Mayo-phobia, Why do some people hate mayonnaise so much?

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Might as well eat Crisco out of the can as eat mayonnaise they taste fairly similar are about as healthy for you and if one prefers excruciatingly bland wouldn't any excruciatingly bland do just as well? Miracle whip at least has something to flavor it and as a previous poster said give it some tang so you can tell you are eating something edible even if it still has the same texture of warmed, blended, overripe suet that mayonnaise and Crisco possess.
But then again you can always add sugar to your Crisco and have Cool Whip.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Standing_Ultraviolet

Dunkleosteus
Jul 29, 2010
North Carolina
✟4,331.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ahhhh Slate.com... the best click bait on the planet.

When someone posts a Bad Astronomy link, I just can't not click.

At any rate, I hate mayonnaise because it's a terrible thing and that should be self-evident. Seriously, what's going on with that?

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Egg whites, oil,salt.
That's it.

Is this really a news item?

Maybe because in the US it is more commonly this: Water, Soybean Oil, Vinegar, Whole Eggs and Egg Yolks, Modified Cornstarch, Sugar, Salt, Lemon Juice, (Sorbic Acid, Calcium Disodium EDTA) used to protect quality, Xanthan Gum, Phosphoric Acid, Citric Acid, Dl-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Natural Flavor and Artificial Flavors (Soy), Betacarotene (for Color), Phytonadione (Vitamin K), Paprika Oleoresin.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Mayo is awesome. If you don't like it, I can at least understand. But if you prefer Miracle Whip, which is imitation mayo...then you just ain't civilized.

My best friend and I have had nuclear arguments over this one. His comments on mayo aren't even fit to print.
:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Standing_Ultraviolet

Dunkleosteus
Jul 29, 2010
North Carolina
✟4,331.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Mayo is awesome. If you don't like it, I can at least understand. But if you prefer Miracle Whip, which is imitation mayo...then you just ain't civilized.

My best friend and I have had nuclear arguments over this one. His comments on mayo aren't even fit to print.
:)

My comments on mayo aren't even possible to print. According to the legends of the ancients, if you were to print them and then read them backward, you would summon the Blood Gods of the Forgotten Moon to come up to the world of the living and consume them all.

Upvote 0

metherion

Veteran
Aug 14, 2006
✟13,623.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My comments on mayo aren't even possible to print. According to the legends of the ancients, if you were to print them and then read them backward, you would summon the Blood Gods of the Forgotten Moon to come up to the world of the living and consume them all.

The question is, since you're writing them BACKWARDS, would that mean the Blood Gods of the Forgotten Moon would consume the living… AFTER SLATHERING THE LIVING IN MAYO?!

Food for thought…

For the record, I don't like the way mayo tastes, nor does I like Miracle whip. It's probably the oil, as I don't like vinegar and oil on salads, but I like vinegar on/in other things.

Metherion

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The question is, since you're writing them BACKWARDS, would that mean the Blood Gods of the Forgotten Moon would consume the living… AFTER SLATHERING THE LIVING IN MAYO?!

Food for thought…

For the record, I don't like the way mayo tastes, nor does I like Miracle whip. It's probably the oil, as I don't like vinegar and oil on salads, but I like vinegar on/in other things.

Metherion

I believe the only way to save oneself from these monsters would be to slather oneself in Mayo as it would be the only way to make oneself unpalatable enough to them that they avoided eating you.

Upvote 0

Standing_Ultraviolet

Dunkleosteus
Jul 29, 2010
North Carolina
✟4,331.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe the only way to save oneself from these monsters would be to slather oneself in Mayo as it would be the only way to make oneself unpalatable enough to them that they avoided eating you.

Nope. There is no hope when the Blood Gods of the Forgotten Moon are risen. They like mayo, and much like street cleaners, they hunt by heat and motion. The best way to avoid them is to be dead already.

Upvote 0