CallingInTheDesert

Fully Born Again - Living In Pure Love
Feb 9, 2013
✟1,087.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm afraid though that I'm with Thomas Jefferson that the miracles in the Bible are metaphors. I've spent a long time trying to bend reality with both the power of God and in other faiths, and I've come to the conclusion it's all psychology and invention, but don't let me spoil your fun.

But I am Christian.

I still try my best to submit to Jesus.

I just have different philosophical views.

A Christian believes that Jesus (God) came to earth and died on the cross to free us from our sinful/evil nature, so that He could heal us of our sinful nature. Christians don't believe this event was make believe.

A Christian believes in the Words in the Bible as Truth and as the only Truth - with no make believe (pretend) stories, except for some of the parables (stories) that Jesus used to teach us with.

A Christian believes that God used Moses to part the Red Sea.

A Christian believes that God made it rain upon the earth for 40 days until the whole earch was covered with water. No prentend stuff here.

A Christian believes that Jesus Christ has been risen from the dead and is alive today. This is not a make believe story.

A Christian believes that Jesus Christ was not born of man's seed, but of the Holy Spirit. Not a make believe story.

A Christian believes that Jesus Christ sent His very own Holy Spirit to live in people, which empowers them to live as Christ lived - making us like Christ. This is not a make believe thing - some of us are living this reality now.

A Christian believes that God is the creator of all things and that God can do all things and is not limited in what He can do. Even though a person cannot fully comprehend God and His powers, we have faith in that power of God to fully transform us into His image and be perfected as Christ was perfect - by living by the power of His Grace, which is the pure love of God. This is not a make believe reality, but a reality a born again Christian lives in this life.

We can do all things in Christ, for He desires to do all things in and through us - including fully transforming us from evil/selfishness to His full goodness by the filling of His Love (His Holy Spirit).

This is some of the things a Christian truly believes and lives by, if someone thinks any of these things are not possible and/or make believe, then God's Word would say they are not a believer, and since they are not a believer, then they wouldn't be a born again Christian either.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,501.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But I am Christian.

Look, if you are a seeker just say you are. You don't have to pretend to be a Christian. We want everyone to seek our Lord Jesus for salvation through faith, not of works lest any man/woman should boast. You don't have to TRY to submit to Jesus, just submit. He will save you but you have to stop kicking against the goad. You will hurt yourself doing so. Jesus is right where you are. Let the Bible be your school teacher, believe what it says. Science is just now beginning to catch up with the Bible that it has denied for so long.

Upvote 0

SAT

Jun 9, 2013
✟15,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats cute and adorable but, in honesty God is The Spirit and we don't come close to God or What God is... We struggle with the basics like don't kill one another, lying and stealing etc... Far from God.

Glory To God

Not cute but fact. But do keep in mine if I show you an "image" of myself that is not me, but merely an image of me, now would my husband want an image of me or me? Moreover I like you understand that tho my husband is made in Gods image that doesn't make him God, yet he often wears the uniform which I respect enormously, so my respect and love go to my husband, and my love and worship goes to our Lord.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

korvus

[Luna] Christ-loving heretic
Apr 16, 2013
✟8,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Christian believes that Jesus (God) came to earth and died on the cross to free us from our sinful/evil nature, so that He could heal us of our sinful nature. Christians don't believe this event was make believe.

A Christian believes in the Words in the Bible as Truth and as the only Truth - with no make believe (pretend) stories, except for some of the parables (stories) that Jesus used to teach us with.

A Christian believes that God used Moses to part the Red Sea.

A Christian believes that God made it rain upon the earth for 40 days until the whole earch was covered with water. No prentend stuff here.

A Christian believes that Jesus Christ has been risen from the dead and is alive today. This is not a make believe story.

A Christian believes that Jesus Christ was not born of man's seed, but of the Holy Spirit. Not a make believe story.

A Christian believes that Jesus Christ sent His very own Holy Spirit to live in people, which empowers them to live as Christ lived - making us like Christ. This is not a make believe thing - some of us are living this reality now.

A Christian believes that God is the creator of all things and that God can do all things and is not limited in what He can do. Even though a person cannot fully comprehend God and His powers, we have faith in that power of God to fully transform us into His image and be perfected as Christ was perfect - by living by the power of His Grace, which is the pure love of God. This is not a make believe reality, but a reality a born again Christian lives in this life.

We can do all things in Christ, for He desires to do all things in and through us - including fully transforming us from evil/selfishness to His full goodness by the filling of His Love (His Holy Spirit).

This is some of the things a Christian truly believes and lives by, if someone thinks any of these things are not possible and/or make believe, then God's Word would say they are not a believer, and since they are not a believer, then they wouldn't be a born again Christian either.

Well I do make a choice to believe in those things, and I believe in them with my whole mind, I made myself to believe them, and they are so to me. That's what matters, I still believe.

I just have layer of awareness of the psychology that plays under it all.

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Pardon me, may I include a scripture? 1 Timothy 6:20&21
'O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee, Amen.
Thank you, I am enjoying reading all the posts,
we learn so much from each other.

Upvote 0

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not cute but fact. But do keep in mine if I show you an "image" of myself that is not me, but merely an image of me, now would my husband want an image of me or me? Moreover I like you understand that tho my husband is made in Gods image that doesn't make him God, yet he often wears the uniform which I respect enormously, so my respect and love go to my husband, and my love and worship goes to our Lord.

Good luck.

Glory To God

Upvote 0

SAT

Jun 9, 2013
✟15,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I am Christian.

I have seen many comments like yours here, just be careful Jesus doesn't go with the rest of your philosophical view, i.e. You are just on the road to disbelief the process is church goes, bible goes then Jesus becomes a problem to your Philosophical nature, I do hope not, but I would ask as your loving sister in Christ, did he Jesus when tempted by the Satan fall back on this Philosophical views or quote the bible?

Thank you brother for this, but submitting to Jesus is submitting to the bible too, as this is his word.
I submit to my husband as my humble gift to Jesus, and I look to my husband to ensure I am a good godly woman, remember you may have to offer this gift of leadership to your wife, and she won’t want to have two books to be her guide one holy book and one social science book!

Oh my dear brother, you don’t have any views that the world doesn’t already have, when you meet the lost you can only offer them what they already have, I am so sorry to say this stuff to you, you have been give the ability by God to be able to read and understand scripture in a way that an unbeliever can't, tap into that brother, pray and ask Jesus to give you a new view of our holy book.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,501.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh my dear brother, you don’t have any views that the world doesn’t already have, when you meet the lost you can only offer them what they already have, I am so sorry to say this stuff to you, you have been give the ability by God to be able to read and understand scripture in a way that an unbeliever can't, tap into that brother, pray and ask Jesus to give you a new view of our holy book.

Amen,:amen:. Well said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums