Man Sets 10-Foot Cross on Fire in Front of Catholic Church. Vandalizes Two Other Catholic Churches. Police Unsure of Motive.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I have a pretty good idea of motive.

If he had set the cross ablaze in front of an African-American’s house would the motivation still be “unclear?” Or how about the ran around vandalizing three mosques in one night. Would his intentions still be “unclear?”

6ABC News: A suspected vandal targeted three Catholic churches in South Jersey in just a matter of minutes on Friday morning.

Authorities say Peter Sirolli, 40, broke a window and set fires in two of the attacks.

He was arrested on multiple counts including arson, criminal mischief, bias intimidation, desecration of sacred objects and weapons charges.

“We are still actively investigating his social media pages and anything else. We have no ties to any organization that’s anti-Catholic at this time. We are not sure what his motivation is,” said Gloucester Township Police Chief David Harkins.

Investigators say it began at 7:11a.m. Authorities accuse Sirolli of setting a 10-foot cross on fire on the lawn of St. Patrick’s Church in Woodbury.

He also threw rocks through windows at two other churches.

Continued below.

• Agree
Reactions: WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Police too afraid to call a robin a robin. Could be a dove, or a crow... :scratch: let's try to figure out the obvious?

Or maybe they're thinking it's about a priest and not the whole Church?
Or a member, and not the whole...

Upvote 0