United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ginny said:
I did not provide an interpretation....first of all.

No but I think its pretty obvious that you were showing those Bible verses to show what you believe about the "Mark of the Beast".

Ginny said:
And second, you can (a) choose to interpret things and study the Bible to come to your own understanding or (b...and the most popular) you can rely on your church to do all your homework for you and leave it at that.

The Catholic Church allows both. I can interpret parts of the Bible the way I want to so long as my interpretation does not contradict the interpretation of the Catholic Church. And besides, why would I want to interpret the Bible contradictory to what the Catholic Church teaches when the Catholic Church was given the authority by Jesus to interpret the Bible and Tradition authoritatively? I prefer the Church's interpretation which is more likely to be correct than my own interpretation which is more likely to be false. I don't have multiple degrees in religion like many Vatican officials, bishops, and the magisterium, and others in authority have.

Upvote 0

BrotherAtArms

Jul 28, 2005
✟17,086.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
PaladinDoodler said:
No but I think its pretty obvious that you were showing those Bible verses to show what you believe about the "Mark of the Beast".

The Catholic Church allows both. I can interpret parts of the Bible the way I want to so long as my interpretation does not contradict the interpretation of the Catholic Church. And besides, why would I want to interpret the Bible contradictory to what the Catholic Church teaches when the Catholic Church was given the authority by Jesus to interpret the Bible and Tradition authoritatively? I prefer the Church's interpretation which is more likely to be correct than my own interpretation which is more likely to be false. I don't have multiple degrees in religion like many Vatican officials, bishops, and the magisterium, and others in authority have.
I don't mean to sound rude, but relying on a churches interpretation is like being a blind follower.
The only reason I'm Church of God is because I read up on things, and found my own interpretations, otherwise I would have been a blind follower of another religion.

You could believe 2+2=16 just because someone told you that and gave a "reasonable" explanation as to why it would add up to that... but you would never know it actually added up to 4 unless you found the true answer yourself.

The notion is silly, it would make more sense to simply record retinal paterns or fingerprints as a means of identification.

Identification is one thing, but I think the main goal is for tracking and locational purposes.
Say a man goes to an airport, and walks through the metal detector...
If the man is charged with some form of crime they can see where he was because the detector picked up his chip.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
BrotherAtArms said:
Say a man goes to an airport, and walks through the metal detector...
If the man is charged with some form of crime they can see where he was because the detector picked up his chip.

Every day when I go to work, I look into a retinal scaner which verifies who I am while a guard looks on and then checks my ID. I see no real advantage to implanting chips into everyone when we have natural features that can easily be exploited for identification.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
PaladinDoodler said:
My apologies. Your post seemed to indicate you were not aware of any scripture. My incorrect assumption. But through the reading of your post it is safe to assume that it is not you that personally came to this conclusion, but your church's, which validates my point.

PaladinDoodler said:
The Catholic Church allows both. I can interpret parts of the Bible the way I want to so long as my interpretation does not contradict the interpretation of the Catholic Church.

You can have your own interpretation AS LONG AS it is parallel to the Catholic Church. I am sorry, but that does not constitute your own interpretation if you are not allowed for it to be any different that someone elses. In reality, it is not your own interpretation at all...just one merely forced upon you to believe.

PaladinDoodler said:
And besides, why would I want to interpret the Bible contradictory to what the Catholic Church teaches when the Catholic Church was given the authority by Jesus to interpret the Bible and Tradition authoritatively? I prefer the Church's interpretation which is more likely to be correct than my own interpretation which is more likely to be false.

Why whatever do you mean? In actuality, by your own profession, you do not have authority to interpret the Bible on your own....so long as it coincides with their teachings. Being forced to believe someone else's interpretation only leaves room to believe if God were to show you otherwise you would think you were automatically wrong b/c *gasp* that is not what you are taught here on earth.

PaladinDoodler said:
I don't have multiple degrees in religion like many Vatican officials, bishops, and the magisterium, and others in authority have.

Nor do I...but I have just as much authority to go to God for guidance as either one of those men. A degree nor hierarchy does not gain you more access to God or the understanding of His word....hence the freedom to gain understanding through fellowship with God on a personal level and not through man. We are no longer living in the Old Testament where one needs to go through man to have access to God.

Just answering your post, but best to be left undebated in this area...

Upvote 0

BrotherAtArms

Jul 28, 2005
✟17,086.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
ACougar said:
Every day when I go to work, I look into a retinal scaner which verifies who I am while a guard looks on and then checks my ID. I see no real advantage to implanting chips into everyone when we have natural features that can easily be exploited for identification.
Except for when an escaped convict has left the country and is hiding in the middle of the woods in a foreign country... satellite tracking for an imbedded chip would come in quite handy in such a situation...

Upvote 0

Daywolf

Ferret snacks!
Feb 22, 2006
Out of Zion!
✟15,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
ACougar said:
But a retinal scanner is expensive. Will every shop in a 3rd world nation be able to afford a retinal scanner? Additionally such a scanner would need to scan a database to verify, it cannot be done on-site for billions of people or it would be even more expensive and transmitting the query to a centralized computer would bog down running every search through its database. To be efficient, all it does is send the information collected from the chip via the wireless transaction device. In fact, such a device needs not be passed over the chip, it can be picked up from a local node many feet away and simply transmit the current location and information of a particular chip and tracked.

What the RFID does is offer a very cheap and effective ID technology that holds all the information needed inside the small chip’s storage drive. The hand held interactive radio scanner to handle the transaction can be as simple as a PDA device and probably cost a few dollars (US) once mass produced. RFID is basically the next generation bar code and is being implemented as a bar code alternative/improvement by companies that do such work.

All new technology is an evolution from old technology, it just does not appear out of thin air. And certainly, this mark of the beast, or what ever you want to call it, has a function as presented from the bible. All technology is designed and improved upon to serve a function as the need for the function exists. It’s just a matter of applying the evolved technology which fits the functions requirement. RFID in itself is not the mark of the beast, but if it’s technology is applied, it is capable of fulfilling the function and thus becomes the mark of the beast.

Upvote 0
J

jamesrwright3

ACougar said:

I am sure that would be fine for a work environment..I don't think it would be practical for people to have their reintas scanned at checkouts or other cenus. The cashless society is coming sooner than we think. How it will be sold is a whole other issue.

Upvote 0

BrotherAtArms

Jul 28, 2005
✟17,086.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
True, it may not be the mark of the beast as of now, but when it is impossible to buy or sell food without it, that's when it will be.

Plus I'm sure a lot of America would be for it since I'm sure the chip won't have "In God We Trust" stamped on it...
*That was a joke*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
jamesrwright3 said:
The cashless society is coming sooner than we think.

My husband and I have been "cashless" for years....Behold the DEBIT CARD!!! We have just never been the type to carry around money...infact, anytime we need a dollar for whatever reason we have to make a specific point to go out of the way to get money...we depend on our debit card very heavily for everything.

Upvote 0

Los Colosos Del Ring

Jan 18, 2005
✟142.00
Faith
Christian
Petunia said:
Christians who believe biblical prophesies regarding end times and/or take them literally.. usually are on the look out for anything that can advance to that level. But remember.. this 'end time mark' has to be a WORLD WIDE thing. If it's something that's local.. like the idea of implanting a chip in the immigrants in America, most likely it isn't going to amount to anything prophecy wise. Even though something local can advance to the point of becoming a worldwide system. Also.. if I'm remembering correctly.. this endtime 'system' is to originate from Rome. Not from America.
In everything there should be a balance. It is true that looking for signs of end time prophecies can create false assumptions. For instance there was at one time a notion that Anwar Sadat could of been the Anti-Christ. However it's at least equally as wrong to dismiss everything. I'm not saying you're doing that but just as one may look for signs in an unhealthy fashion, another may write everything off, assume everything to be way way in the future, in an unhealthy fashion.

Whether or not this is the actual "mark of the beast", only time will tell. I think it certainly plays hand in hand. According to someone involved in the chips' creation, there's a substance in the chip that if it were to open in the skin, would cause "a grievous sore". This was the term used when this individual inquired from another employee involved in it's creation, as to what would happen if the chip broke open while inside the skin. Of course Revelations does mention a grievous sore. The chip was in the process of creation years ago. It was made with the intention of being implanted in the skin. In it's beginning stages, it stands for reason that it wouldn't be readily accepted by society because they would view it as a violation of privacy (having the govt. know where they were at all times), as well as a violation of the physical body. However now they're finding an excuse. People will more than likely welcome the idea of it's implantation into immigrants because of the 'illegal immigrant' issue. I personally do not believe the government ever had any real intention of securing our borders. I think there has been an allowance for illegal immigration for reasons like controlling humans with a micro-chip. However this CEO may also be jumping the gun. Most politicians want to use some form of scanning card which may still be more of a gradual step towards skin implantation.

As far as the mark of the beast being worldwide, the U.S. is not the only country with an illegal immigration problem. France for instance has a very similar situation. If the chip works here in the States, then it's likely to be used elsewhere.

As far as the mark coming out of Rome. The U.S. as well as much of the world exists under a Roman Empire type governmental system. The Roman Empire has influenced the world, so in a sense it still exists today!

Upvote 0

BrotherAtArms

Jul 28, 2005
✟17,086.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'd like also to add the fact that the U.S. isn't really even mentioned in the Bible prophesies...
Unless infact the one part where it talks about the fall of a "great empire"...
This isn't a statement of pride, it's just the fact that the U.S. is quite large... though I'm not going to get in that since it's not the topic.

Like it's been said, only time can truly tell for now.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ginny said:
My apologies. Your post seemed to indicate you were not aware of any scripture. My incorrect assumption. But through the reading of your post it is safe to assume that it is not you that personally came to this conclusion, but your church's, which validates my point.

You can have your own interpretation AS LONG AS it is parallel to the Catholic Church. I am sorry, but that does not constitute your own interpretation if you are not allowed for it to be any different that someone elses. In reality, it is not your own interpretation at all...just one merely forced upon you to believe.

Why whatever do you mean? In actuality, by your own profession, you do not have authority to interpret the Bible on your own....so long as it coincides with their teachings. Being forced to believe someone else's interpretation only leaves room to believe if God were to show you otherwise you would think you were automatically wrong b/c *gasp* that is not what you are taught here on earth.

Nor do I...but I have just as much authority to go to God for guidance as either one of those men. A degree nor hierarchy does not gain you more access to God or the understanding of His word....hence the freedom to gain understanding through fellowship with God on a personal level and not through man. We are no longer living in the Old Testament where one needs to go through man to have access to God.

Just answering your post, but best to be left undebated in this area...

Oh please. I was not forced to believe anything. I willingly believe what the Catholic Church teaches because to me it makes perfect sense. Nobody is forcing me to believe anything. I came to the Catholic Church of my own accord. One of the reasons is because I believe their interpretation of the Bible is correct.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wiggsfly

Walking the tightrope of life
Nov 20, 2005
✟4,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although I think electronic tracking of us all is iminent, I don't think it'll be a physical chip that will be the culprit. Instead, I would put my money on external DNA analasys and other methods to track us without ever physically making any changes to our body.

Upvote 0

Daywolf

Ferret snacks!
Feb 22, 2006
Out of Zion!
✟15,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
wiggsfly said:
Although I think electronic tracking of us all is iminent, I don't think it'll be a physical chip that will be the culprit. Instead, I would put my money on external DNA analasys and other methods to track us without ever physically making any changes to our body.
Yeah, but the problem with that, as stated before, such technology is pretty expensive. How would a struggling shop in a third world nation ever be able to afford a complex DNA reader? RFID is cheap and accurate, even if we had no knowledge of what the bible said on the issue, RFID is certainly the best way for a secure and affordable ID system that can be implemented anywhere in the world to manage currency exchange and so forth. DNA or retina readers are just impractical.

Upvote 0

Daywolf

Ferret snacks!
Feb 22, 2006
Out of Zion!
✟15,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ginny said:
Actually, coincide with the topic at hand, last night I flipped to the Coast to Coast AM show to hear what was being said about 666 and the mark of the beast (being 6/6/06). There was a Catholic Priest on as a guest named Father Felix. He was asked that if the mark of the beast was a chip (as we are discussing here) and that it existed, if he would accept that chip which is the mark of the beast. The host always asks this question to anyone religious that appears on the show. Always they say like “no way, I would never accept it!”, but in the case for Father Felix, for the first time in the history of the show, someone said “yes!” and all jaws dropped.

People were calling in later asking if he was really a priest, but the host swears he is. If/when the mark of the beast does come, and it does happen to be a device that fulfills the function, I wonder just how many people are going to be mislead to accept this mark just because they are incapable of thinking for themselves, because their priest says “Sure thing! Accept it!”. Far fetched? Father Felix has no problem with it.

Upvote 0