Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Given how some of the folks in Cobb county drive, I am surprised that the cop could tell if he was distracted or driving normally.

But really, eating a burger (or whatever) while driving, while not in itself illegal, could indeed be dangerous if you are not paying attention to the road while doing so. This is the reason for the law there. The guy may not have been maintaining lane, may have missed a stop sign, yadda yadda yadda. He may honestly have deserved it.

Or it may (read: very possibly) be an issue of overzealous cop. Or of pushing for revenue increase by way of traffic tickets, it happens.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
To you people who think this was excessive - what is your opinion on laws banning talking on the phone (non-hands-free) or texting while driving?

I do all of that and occasionally eat cheeseburgers while driving, and eating a cheeseburger is at least as tough as texting.
Texting should be illegal, I have seen people driving while doing this and it is dangerous, personally I can eat or drink without taking my eyes off the road so definitely not in the same category

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Clearly not good to be distracted while driving, as it only takes a split second of not paying attention at the right time to cause an accident.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have noticed over the last several years, that more drivers move along at a slower pace then before. It used to be, it was quite normal to drive around 5mph over the speed limit and traffic typically moved along at this pace. I have noticed, more drivers moving along below the speed limit and also wavering in their lane and when I go to pass them, I often see them with their phone in their hands against the steering wheel and looking up and down continuously between their phone and the road.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The cop was getting revenue for the county. Maybe he was falling behind.

Far, far more dangerous though is all the people who can't keep their eyes off of their stupid phones. We of the non-phone obsessed set thought it was bad when people were merely talking on their phones; now........

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Texting should be illegal, I have seen people driving while doing this and it is dangerous, personally I can eat or drink without taking my eyes off the road so definitely not in the same category

Yes I've been almost hit like a dozen times by folks either texting or holding their cell phone and talking. I do not know how holding the cell phone distracts them so much but it does.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Yes I've been almost hit like a dozen times by folks either texting or holding their cell phone and talking. I do not know how holding the cell phone distracts them so much but it does.
It's not holding the cell phone but the conversation that distracts them. It's the same reason my wife and I never let our kids drive any other kids around until they had a couple of years of driving experience.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,594.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
There is no witness as to how distracted the driver is. However I believe the police made a prudent call and to me a right call.

Driving with a burger/phone/makeup/razor in hand is not something I want to see the driver next to me do. He might be an expert driver you may say. An accident is an accident no matter how expert someone is.

So hungry you can't wait to eat? Well find a place to stop and eat before continue driving. Thirsty? Do the same. I don't believe you will die in the next couple of seconds without eating or drinking.

Now I'm starting to believe common sense is not so common at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where I used to live, there was a guy I used to see occasionally who drove an Aston Martin DB9. One time, I passed him on the highway while he was eating a gigantic cheeseburger. I wanted to punch him. Mostly because he could've spilled some on those seats.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,594.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Where I used to live, there was a guy I used to see occasionally who drove an Aston Martin DB9. One time, I passed him on the highway while he was eating a gigantic cheeseburger. I wanted to punch him. Mostly because he could've spilled some on those seats.

Wouldn't you wish to have just punch him and took his ride altogether *wink* *wink*

A good car deserves a better owner rite :p

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wouldn't you wish to have just punch him and took his ride altogether *wink* *wink*

A good car deserves a better owner rite :p

Well, yeah. I figured that was assumed. From the way he dressed, he looked like a greasy tool. I totally deserved that car more than he did. I could probably drive it better, too.

Upvote 0