Visit site
✟87,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, the past few weeks have left some people that post here hurt or feeling unsafe. So things have changed. .... its sad and frustrating as we had built a very safe place where quite a few people found others who cared and accepted them. This site had been that was for at least 2 yrs maybe 3 yrs and then a few things changed it and they didn't feel safe any more.

I pray healing comes.
Amen.

School's out this past week and next and I thought that I could catch up on CF but I was surprised to see how quiet it was in this little area.

But God willing, healing will definitely come over time. :hug:

Upvote 0

mjmcmillan

Sep 27, 2009
Out there. Thataway.
✟5,089.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Amen.

School's out this past week and next and I thought that I could catch up on CF but I was surprised to see how quiet it was in this little area.

But God willing, healing will definitely come over time. :hug:

That could be awhile.

Speaking personally, I haven't felt it was "safe" for quite some time, and these last episodes on this sub-forum are unlike anything I've ever seen before. Personally, I learned NOT to trust here, and certainly under no circumstances to speak freely here.

It's a shame when it get to the point where only those "name the colors of the rainbow in alphabetic order" games are the only safe places to post in this kind of forum. Healing could take a long time.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So this weekend I'm off to visit my parents. Turns out my sister and BIL will also be getting here later today. But the sister who is local is away to Nevada with her family as they can't do much work till the woods dry out. But good to see my parents for sure. My mom has Marco degeneration that has progressed to the point that she doesn't see much detail any more.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So this weekend I'm off to visit my parents. Turns out my sister and BIL will also be getting here later today.......................

Its always great getting together with the Family after a long time being apart. [Staff Deletion]

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That could be awhile.

Speaking personally, I haven't felt it was "safe" for quite some time, and these last episodes on this sub-forum are unlike anything I've ever seen before. Personally, I learned NOT to trust here, and certainly under no circumstances to speak freely here.

It's a shame when it get to the point where only those "name the colors of the rainbow in alphabetic order" games are the only safe places to post in this kind of forum. Healing could take a long time.

Okay...so it wasn't my imagination. It had the weirdest vibe so I just backed on up and tipped on out lol. I was like, "what did I walk into?"....

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Wow...
I see CF is up to the usual ...
I keep hoping it will change and be a place of positive friendships and fellowship of like minds that it once was...

Alas - from the Pagan that peeks in now and again ...
Hang in there!
:hug:

Gwenyfur! I was wondering if you were ever going to peek your head in here again! Good to see you. Sorry to say we've had some "events" happen while you've been away. The ol' place just ain't what she used to be! :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That could be awhile.

I hear you. :hug:

For the time that I've been a member on here I admit I've had occasions when I've felt like that.

On all social media though I've more recently tended to be very cautious about what I share (once bitten twice shy comes to mind).

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, Randoman, mature singles just 6 months ago was the best message board I'd ever been apart of and I've been chatting since the late 80's. But a couple of things happened and it didn't feel right to a lot of the regulars here and they ended up being hurt and feeling unsafe. I've seen this happen quiet a few times over the years. Its never good. Its hard to bring back the healthy communication on a board after people are hurt that badly. I really pray it can come back here because this was a very healthy place for 5 yrs with a lot of great healthy respectful posts.

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Gwenyfur! I was wondering if you were ever going to peek your head in here again! Good to see you. Sorry to say we've had some "events" happen while you've been away. The ol' place just ain't what she used to be! :cool:

Yeah, it happens, even in the best of boards... :hug:
I've been away but not been idle.
Found another job, released another book, the usual...
I've also been volunteering at the local VA as their pagan chaplain, so have been busy there as well.

Good to peek in - but very sorry that people have been being hurt.

Well, Randoman, mature singles just 6 months ago was the best message board I'd ever been apart of and I've been chatting since the late 80's. But a couple of things happened and it didn't feel right to a lot of the regulars here and they ended up being hurt and feeling unsafe. I've seen this happen quiet a few times over the years. Its never good. Its hard to bring back the healthy communication on a board after people are hurt that badly. I really pray it can come back here because this was a very healthy place for 5 yrs with a lot of great healthy respectful posts.

As with all things, it can be cyclical - the form will bounce back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, it happens, even in the best of boards... :hug:
I've been away but not been idle.
Found another job, released another book, the usual...
I've also been volunteering at the local VA as their pagan chaplain, so have been busy there as well.

Good to peek in - but very sorry that people have been being hurt.

As with all things, it can be cyclical - the form will bounce back.

Well it's good to "see" you peeking in again! :wave:

Upvote 0