Massages

RoboRyan

Jul 12, 2014
✟15,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is your opinion on going for a massage? I go for a massage once a week and I have a great massage therapist. I know that some christians dont like the idea of going for massages as it could lead to sexual stuff but what is your take on this? Have you ever had one before? My theory is as long as you find a good professional therapist, then its all good. I always feel so much better after I get a massage!!

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My personal opinion on it is "meh" because I don't like being touched. But for anyone else, I don't see any reason to avoid it or anything.

My family has this thing where we massage everyone when we gather. I give back/shoulder massages to relatives but I don't receive them since my touching thing. I also give them to friends and acquaintances so I see massaging as sort of a "hello how are you doing" thing. Maybe that's weird, I dunno. It's looked upon in a positive way in my family and personal circles.

My aunt is a licensed chiropractor and gives massages and adjustments to the general public. She makes lots of people feel a lot better and helps alleviate pain from a lot of her customers. She taught me some ways to treat my wrists to relieve carpal tunnel symptoms. I think it's a very positive thing to people who are ok being touched and enjoy it.

I don't see how they could lead to anything sexual unless someone was purposefully making it sexual. Sort of the same way that someone could make food lead to sex if they wanted :p

Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟436,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I personally don't think I'd like a massage.

I don't see anything wrong with massages for Christians. Not all massage therapists are like that. If a Christian was to come across one who is, simply leave and do not return to that particular person.

Upvote 0

Waddler

Live a story worth telling well.
Jul 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
✟27,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe that if a person can maintain propriety in their thoughts and actions while receiving (or giving) a massage, it can be a fantastic stress release. I choose not to give or receive them myself, because I do not trust myself to maintain that propriety.

Upvote 0

BeautifulLove

Jun 16, 2014
USA
✟15,240.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is your opinion on going for a massage? I go for a massage once a week and I have a great massage therapist. I know that some christians dont like the idea of going for massages as it could lead to sexual stuff but what is your take on this? Have you ever had one before? My theory is as long as you find a good professional therapist, then its all good. I always feel so much better after I get a massage!!

Oh good grief! I'm sorry but anyone who says massages lead to sexual desires most likely has their own problems! There is nothing wrong with a massage. I assume even most of the inexperienced message therapists have guidelines and rules. If they didn't, they wouldn't stay in business very long. If you are uncomfortable at any moment, you can get up and leave.

Don't let other peoples dirty minds convince you otherwise of something very innocent.

Upvote 0