• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Masturbation and gay inappropriate content thoughts?

K

kev86

Well,im 22,and i've struggled with homosexual thoughts for years,and recently I just got an accountability partner. He is helping me with my inappropriate content struggle and masturbation. Since then i've masturbated twice in 2 weeks which is good for me,was like every day or every other day before. Today it has sucked not giving in. I can live without inappropriate content,but my body is craving it bad. Any pointers?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: wud11

apologia25

May 31, 2005
Uganda
✟15,324.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, it awesome that you've made it this far. As an encouragement leaving behind this sin is a lot like other addictions. As you go longer you your body adjusts. Another tip Is realizing that you don't have to give in. You've trained your body to expect certain things. The enemy uses this and lies to you. When you feel tempted and you have an opportunity go and be active. Do something until you're tired

Upvote 0

Sharon10

Feb 25, 2012
✟15,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well,im 22,and i've struggled with homosexual thoughts for years,and recently I just got an accountability partner. He is helping me with my inappropriate content struggle and masturbation. Since then i've masturbated twice in 2 weeks which is good for me,was like every day or every other day before. Today it has sucked not giving in. I can live without inappropriate content,but my body is craving it bad. Any pointers?

thanks

Brother, you are fighting this sin in your own strength. You need the power of the Holy Spirit to set you free. Jesus has already won the victory for you at Calvary. Seek God earnestly. Only Jesus can set you free. If the Son therefore shall set you free, you shall be free indeed.
I battled this sin for 8 miserable years and lost all hope, so I decided to leave Chrisitianity. But Jesus did not let go of me, that very day when I reached a zero state in my life, when I lost all confidence in my own strength, our Lord Jesus Christ intervened in my life and totally set me free. Jesus led me to Setting Captives Free online ministry, and I took up the 60 day interactive Way of Purity course. They assigned a mentor to me who used to guide and counsel me. This course is free to join.
When the Holy Spirit comes into your life, it will not be difficult to overcome sin, because Jesus will give you the grace to be an overcomer.

Setting Captives Free also have an online course for homosexuality - Door of Hope.

Please write to me if you need any help. I am here to help other Christians.

Sharon

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2005
somerset
✟253.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

thanks

Patience. Having patience is tough, but believe in God, pray and through that you will find strength. Don't worry, none of us are perfect, we all take a step into sin, it's knowing that no matter what we do, as long as we accept our mistakes and love god and ask for forgiveness, we will find strength once more.

Upvote 0

RichardKeith

Nov 2, 2012
✟15,133.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully you are recognizing a deeper issue which neither inappropriate content or masterbating can meet. A great 1st step form me was the recognition that I am powerless to control as long as I am engaging the struggle in my own strength. The recognition of my higher power (Jesus Christ) awaits my invitation to welcome HIS STRENGTH to be released in my weakness.
Beyond this... be open to the thought that you are struggling with idenity issues as a young man, and that is something your faith in Christ can open the way for answeres that work. I recomment you grab a copy of Reparative Therapy of Male Sexuality. Amazon has a few reasonably priced copies.
Here for you bro
RichardKeith

Upvote 0