Discussion Martial arts has no place in a holy Spirit filled life..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MArtial arts has no place in a holy Spirit filled life...
in the past it was discussed and few agreed .
but those that disagreed also displayed a disbelief in the ability of god to look after them .

i sometimes wonder if the reverse would be tolerated so easily .. if the world would allow the teachings of the holy Spirit filled life into the dojo . the two messages of the dojo and of the gospel are opposed . martial arts would teach that there is yin and yang equal opposites for everything .
the bible in NO way teaches any such thing . ie- satan is not gods equal opposite . not even remotely. so we see right away the the two philosophies are immediately opposed .

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,756.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Martial artists only need learn skills and methods, not philosophy and spirituality.
Good married Christian women get raped, in the US and India, so a few skills and methods gives helps not harm.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Martial artists only need learn skills and methods, not philosophy and spirituality.
Good married Christian women get raped, in the US and India, so a few skills and methods gives helps not harm.
and it's statements like that that cause them to remain ignorant of their authority in Christ-Jesus .
i wonder though .. if i came and named the thread ... "walking in the holy spirit has no place in martial arts" .. of you would run in to defend "walking in the holy Spirit " as swiftly as you run in to defend martial arts ?

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MArtial arts has no place in a holy Spirit filled life...
in the past it was discussed and few agreed .
but those that disagreed also displayed a disbelief in the ability of god to look after them .

i sometimes wonder if the reverse would be tolerated so easily .. if the world would allow the teachings of the holy Spirit filled life into the dojo . the two messages of the dojo and of the gospel are opposed . martial arts would teach that there is yin and yang equal opposites for everything .
the bible in NO way teaches any such thing . ie- satan is not gods equal opposite . not even remotely. so we see right away the the two philosophies are immediately opposed .
In my experience, when I see an absolute statement (like this one), I reflexively react to the contrary. Rarely are absolutes absolute. And this happens to be the case for martial arts. I took tae kwon do when I was younger, and it was wonderful. I got in shape, I learned some defensive protective moves, and I gained a great deal of self-confidence. Not once was philosophy discussed. As far as I was concerned it was a gym class, and I would recommend people who get bullied and/or women to get some self-defense training so long as it isn't mixed in with oriental philosophy.

Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,756.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I refer to a Christian magazine article, from the US, in which a family is photographed and there is a part African American boy in amidst the fair children, from her rape. It is an article about forgiveness... Also Shampa from India preached that there is persecution in India of lesser castes and Christians, and that they dispel the idea they don't need martial arts, they don't accept the spiritualities but need the defense.

Sabre fencing is a martial art, and boxing. Jesus' disciples carried swords.

Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my experience, when I see an absolute statement (like this one), I reflexively react to the contrary. Rarely are absolutes absolute. And this happens to be the case for martial arts. I took tae kwon do when I was younger, and it was wonderful. I got in shape, I learned some defensive protective moves, and I gained a great deal of self-confidence. Not once was philosophy discussed. As far as I was concerned it was a gym class, and I would recommend people who get bullied and/or women to get some self-defense training so long as it isn't mixed in with oriental philosophy.
i got baptised in water filed with the holy Spirit and learned to heal the sick preach the gospel drive out demons and make more disciples... walking in the holy Spirit does not fulfil , nor seek nor desire the things of the flesh .. what part of martial arts has a place in the things of the holy Spirit again..? just cant quite find the bible verses pertaining to the pursuit of it ?
and yes i used to do it .. and no i dont have anything to do with it any more at all . i ceased when the day arrived that i could no longer bow in the doj and be faithful to the lord jesus at the same time . after i renounced the worldly spirits involved (and if you think there are none then they have already deceived your mind )

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Folks so often miss the part about.. a HOLY SPIRIT FILLED LIFE ... and rush to defend the OTHER things the WORLDLY things .
the very things we are supposed to forsake to follow Christ Jesus.. so by what spirit is it we speak to defend worldliness in our lives ?

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i got baptised in water filed with the holy Spirit and learned to heal the sick preach the gospel drive out demons and make more disciples... walking in the holy Spirit does not fulfil , nor seek nor desire the things of the flesh .. what part of martial arts has a place in the things of the holy Spirit again..? just cant quite find the bible verses pertaining to the pursuit of it ?
and yes i used to do it .. and no i dont have anything to do with it any more at all . i ceased when the day arrived that i could no longer bow in the doj and be faithful to the lord jesus at the same time . after i renounced the worldly spirits involved (and if you think there are none then they have already deceived your mind )
I too got baptized in water, filled with the Holy Spirit, preach the gospel, and make more disciples. The part of martial arts that has a place in the things of the Holy Spirit (again, we're not talking about the philosophy of the arts, just the physical parts) is in the taking care of one's body. It's good exercise. (But I don't do it any more either.)

Bowing is a sign of respect. It's not necessarily a form of worship. In some cultures, I suspect that bowing is as common as shaking hands in the West.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Also disqualified is Yoga.

The person who brought Yoga to the USA is an anti-Christ teacher. I was a Hindu who believed in this person and read his book, and listened to his teachings and people who were his disciples.

Not many people who practice Yoga realize that the activities center around a false religion, with a focus on what is basically demonic rituals. They try to remove it several degrees from that, but if you study it much, it basically gets into magical arts and demonism.

I agree about martial arts being of the same.

If you want to train your body, train it in the Lord. I look fat but God gives me strength so I'm a lot stronger than I used to be. If you understand how the spirit quickens our bodies, you'll get this. If you develop your body with God, it's better than martial arts.

And when it comes to defense, you just go with spiritual defense first anyway. An army of angels. It beats trusting my muscles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,756.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor

The person who brought Yoga to the USA is an anti-Christ teacher. I was a Hindu who believed in this person and read his book, and listened to his teachings and people who were his disciples.

Not many people who practice Yoga realize that the activities center around a false religion, with a focus on what is basically demonic rituals. They try to remove it several degrees from that, but if you study it much, it basically gets into magical arts and demonism.

If you want to train your body, train it in the Lord. I look fat but God gives me strength so I'm a lot stronger than I used to be. If you understand how the spirit quickens our bodies, you'll get this. If you develop your body with God, it's better than martial arts.

And when it comes to defense, you just go with spiritual defense first anyway. An army of angels. It beats trusting my muscles.

But even Peter and Paul in the first century got killed, only John survived persecution. And many Romans died before their time. Later on Christian Europe had to fight by sword or be converted to Islam.

As in my previous post I made the point that Christians in the US get raped, and it is common in India among converts. Even though we are led by the Spirit, or pray and have guardian angels, we still sometimes need to fight or run...

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I too got baptized in water, filled with the Holy Spirit, preach the gospel, and make more disciples. The part of martial arts that has a place in the things of the Holy Spirit (again, we're not talking about the philosophy of the arts, just the physical parts) is in the taking care of one's body. It's good exercise. (But I don't do it any more either.)

Bowing is a sign of respect. It's not necessarily a form of worship. In some cultures, I suspect that bowing is as common as shaking hands in the West.
i don't show respect to demons .. we cast them out .
we don't need any part of martial arts in any form ,nor does the lord ever tell us in ANY manner to conform to the world in any way

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

i agree .. as iv pointed out before . the trusting of martial arts and flesh strength is very carnal and i note those between 18 and 50 yrs old put a lot of stock in it .. children girls and elderly already know its useless lol

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But even Peter and Paul in the first century got killed, only John survived persecution. And many Romans died before their time. Later on Christian Europe had to fight by sword or be converted to Islam.

As in my previous post I made the point that Christians in the US get raped, and it is common in India among converts. Even though we are led by the Spirit, or pray and have guardian angels, we still sometimes need to fight or run...
you have based this on negative experience reports .. but you do so in opposition the word of God -think about it for a while .. do we believe a negative report ? or do we believe the word of god ? many of these victims are not taught by their churches (who seldom preach the word of god these days ) to call unto me and i will answer thee .. to know who they are in Christ . to walk in faith .. i would go off into pages of explanation to explain these basics here .so i wont . but when you read the word of god you find .. a teen brat can .. in the-name of the lord .. (not ones own ability ) bring down a giant .those victims in india have every right to blame their so called churches for not teaching them the word of god .. also you are basing this, i would guess ,on 2nd and 3rd hand hear say .. you do not know if it is true for sure ? (that's a question.) that a holy Spirit filed woman who are walking in faith and abiding in Christ were raped .. nor can you ever say if they knew martial arts it would have made any difference what so ever .. But GOD always makes the difference .

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,756.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
you have based this on negative experience reports .. but you do so in opposition the word of God -think about it for a while .. do we believe a negative report ? or do we believe the word of god ? many of these victims are not taught by their churches (who seldom preach the word of god these days ) to call unto me and i will answer thee .. to know who they are in Christ . to walk in faith .. i would go off into pages of explanation to explain these basics here .so i wont . but when you read the word of god you find .. a teen brat can .. in the-name of the lord .. (not ones own ability ) bring down a giant .those victims in india have every right to blame their so called churches for not teaching them the word of god .. also you are basing this, i would guess ,on 2nd and 3rd hand hear say .. you do not know if it is true for sure ? (that's a question.) that a holy Spirit filed woman who are walking in faith and abiding in Christ were raped .. nor can you ever say if they knew martial arts it would have made any difference what so ever .. But GOD always makes the difference .
Shampa from India is a preacher in India, who endured the loss of many "sons" in persecution and struggled to forgive the killers, but in the end she did and the sons of the killers were converted, and accepted. Shampa expressed that they did not go into the spirituality but used the skills. To avert rape...

BJJ, the woman held down brings her right leg across her left under the assailant, pulls it up to her belly and puts her foot into the mans belly and pushes him away with a leg thrust.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shampa from India is a preacher in India, who endured the loss of many "sons" in persecution and struggled to forgive the killers, but in the end she did and the sons of the killers were converted, and accepted. Shampa expressed that they did not go into the spirituality but used the skills. To avert rape...

BJJ, the woman held down brings her right leg across her left under the assailant, pulls it up to her belly and puts her foot into the mans belly and pushes him away with a leg thrust.
so..do you believe the power ol the body is greater then the power of God?is that what im reading beteen your lines?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,756.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
so..do you believe the power ol the body is greater then the power of God?is that what im reading beteen your lines?
I was taught, "use all your resources."

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was taught, "use all your resources."
so..do you believe the power ol the body is greater then the power of God?is that what i'm reading between your lines?

beleiving what we are taught by men and what the word of God says ..are two very different things

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,756.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
so..do you believe the power ol the body is greater then the power of God?is that what i'm reading between your lines?

beleiving what we are taught by men and what the word of God says ..are two very different things
The power the millions of prayers make is unseen, incalculable. When the disciples slept and lacked prayer, they fell short of protection and had to flee by strength, Peter tried to sword fight.

Jesus said we are His hands and feet. Sometimes things are up to us. Some of our resources are the Holy Spirit or the angels of light or brethren or police which God has placed and sometimes we need to use our strength and the anointing can increase our strength.

In the fight against sin, use all your resources.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The power the millions of prayers make is unseen, incalculable. When the disciples slept and lacked prayer, they fell short of protection and had to flee by strength, Peter tried to sword fight.

Jesus said we are His hands and feet. Sometimes things are up to us. Some of our resources are the Holy Spirit or the angels of light or brethren or police which God has placed and sometimes we need to use our strength and the anointing can increase our strength.

In the fight against sin, use all your resources.
peter tried to sword fight ? lol that is a load of waffle based on an assumption based on a line of text taken out of context .peter later willingly went to the cross himself after he was transformed from such carnal mindedness .
the fight against sin does not include slaying the lost .
i get that martial arts holds a throne in your heart and is a form of idolatry to you .. else you would not defend it .
i used to do it.. God led me to repent of it .its not of him it is of the spirit of this world .if you think for a moment it has no demonic influence then you are allowing deception to overcome you .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.