revolutio

Apatheist Extraordinaire
Aug 3, 2003
R'lyeh
Visit site
✟6,762.00
Faith
Atheist
I have been eagerly awaiting it. I didn't realize Sigourney Weaver was going to be in it though. That should be interesting.

Signs was actually my least favorite of his movies. I much preferred Unbreakable for its incredible originality.

EDIT: Oh and here is the trailer to it.

Upvote 0

NotTroy

Aug 12, 2003
✟467.00
Faith
Christian
I love M. Night, but he is a very hit and miss director. Either the story is bland with a shocking, twisted ending, or the story is great, but the ending leaves you underwhelmed like in Unbreakable. Hopefully he combines the best of both for this movie because it looks like it could be a very creepy horror movie.

Upvote 0

Fineous_Reese

Striving to be like the men of Issachar
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2004
✟31,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i'm stoked for The Village, looks to be interesting. haven't heard of any previews yet but i'm lucky to catch em three weeks prior, nearly three months would be a miracle :D

OT, i loved Unbreakable! that movie said more without words than anything i've seen in years, simply incredible. :)
-Fin

Upvote 0

KenobiKid

Kubrick Historian
Apr 18, 2004
Indiana
✟1,120.00
Faith
Christian
I'm also a big fan of his work, I think he reinvented the genre with the Sixth Sense. But I also hope he strays from the formula that he has become famous for. A Twist Ending. Granted I love all of his movies the twist ending is now a tired trend in Hollywood. I would prefer just what the trailer implies, a monster/horror movie. I think this is an excellent time for him to break the mold that he's been put into and do a movie where the twist is there isn't one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Haleigh

You're out of your tree..
Apr 21, 2004
My room
✟183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I love M. Night Shyamalan. I auditioned for "Unbreakable" and "The Village".
I actually made it into the village but had to leave becuase I was tied up with working school and other work, it was a very small part. The Village was actually called "The Woods" then "The Forest" but I like the title they chose. Can't wait to see it!!

Upvote 0

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
KenobiKid said:
I'm also a big fan of his work, I think he reinvented the genre with the Sixth Sense. But I also hope he strays from the formula that he has become famous for. A Twist Ending. Granted I love all of his movies the twist ending is now a tired trend in Hollywood. I would prefer just what the trailer implies, a monster/horror movie. I think this is an excellent time for him to break the mold that he's been put into and do a movie where the twist is there isn't one.

I have to agree with you, although his twist-endings are so great! I love the shock value, and I hate it when I've got something figured out early on. In Signs, there wasn't so much a "twist", as it was a different interpretation of the actual "signs". The crop circles & scariness drew people in, but a much deeper message was what ultimately came out in the end.

Again, "scary forest creatures" are peaking our curiousity, but I have a feeling The Village will leave us with that same feeling as Signs did - when walking out of the theater....thinking to ourselves: "Wow"! :idea:

Upvote 0

EmAgDnImGiRl

I LOVE 7-MILES!!
Apr 29, 2004
VIRGINIA BEACH! BABE!!
Visit site
✟144.00
Faith
Christian
M, Night Shyamalan plays a part in all of his movies. Umm I am waiting for this to come out, and cant wait. Joaquinn Phoenix is in it too, and cant wait too see him. I am inlove with him, and his brother, but he passed awhile ago, but anyways I think it has a good plot by the previes. I just want to know what is in the WOODS!!!!!

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There's a huge storm of contraversey around this movie because apparenlty the ending has leaked and people are saying that the twist is awful and insults the audience. I've been able to show enough discipline not to read the twist, but if you look around the message boards at www.comingsoon.net you can find it. Some say that it's just a rumor. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums