Lower Gas Prices

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Gas prices have really dropped in our area. I payed $1.86 per gallon the last time I filled up the car.

$1.86 a gallon? Wow, I was thrilled last night when I filled up for $2.35!!!^_^

Two extremes here, wow. If either of you don't mind sharing, I'm curious what part of the country you live in.

Here in San Diego, we paid $2.49 several days ago, and I have a widget on my Google portal that shows lowest gas prices in the area which shows $2.49 being the current low here.

I don't think it has anything to do with the election. Prices have dropped steadily since summer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoisGriffin

I am not a sheep! I follow only one!
Jul 1, 2008
United Kingdom
✟10,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They have lowered *a little* here but not much. It's still well over 1 euro here..

Ditto but in £s not €. I think because its gone down a little our government decided to raise fuel taxes. Doesn't affect us a huge amount because I don't drive and dh only drives to and from work.

Upvote 0

FatBurger

14% + Jesus = victory
Site Supporter
May 12, 2004
Portland, OR
✟38,868.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is enough oil to make gas until Jesus comes back. That means whoever controls it sets the price at whatever they want to so long as we all need it.

That's an overstatement, but OPEC is definitely controlling the prices. The financial market crash has been the biggest factor in prices dropping the last few months - most of the speculation has disappeared.

Upvote 0