Matt Redman, Tim Hughs, Paul Oakley, Martin Smith...

TheTempleTeam

Summer Of Love!
Apr 22, 2004
Aberdeen University, Scotland
✟17,358.00
Faith
Christian
Just out of interest, are these worship leaders and writers well known outside of the UK? I think they have helped write some of the most beautiful songs ever written, including 'Blessed Be Your Name' (Redman), 'Light Of The World' (Hughs) and 'Did You Feel The Mountains Tremble' (Smith).

I've been led in worship by a lot of these guys at Soul Survivor, God really works through these guys, was just wondering if their songs are known outside the UK.

Tini

Live in God's Community
Aug 21, 2002
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Visit site
✟28,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey - We going to see Matt Redman on Wednesday evening. He's here in South Africa. He's going to be leading worship / giving a concert / sharing with us at our old church. We're at a smaller church plant a few suburbs away now.

Upvote 0

HoT-MetaL

Yahweh Warrior
Nov 29, 2003
Kent
Visit site
✟18,614.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Conservative
onfire4Jesus said:
Yeah, I've heard of some of those people. I love the song "Blessed Be Your Name". The lyrics are awesome! It's cool that so many people from around the world have heard of them! :clap:
"Every blessing you pour out, ill turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say... blessed be the name of the lord..."

These lyrics are how life should be. This song means so much to me :)

God Bless, metal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingWorship

My soul dances in freedom, my heart forever sings
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟10,237.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I actually really love Paul Oakley's JESUS LOVER OF MY SOUL, made famous by Passion on OneDay 2000. Awesome song, we recently played this one live in an outdoor concert on Easter Saturday in the suburbs of Sydney.

These guys' songs are played a lot in our church, particularly Heart of Worship, Once Again, Shout to the North, I Could Sing of Your Love Forever, Thank You for Saving Me and the song still sweeping the world, Here I Am to Worship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LivingWorship

My soul dances in freedom, my heart forever sings
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟10,237.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Serious?! Man it's still big here.. then again maybe it's just our church. I just love it because it's contrasting the humble and broken man with the high, Mighty, majestic God. In our church it would probably have taken a bit of a back seat except for the fact that our congregation is a very broad spectrum of old and young but mostly old, problem being that we need to cater for them by not flooding the place with new music. Shame because there is good stuff out there!

Upvote 0
G

Gooney1

It is big, but you have to understand in England and most of the Uk most churches sing nothin but the new soul survivor tracks as soon as they come out. We use them up in terms of playing them loads!

So this and stuff like beautiful one were sung every week after soul survivor August 2002, until january 2002!

My church also has like 6 worship leaders so they change what songs we sing pretty much every week!

Upvote 0

TheTempleTeam

Summer Of Love!
Apr 22, 2004
Aberdeen University, Scotland
✟17,358.00
Faith
Christian
Not enough churches play SS stuff up here actually. It's been really hard to get anyone to accept them, it's really frustrating. We're still singing the happy-clappy songs of the 90s :S Some may like them, but I cringe. Worship isn't about us, but it's about giving as much to God as we can through our worship, and songs that we enjoy, and are comfortable with help us give as much as we can.

Reactions: HoT-MetaL
Upvote 0