Sylacauga, Alabama
✟26,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I find it interesting that Matt. and Chris Tomlin write music together. it appears they are going Ecumenical. Catholics and Christians have different views of the bible. Matt. Redman is seen bowing on his knees to the Pope. He professes to be Catholic to.

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it interesting that Matt. and Chris Tomlin write music together. it appears they are going Ecumenical. Catholics and Christians have different views of the bible. Matt. Redman is seen bowing on his knees to the Pope. He professes to be Catholic to.
interesting.

I am not familiar with Matt Maher, but I like Chris Tomin's music quite a bit

I am Evangelical (EFCA) but I wouldn't have an issue with the guys making music together, as long as it didn't stray into some crazy doctrinal controversy

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
interesting.

I am not familiar with Matt Maher, but I like Chris Tomin's music quite a bit

I am Evangelical (EFCA) but I wouldn't have an issue with the guys making music together, as long as it didn't stray into some crazy doctrinal controversy

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
All of the above is wrong, Catholics are Christians and all Christians must be respected here
Old hatreds endure. All of the above IS wrong but it will be repeated for years to come, taught to children, and perpetuated for generations. It's just the way it is.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Old hatreds endure. All of the above IS wrong but it will be repeated for years to come, taught to children, and perpetuated for generations. It's just the way it is.
God will have the final say

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Christians and RCC/EOC have very different foundations.
One is scriptural.​
The other is of man. Actually created by Ceasar. Who went to far appointing one Bishop over all Bishops, even more powerful Bishops.​
The fact is the Catholic Church, in a process that spanned centuries, chose the 73 books of the Bible. Saint Athanasius gave us all the first list of New Testament books in 367 A.D. in the same order that Catholics formally adopted in the late 300s (and Protestants over a thousand years later), the same NT canon we use today. No Catholic Church--no Bible. The Catholic mass is heavily based upon Holy Scripture.

Reactions: RileyG

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's this easy.

If one believes that scripture is true in that faith alone in Christ is sufficient for salvation, that receiving Jesus Christ as Savior, by grace through faith, grants salvation (John 1:12; 3:16,18,36; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9-10,13; Ephesians 2:8-9).
That is Christianity.

If one believes that a person must believe in Jesus Christ And be baptized And receive the Eucharist along with the other sacraments And obey the decrees of the church And perform meritorious works And not die with any mortal sins And etc...
Then that is a different belief.

Peace and Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's this easy.

If one believes that scripture is true in that faith alone in Christ is sufficient for salvation, that receiving Jesus Christ as Savior, by grace through faith, grants salvation (John 1:12; 3:16,18,36; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9-10,13; Ephesians 2:8-9).
That is Christianity.

If one believes that a person must believe in Jesus Christ And be baptized And receive the Eucharist along with the other sacraments And obey the decrees of the church And perform meritorious works And not die with any mortal sins And etc...
Then that is a different belief.

Peace and Blessings
Holy Scripture is true and is a wonderful tool to showing us the way to Jesus. But as Catholics developing that personal relationship with Jesus through prayer and the other avenues Jesus gave us are of great importance. We do share love of Holy Scripture with our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Upvote 0