Yeah, I knew a woman that after church, theyd' have a dinner gathering and she always had a policy that she'd never date a man who drank alcohol. I mean not even an occasional beer. She had a major crush on this singer at church, they were gathered at dinner, and she saw him order a beer....she said it was a deal breaker.

Fast forward a couple of years later, they are married *Shrug* go figure.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps that's something you should respectfully talk about. You don't know if you're being judged until it's out there. Personally, I wish that no women in the church would consider anything that I have going on a deal breaker, but that's not reality.
What is it you have going on that you think that'd be a dealbreaker for them? Could they be missing out on a good thing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes but I think "wriggling in the aisle floor" consciously or subconsciously as the woman in the OP isn't the only way to prove our undying love to Jesus.

Just because King David did something like it means everyone should do it. On the other hand, Jesus said we should make our righteous deeds secret. The disciples didn't even do anything like what King David did. Apostle Peter was probably the most "extremist" follower of Jesus yet, Peter wasn't the favorite.

Whenever I saw Jesus in dreams, we talked like regular people but because I kept being cautious. I don't let down my guard with the possibility I'm talking to an evil spirit pretending to be Jesus. I kept trying to discern what he's saying if they were righteous, not conceited.

I keep this "firewall" up and don't just let any spirit "enter" me. False teachings and false spirits are widespread even in the churches. We shouldn't just willingly entertain any spirit that's trying to take possession. The spirit has to prove itself worthy. Ofc, how would anyone know if false teachings is all they ever knew?
There's a lot of counterfeit manifestations masquerading as the Holy Spirit. There is nothing new about this and Jesus warned us that they would come. I came across this a lot in the 1990's, the so-called Toronto Blessing. It is in fact a curse and a blight on the church. Avoid it like the plague.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We'll see. We haven't even been on a first date yet. We've been chatting and talking on the phone a lot.
How can someone not know if they're compataible chatting on the phone a lot. That's crazy to me.

Upvote 0