Mary Magdalen

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueNymph

Feb 12, 2006
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
I'm not sure if this is the wrong section for this type of post... This is my first post, so forgive me if so. :)

I was wondering about this particular person, as far as general theology and history, as far as everyone's thoughts go. There is speculation that she was a teacher and that women preaching is perfectly fine, but that suppression of women was important to others, so this trend showed up in gospel.

Of course, I'm only asking for the thoughts of others here, I'm not saying anything is wrong. :) I'm not really sure how big of a topic this is.

Eruliel

Jun 26, 2005
In Christ
Visit site
✟1,065.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Bible doesn't say she was a Prostitute. It does say that she was demon possessed, after exorcism she followed Jesus along with the few women who were part of his ministry, she was one of the first people to discover the news of his ressurection, and I also believe she was at the Cruxifiction.
I think she was a very close follower of Jesus, and loved him much like a younger sister loves and adores her older brother.
Slainte!
Eruliel

Upvote 0

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
dunkel said:
Well, I think the Church has come out and said that she wasn't really a prostitute like they originally claimed. I don't think there has been any official word on what she was, though.

The Church only said that can't be definitively proven. She had a lot of demons which meant she was probably a big sinner and Magdala was a Roman army encampment where tons of prostitutes hung out. I think she probably was, but who knows.

Inferring that she was a prostitute is not a knock on her though, it's a beautiful example that the worst sinners can become the greatest Saints through Jesus Christ :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.