Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
kimberli33 said:
The bible clearly states
Know ye not that you are the temple of God,and that the Spirit of God dwells in you.
Therefore are bodies are not our own to do with as we please but Gods and we should do our best not to defile that temple.

So matrubation is defiling your body? Why?

Upvote 0

Anwar

Apr 6, 2005
St.Petersburg
✟668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
kimberli33 said:
The bible clearly states
Know ye not that you are the temple of God,and that the Spirit of God dwells in you.
Therefore are bodies are not our own to do with as we please but Gods and we should do our best not to defile that temple.

Thanks you Kim.....for supporting those who believe its a sin

Upvote 0

kimberli33

Keeper of hearts
Mar 31, 2005
Guess
✟738.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mhatten said:
So matrubation is defiling your body? Why?

God gave us sexual feeling true,but his purpose was for
#1 procreation(why would we want to do it if it didnt feel good)?)
#2 pleasure (but with our mates)
It wasnt meant for us to pleasure ourselves.We need to be sure to honor God by following his plan.
I know that alot of things can be debated but if you feel guilt,confusion,ect its probably a clue from the Holy spirit dwelling within you that what your doing isnt good.
I pray God brings you to this conclusion.

Upvote 0

Shizzle

Mar 19, 2005
✟8,792.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
It wasnt meant for us to pleasure ourselves.
no, but for us to pleasure our spouses, but masturbation is not sex.
but if you feel guilt,confusion,ect its probably a clue from the Holy spirit dwelling within you that what your doing isnt good.
give me any spot in the bible where it references emotion to the Holy spirit.
The bible clearly states
yes, but, why does masturbation defile that temple any more than using the toilet? Masturbation reduces the risk of getting prostate cancer
MATTHEW 5:27
27“You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’[b] 28But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart"
In neither masturbation nor fantasies are you looking upon a woman at all, besides that, i think this verse is referencing to the events such as when paul took that soldiers wife and had him killed. Edit- i meant david, not paul, sry got names confused

Upvote 0

Shizzle

Mar 19, 2005
✟8,792.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Shizzle your arguments in that post ignored questions others had asked (some very relevant ones at that).
i dont want to bother going back thru all the posts.. ok i will

You told others to only quote the bible yet you started quoting science.
i didnt want them to start posting psychological garble, sorry

You didn't have an open mind in the discussion. Maybe this is why I'm ignoring your comments here.
ive seen like every argument against masturbation/fantasies

I see sexual fantasies as a form of lust not the only definition of lust. Yes I would say that wants is another definition of lust
In the bible, lust does mean wants, only one defintion, you can see that in many verses such as deuteronomy 14:26
In modern times, the definition means sexual fantasies, its been changed with time..

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
kimberli33 said:
God gave us sexual feeling true,but his purpose was for
#1 procreation(why would we want to do it if it didnt feel good)?)
#2 pleasure (but with our mates)
It wasnt meant for us to pleasure ourselves.We need to be sure to honor God by following his plan.

What scripture has lead you to believe "it wasn't meant for us to pleasure ourselves"? Scripture to my knowledge only addresses marriage and does not cover the subject.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kimberli33

Keeper of hearts
Mar 31, 2005
Guess
✟738.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Shizzle said:
no, but for us to pleasure our spouses, but masturbation is not sex.

give me any spot in the bible where it references emotion to the Holy spirit.
yes, but, why does masturbation defile that temple any more than using the toilet? Masturbation reduces the risk of getting prostate cancer

In neither masturbation nor fantasies are you looking upon a woman at all, besides that, i think this verse is referencing to the events such as when paul took that soldiers wife and had him killed.

Do you mean David???

Upvote 0

ChrisB803

Sep 6, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Visit site
✟8,544.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
cwr89 said:
well, I in fact have wondered the exact same thing actually,

as far as fanasy, yes I have had them before too, I feel that it must be triggered by a memory of something you have seen or done.
also, I am not married, I have though how could it be a sin, you know I am not even thinking of girls or anything when I am masturbating. (well thats just a few times) I don't know for me, I guess I do it because, the devil has me gripped and is feeding me a lie, the lie that I will never have a girl to hold for my own. I am 15 and I have been rejected by every girl I have ever asked out. so thats a bummer.

I think you have rasied a good question. I don't have an answer and I don't think anyone else does eather.

~Casey

First of all I'm going to have to question how you relate not having a girl to hold with a need to touch and nurse a fantasy. Even passing over the fact that you're ONLY 15 and already lamenting rejection from girls, I'm concerned. To use that as an excuse to foster fantasies and sexual release through masturbation indicates that you view girls simply in sexual terms, not as individual people. First I would recommend that you read the book of James in the New Testament. He speaks to a lot of what we're talking about here. Sinful thoughts lead to sinful actions, and sin when it is fully grown leads to death. I'd ask God to help you to learn how to appreciate girls as individuals and people worthy of full respect.

I'm not saying this as a perfect person, instead as someone who has struggled with the same problem. I pray you find the peace you need before lust consumes you fully.

Upvote 0

kimberli33

Keeper of hearts
Mar 31, 2005
Guess
✟738.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mhatten said:
What scripture has lead you to believe "it wasn't meant for us to pleasure ourselves"? Scripture to my knowledge only addresses marriage and does not cover the subject.

We could go around on this one all day but I would say the scriptures that
We are bought with a price
Our bodies are not our own once we accept christ
We are the temple of God
We are no longer of this world neither the things in this world
I could add more

Upvote 0

Shizzle

Mar 19, 2005
✟8,792.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
We could go around on this one all day but I would say the scriptures that
We are bought with a price
Our bodies are not our own once we accept christ
We are the temple of God
We are no longer of this world neither the things in this world
I could add more

and we need to maintain our bodies to better serve god, Masturbation reduces the risk of prostate cancer and also reduces stress.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only Bible verse I have ever heard of that would even remotely condemn masturbation is the one about the sin of Onan. The only problem is that this verse is ruled out because the sin of Onan was not masturbation or even the withdrawel method of birth control. His sin was disobedience.

As far as the lust verses go, well let's take a look at the one you all are talking about. The one where it says to lust after a woman is adultery:

(English Standard Version) Matthew 5:28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

I use the English Standard Version because it is a very literal translation and so it accurately conveys the words of the original Greek. Here is the King James Version as well because I am going to use Strong's as a reference:

(King James Version) Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Alright, the key word here is adultery. It would be a fallacy to look up this word in an English dictionary because the Greek meaning of the word may be different from the English meaning of the word, especially if it is mistranslated.

[size=+1]moiceuvw [/size]Moicheuo (moy-khyoo'-o);
Word Origin: Greek, Verb, Strong #: 3431

1. to commit adultery
    1. to be an adulterer
    2. to commit adultery with, have unlawful intercourse with another's wife
    3. of the wife: to suffer adultery, be debauched
    4. A Hebrew idiom, the word is used of those who at a woman's solicitation are drawn away to idolatry, i.e. to the eating of things sacrificed to idols
As you can clearly see, we are referring to adultery here which according to the definition is to have unlawful intercourse with another's wife. Well, I hate to tell you this but masturbation is not in any way having intercourse. But the main point here is that you should not lust after someone else's wife! Why? Because it can lead to adultery. Now if you are just lusting after some random image of a woman or maybe you don't even have an image of a woman then you are not sinning.

Another thing I'd like to bring up is why does it only say that if you lust after a woman that it is adultery? Does that mean that if a woman lusts after a man that it is alright?

The answer lies in the fact that Israel was a very male dominated society. It wasn't expected of a woman to be lusting after some random man. And besides, the laws of that society were almost always directed towards men. Women were inferior to men in that society.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People will always view fantasies differently. I personally believe that in fantasies you are lusting after a woman but I accept some people don't believe that. I guess its up to the individual to decide. As long as when we have these discussions people are open minded to others views. Some people would not see lusting after the computer game version of Lara Croft as wrong because its only a computer image but that computer image is modelled on an actual person. (naturally they exaggerated certain features)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.