Marriage Reconciliation

jaspen

May 20, 2004
✟122.00
Faith
Pentecostal
My wife and I are currently seperated. We have four children and they are not taking the seperation well. My wife is very upset with me and has every right to be. We had a domestic violence/under the influence of alcohol incident that I have repented of. I have been clean for 32 days and am enrolled in Chemical Dependency and Anger Management classes. Not drinking I have become a calmer person. However, my wife will not even talk to me; no communication. I am not expecting over night results, but I would like to work towards reconciliation. Please pray for God to heal our marriage.

tammyhw67

May 15, 2004
oregon
✟7,644.00
Faith
Pentecostal
jaspen, YES< I will pray for you, I believe that if you keep on the right track your wife will see a change, it will take time but dont give up if she is reluctant to trust at first, trust GOD and pray hard, when yemptation comes rebuke it in the name of JESUS and the desire for the alcohol will leave you, GOD CAN DO ANYTHING! my prayers are with you.

Upvote 0

jaspen

May 20, 2004
✟122.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Thank you for your prayers. Tomorrow I have court with my wife and that is never easy. I already get to see my children 3 hours a week and I am praying that my wife and I will begin to communicate through email. Please keep this in your prayers for us. God is doing great things in my life and I am sure He is doing great things in my wife's life as well.

Upvote 0

oldrooster

Thank You Jerry
Apr 4, 2004
Salt lake City, Utah
✟8,141.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
jaspen said:
My wife and I are currently seperated. We have four children and they are not taking the seperation well. My wife is very upset with me and has every right to be. We had a domestic violence/under the influence of alcohol incident that I have repented of. I have been clean for 32 days and am enrolled in Chemical Dependency and Anger Management classes. Not drinking I have become a calmer person. However, my wife will not even talk to me; no communication. I am not expecting over night results, but I would like to work towards reconciliation. Please pray for God to heal our marriage.
This will take some time to heal, I have been sober for 5 1/2 years now. I am still mending relationships with my kids. I was not able to save my marrage, but me and my ex are still friends and I am grateful for that.

Upvote 0

sarah marie

Apr 25, 2004
✟498.00
Faith
Christian
defying??? According to the Bible, it is not up to the husband to monitor the wife's behavior towards him. It is only up to the husband to submit to God and accept God's guidance in his responsibilities, not hers.

Jaspen.. I am praying for God to heal you, your wife and your children. In Jesus's name, I pray that your family will be restored. Keep the faith!

Upvote 0

chris320

Charismatic Zionist
Sep 5, 2003
Brandon, Florida
Visit site
✟280.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
desi said:
jaspen, what is your wife's reason for defying you. According to the Bible you are her husband and she should treat you as such.
She is not going to feel like having sexual relations with jaspen until he can control his anger and love his wife like Christ loved the church and gave himself for it. If I were jaspen I would hurry up and take whatever steps I had to in order to control the anger and conquer the chemical dependency, before she gets emotionally attached to someone else and decides to leave the marriage for someone who she thinks will love her.

-Chris320

Upvote 0

oldrooster

Thank You Jerry
Apr 4, 2004
Salt lake City, Utah
✟8,141.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
chris320 said:
She is not going to feel like having sexual relations with jaspen until he can control his anger and love his wife like Christ loved the church and gave himself for it. If I were jaspen I would hurry up and take whatever steps I had to in order to control the anger and conquer the chemical dependency, before she gets emotionally attached to someone else and decides to leave the marriage for someone who she thinks will love her.

-Chris320
Amen....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
chris320 said:

-Chris320
What a crock. I suppose you have Biblical evidence to support such nonsense.

Upvote 0

jaspen

May 20, 2004
✟122.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Thank you Desi for your encouragement. My wife is a woman of God and I do believe she will do what is right. I am asking for prayer that God would put in her heart forgiveness towards me and begin the process of restoring trust. As far as what Chris320 said, my wife would not find anyone else because she believes in God's word and knows that would be adultery.

Upvote 0

oldrooster

Thank You Jerry
Apr 4, 2004
Salt lake City, Utah
✟8,141.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
desi said:
Jaspen, from my understanding a woman of God would not defy God's word by wrecking her marriage and her children's lives.
So you are an alcohol counsellor as well, good, then you should know the worst thing for children is living with an alcoholic. If he quits good, save your marrage. If he does not, find somebody else.

Upvote 0

rainyday

God is my umbrella
May 4, 2004
Home town - Pittsburgh PA
✟8,417.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Come oldrooster, its the wife's fault, that's already clear in desi's world.

'Defy her husband' ... how DARE she?! Maybe he just didn't beat it into her hard enough then?

A woman of God wouldn't wreck her marriage? There's NO WOMAN wrecking the marriage here! The HUSBAND is wrecking this marriage due to violence and drinking! A woman taking her children and herself out of a violent situation is being responsible for her children. The husband himself admits his problem with violence and alcohol, but somehow this is HER wrecking the marriage?

LOL ... Aren't you men responsible for any of your OWN actions in your world desi?

Now I'm seeing a trend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oldrooster

Thank You Jerry
Apr 4, 2004
Salt lake City, Utah
✟8,141.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
rainyday said:
Come oldrooster, its the wife's fault, that's already clear in desi's world.

'Defy her husband' ... how DARE she?! Maybe he just didn't beat it into her hard enough then?

Now I'm seeing a trend.
It's always the wife's fault in desi's world.....it's time to inhabit the real world....

Upvote 0

oldrooster

Thank You Jerry
Apr 4, 2004
Salt lake City, Utah
✟8,141.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thats ok, desi's kind of posts just tick me off to no end. I have been sober now for close to 6 years, still was not enough to save my marrage. I cannot blame my ex for what she did during our marrage, as I was not a great spouse. I never beat or abused her or my kids, I just wasn't present. We are friends today, my kids love me, so all has turned out about as good as I can expect....

Upvote 0

Bartimaeus

Pardoned Rebel!
May 3, 2004
Standing in Grace!
Visit site
✟16,638.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
oldrooster said:
Thats ok, desi's kind of posts just tick me off to no end. I have been sober now for close to 6 years, still was not enough to save my marrage. I cannot blame my ex for what she did during our marrage, as I was not a great spouse. I never beat or abused her or my kids, I just wasn't present. We are friends today, my kids love me, so all has turned out about as good as I can expect....
Ah, but in Desi's world, everything is cut and dry, black and white. No room for gray areas. Just my opinion. :)

Upvote 0

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bartimaeus said:
Ah, but in Desi's world, everything is cut and dry, black and white. No room for gray areas. Just my opinion. :)
Its my opinion too Bartimaeus. God is not ambiguous, thank God! Women leaving men is wrong according to the beloved Bible which saved my marriage after my lovely wife and I gave up all hope. Alcoholism, domestic violence, childhood whatever is all Satan's nonsense he uses to destroy marriages rather effectively in America. God does not address those things because they are immaterial to marriage which is God making two into ONE. "What God makes whole let no man separate." Was it not Jesus, the judge of all of us himself who said such? Marriage transcends such nominal issues in the interest of raising Godly children. Divorce is Satan's love. She supplies him with an abundance of ignorant, wayward children to mould into his own image of God questioning disillusioned fools comfortable in their own faulty understanding of the world which leads them straight into defiance and later... Hell itself where they wonder in self righteousness how God could be so cruel.

Upvote 0