Aug 13, 2004
South Texas
Visit site
✟10,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm 35 weeks pregnant with baby #3 and figuring I'll have virtually no time right after baby is born I want to start cooking and freezing some meals now to make life easier later. So please share your recipes that freeze and reheat well. Thanks!

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,857.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Many Curries freeze very well. I use the basic recipe on the jar of curry paste I get at a local Indian store (English company it turns out). Basically it is just brown onions, add in cut up meat (I use chicken), Brown then add curry paste cook 1 minute more and then add tomato and water. From there I diverge from the recipe and throw a couple of pans full into a crock pot and leave a few hours then let cool and once cool enough freeze in sandwitch bags. I'm doing the cook for one thing. I then put bags in larger freezer bags. That part is very nice. Unlike many dishes that usually are frozen in a dish, which limits how many of them you can do.

When it comes time to serve just reheat and also cook some rice. It is pretty much a real meal.

Upvote 0

AnyaMa

Lady in Waiting
Apr 10, 2008
The Big Comfy Couch
✟8,274.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When I was pregnant with my last, I went on a huge OAMC spree! I would like to start it again, I just kinda forgot about it ;P Anyway here are a few recipes for ya -

Pulled BBQ Sandwiches
(This one is super easy!)
Mix a bottle of BBQ sauce with about 4 bone/skinless chicken breasts and cook on low in a crockpot for 6-8 hours or until soft enough to pull apart. Shred the meat and mix back in with bbq sauce. Serve on hamburger buns. (Goes great with corn on the cob and baked beans!) Let cool and freeze. Just reheat and serve!

Here is a link to a couple good ones and she explains how she does it, too!
http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=39572

Also some easy ones are meatloaf, meatball subs, and chili.

Upvote 0