Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg was interviewed by the New York Times this week. His comments about heaven at the end of the interview are attracting some attention. In reading them, I can only hope he isn't serious. If so, I really feel sad for him. Here's what he said:

Mr. Bloomberg was introspective as he spoke, and seemed both restless and wistful. When he sat down for the interview, it was a few days before his 50th college reunion. His mortality has started dawning on him, at 72. And he admitted he was a bit taken aback by how many of his former classmates had been appearing in the "in memoriam" pages of his school newsletter.

But if he senses that he may not have as much time left as he would like, he has little doubt about what would await him at a Judgment Day. Pointing to his work on gun safety, obesity and smoking cessation, he said with a grin: "I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close."

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is true. It's up to God, and he has made his truth well known in his word. The fact that I state God's truth in no way brings it into the realm of being my decision.
That's good enough for you but what makes you think that Blooomberg is not speaking God's truth that was made known to him?

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That's good enough for you but what makes you think that Blooomberg is not speaking God's truth that was made known to him?

God does not change, God does not lie. God would not lay out his truth in his word and then reveal a very different truth to Mr. Bloomberg. If one thinks they are having a truth revealed to them by God the very first thing they need to do is see how that compares to God's word. That single step can help to eliminate much error.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
God does not change, God does not lie. God would not lay out his truth in his word and then reveal a very different truth to Mr. Bloomberg. If one thinks they are having a truth revealed to them by God the very first thing they need to do is see how that compares to God's word. That single step can help to eliminate much error.
Looks like you're back to making decisions for God now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.