Lust/inappropriate content problems and smoking help?

Apr 17, 2010
Idaho
✟7,627.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband needs some kind of help for his problems! Please tell me where he can go to some kind of group or counseling for real help. He has a problem with smoking, inappropriate content/lust and anger. These problems are not always happening, rather a turn on/off switch. One month he wont smoke and being doing great, then we get into a hard time and he breaks down and smokes, lusts, masterbates and is very very angry and mean. Where can he find help, he needs more than just reading and praying he does that so much. Counseling or something?

ezeric

HE loves me too.
Mar 2, 2010
Canada but really in JESUS! (in HIS Covenant)
Visit site
✟12,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His problem is in much study and prayer.
He has to STOP praying and studying and START believing.

The POWER is in the Gospel.
You need POWER (he needs power) over the flesh.

This is exactly what JESUS came for, and in your family.
HE (JESUS) will start with you and your hubby - both need fixing.

"...the Gospel (the too good to be true news about the GRACE of JESUS), for its the
POWER of GOD. Romans 1:16

And that is what your family needs - POWER
And it comes from (not christian religion/church) but in the True GOSPEL of GRACE.

-eric

The Exchanged Life

Upvote 0

asianchexmix

No, I'm not sleeping I just have small eyes
Dec 22, 2003
Virginia
✟16,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It appears that his emotional regulation is incorporating inappropriate content/masturbation and smoking as coping mechanisms. Just a hunch from the counseling perspective. I would definitely see a reason for him to seek outside help and maybe openly discuss why he is doing all these things when he has you to work with together. Lots of people mentioned a few websites which seem pretty great places to start.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My husband needs some kind of help for his problems! Please tell me where he can go to some kind of group or counseling for real help. He has a problem with smoking, inappropriate content/lust and anger. These problems are not always happening, rather a turn on/off switch. One month he wont smoke and being doing great, then we get into a hard time and he breaks down and smokes, lusts, masterbates and is very very angry and mean. Where can he find help, he needs more than just reading and praying he does that so much. Counseling or something?

Well, I wouldn't always categorize the issues together. Smoking is a hard habit to break and he's probably just relapsing when things get stressful - which is very common and quite normal. I would treat this differently if need be.

On the lust/inappropriate content issue, that's also different than smoking, even if one argues they are all crutches. Does he see an issue with inappropriate content? If he agrees with you on it being wrong, what does he say when he begins watching it? Is it also a relapse to an addiction or something else, where he thinks its okay to watch it?

Finally, for the anger - that could mean anything also. How angry, do you mean moody and grumpy, do you mean violently angry, are there particular triggers, or is it a general personality...?

Upvote 0