bibleisthelaw

Apr 22, 2015
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Someone forwarded to me this message via e-mail:

-------------------

"Please share this link with everyone you know. Once we get 150 people to agree with this online, the petition will be shown on the White House website!

** Link Deleted by Forum Robot - Please message me for the link **

Let's make this go viral !!!"

-------------------

Basically, here is what the petition says:

-------------------

Make bible the law; replace congress, president and supreme court with panel of christian elders who decide all issues.

If we make the bible the law of the land, one would only need to decide whether any action or law agrees with the bilbe. We could then replace congress, the supreme court, and all other top-level executives (the decision makers) with a small group of church elders. This could save billions in tax dollars and stop all the endless legal battles happening all over the country regarding moral and family issues. The church elders would have the final say of what is right or wrong, based solely on the bible.

-------------------
Wanted to post it here and get your opinions. Again, message me if you want the link to sign the petition.

JLR1300

Dec 16, 2012
Oklahoma
✟8,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just to play along... just for fun let's think about this. This is pretty much what we had in the 1200's in europe. It was called the Catholic Church. A few men (the pope and the cardinals) got to run things supposedly by biblical teachings. What we got was the Spanish inquisition... etc.

The problem with things like that... is that evil men worm their way into the top positions and claim that they are going by the teachings of Christ but in reality are in it for power and privilige. The Catholic Church went around accusing people of heresy and killing them so that they could take their land and wealth. Even lots of Catholics were wrongly accused. So the only thing you can to is to fight them and set up a constitution with a democratic republic and start electing leaders who will represent the people.

So why do the whole thing all over again. How about let's just elect godly people to be our representatives?

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

-------------------

"Please share this link with everyone you know. Once we get 150 people to agree with this online, the petition will be shown on the White House website!

-------------------

-------------------

Make bible the law; replace congress, president and supreme court with panel of christian elders who decide all issues.

If we make the bible the law of the land, one would only need to decide whether any action or law agrees with the bilbe. We could then replace congress, the supreme court, and all other top-level executives (the decision makers) with a small group of church elders. This could save billions in tax dollars and stop all the endless legal battles happening all over the country regarding moral and family issues. The church elders would have the final say of what is right or wrong, based solely on the bible.

-------------------
Wanted to post it here and get your opinions. Again, message me if you want the link to sign the petition.

Under such a system, the first thing to come up would be blasphemy laws and Police to enforce rules of behavior. Islam has it, the Jews practiced it Jesus' time. Another huge abuse I have read a little about is that the homosexuals in Uganda face the death penalty. Uganda is as much of a Christian nation as exists in the world, as of a couple years ago.

It is not that it hasn't worked. In the northeastern British Colonies the were examples of what you propose, in the 17th and 18th century. Any thing I have read indicates these individual settlements functioned well and aspects were incorporated into the US Constitution.

A big difference about today is the level of sophistication of people and the available tools of communication. We see a huge use of Twitter and Facebook in organizing groups in ways never before possible. We see these tools are used by ISIS, unions, LGBT adherents and demonstrators as a bullying tactic where a small but dedicated minority can impose their will on society.

Upvote 0

DanJudge

Jun 17, 2006
✟9,491.00
Faith
Christian

-------------------

-------------------

-------------------

-------------------

Sister, Thy Kingdom Come Thy Will Done In Earth As It Is In Heaven

This is a Start - ChristianRB.com - HOME

Peace Be With You
DanJudge

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

-------------------

-------------------

-------------------

-------------------

I would expect some form of this, some time after instituting a religion-based government.
Infamous Saudi Religious Police Unit Debuts on Twitter - Breitbart

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bibleisthelaw

Apr 22, 2015
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
The problem with things like that... is that evil men worm their way into the top positions and claim that they are going by the teachings of Christ but in reality are in it for power and privilige....

How about let's just elect godly people to be our representatives?

---------

Haven't people been trying to elect godly people? You are right... evil people worm their way into top positions... that is exactly what we have now.

The bible according to WHO's interpretation? The Armenians? The Calvinists? The Catholics?

--------

Christian Fundamenalism of course... isn't that supposed to be the real interpretation of the bible?

The supreme court is pushing Christian laws and their interpretations now. Why do it in a peice-meal fashion when one could do it all at once?

The link is wh dot gov / iB8gw

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bibleisthelaw

Apr 22, 2015
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Another huge abuse I have read a little about is that the homosexuals in Uganda face the death penalty. Uganda is as much of a Christian nation as exists in the world, as of a couple years ago.

Why do call it an abuse when that is exactly what the Bible calls for?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,559.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Martin Luther is not God. Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to His words, or He will rebuke you and prove you a liar. - Proverbs 30:5-6

No, he's not. But you're not either. Therefore, I can dismiss your opinion on how to handle the Word of God as quickly and easily as you can dismiss his.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi BITL,

The Scriptures detail the law of God. It really doesn't matter what law men uphold. God will judge by His law. The question is merely whether an individual will submit to that law or not?

As far as making the laws of men subservient to the law of God, that has never worked out. Israel wasn't able to keep the law of God over an entire population. God's law is written specifically for each individual to choose to obey or not obey. So, don't fret over the 'law of the land'. God will uphold His law and everyone is subject to it.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

shakewell

Jun 17, 2013
✟40,638.00
Faith
Christian
The church elders would have the final say of what is right or wrong, based solely on the bible.

Any church elder worth spit would turn down the job.
The elders who are among you I exhort ... Shepherd the flock of God ... not ... as being lords over those entrusted to you ... 1 Peter 5:1-3
For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. .. 1 Cor. 5:12,13
But He said to him, "Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?" Luke 12:14
Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight ... John 18:36
You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. Yet it shall not be so among you ... Matt. 20:25,26
Ruling nations isn't an elder's job. When Jesus returns, He'll rule the nations (not just the USA) with a rod of iron.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟394,399.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn't Ten Commandments suffice as well as punishments per other verse? A little barbaric and cruel but who are we to change what is prescribed by God?

not_sure_if_person_serious.jpg

Upvote 0