Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Knights of The Republic held a solidarity march that began at 10 a.m. in downtown Tyler.

TYLER, Texas — Community members came together to march in downtown Tyler in support of the former Bishop of Tyler Joseph Strickland on Saturday morning.

The march route was scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception and run through the downtown square.

Bishop Strickland was removed from the Diocese of Tyler by Pope Francis last Saturday.

Continued below.

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I really feel for the faithful in the Tyler Diocese. I know what it's like to have a less-than-stellar bishop. To have a zealous, faithful and courageous bishop and then have him "removed" is a horror story. I think of the Catholic lay group that bought a large property in the diocese, began an intentional Catholic community to live and grow there - and what will happen now? I think of a friend who moved from where he was (and I still am) to the Diocese of Phoenix, at that time and for many years under Bp. Olmsted - traditional, faithful and conservative, and soon to be replaced by Bp. John P. Dolan - highly regarded by friends and brothers of our present pope.

What days we live in.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The Knights of The Republic held a solidarity march that began at 10 a.m. in downtown Tyler.

TYLER, Texas — Community members came together to march in downtown Tyler in support of the former Bishop of Tyler Joseph Strickland on Saturday morning.

The march route was scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception and run through the downtown square.

Bishop Strickland was removed from the Diocese of Tyler by Pope Francis last Saturday.

Continued below.
Quite a crowd!

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I really feel for the faithful in the Tyler Diocese. I know what it's like to have a less-than-stellar bishop. To have a zealous, faithful and courageous bishop and then have him "removed" is a horror story. I think of the Catholic lay group that bought a large property in the diocese, began an intentional Catholic community to live and grow there - and what will happen now? I think of a friend who moved from where he was (and I still am) to the Diocese of Phoenix, at that time and for many years under Bp. Olmsted - traditional, faithful and conservative, and soon to be replaced by Bp. John P. Dolan - highly regarded by friends and brothers of our present pope.
Bishop Olmsted was a great one.

My experience in the St. Paul archdiocese was that a decent archbishop was succeeded by archbishop Neinstedt, who we all thought was going to be a great archbishop. And then things unraveled and pope Francis deposed him. No 'final report' ever came out but the allegations were that he was a sexual mess. He denied it. And of course it's all hushed and the truth was hidden away. So we still don't know if he was destroyed by a vengeful LGBTQWERTY conspiracy for openly opposing them or whether he was deeply messed up.

Waiting for the 'real' reason bishop Strickland was sacked may be an infinite wait.
What days we live in.
God protect your people.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Bishop Olmsted was a great one.

My experience in the St. Paul archdiocese was that a decent archbishop was succeeded by archbishop Neinstedt, who we all thought was going to be a great archbishop......... So we still don't know if he was destroyed by a vengeful LGBTQWERTY conspiracy for openly opposing them or whether he was deeply messed up.

Waiting for the 'real' reason bishop Strickland was sacked may be an infinite wait.

God protect your people.
Amen to that.

[read sarcastically]: Isn't being "deeply messed up" part of the unwritten job requirements at the Reformed Dicastery for Personnel?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
[read sarcastically]: Isn't being "deeply messed up" part of the unwritten job requirements at the Reformed Dicastery for Personnel?
We need to insure that the sexually deeply messed up are represented in the power structures in dioceses and dicasteries to have their voice and vote in the shaping of the synodal entity that is being born.

Archbishop Neinstedt's big sin was promoting a referendum that would have made marriage between one man and one woman part of the Minnesota constitution. He HAD TO BE discredited. And he was. And the vote failed. And later Minnesota became the first state where the legislature approved of gay marriage. Not necessarily a pope Francis kind of bishop. On the surface more of a bishop Strickland kind of bishop. The rest is all accusations, maybe true, maybe not.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

What days we live in.

Wow. I did not realize the Catholic community in Tyler was so well developed. What a lovely place!
Taylor Marshall has been promoting it for at least several years now,
encouraging Traditional Catholics to relocate there.

... but there IS an element of risk involved in doing that kind of relocation, as spiritual leadership may change.
Like it has now, in Tyler.

Looking at the development there, I can better understand now why the pope might want to 'bust up' things there ...

For most of my adult life, I lived in a U.S. 'Bible belt' state. It was wonderful.
The whole spiritual atmosphere was 'light and airy', not oppressive.
At the time at least, it was very socially acceptable to be a Christian. Almost 'expected'.
We spoke 'Christianese' and understood each other. It was great!
And it was 'easy', and fun, to be a Christian there.

I now live in a much different kind of city ...
a city where many are challenged by life and struggling, and do not seem to know the Lord.
It isn't always so pleasant here, but sometimes the Lord does relocate His people to less favorable places ...

I listened to a Fr. Ripperger talk recently, where he addressed current times ... how to prepare for them.
One thing he said, was that on a spiritual level 'we have to master detachment' ...
detachment being a holy indifference to all things created, so that we are attached to God alone.
I couldn't agree more.

As an older person, I have 'lost' many things in these later years.
Watching the news headlines, we in America continue to lose many things.
(And so many people seem to be dying, since the pandemic!)

Sometimes my heart wants to grow weary over all the losses ...
I imagine the people in Tyler are feeling that kind of heaviness now ...
but in our losses, God is there.

It becomes easier to see Him, and our true spiritual condition, when the things of this world are taken away from us ...

Upvote 0