John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lately it has really been hitting me hard that I don't love God like I should.

All I do is sit around worrying about my declining health.

I'm so self centered.

God is love and he sent his Son to die for us.

He gives us eternal life.

I should really love him tons in return.

But I don't. I don't feel love for him.

Only fear. Fear of God's judgement and fear of death.

Why don't I love God????????

Oh what a wretched man I am........

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am surprised to see this John. I havent been on these forums near as long as some but I have seen several posts from you on different things and felt like you were a well grounded Christian. You did answer your own question though John. You are self centered. As long as you are self centered there is no room to love God and I also bet you actually know what to do to correct this brother, just meditate on it a while. God bless John

Reactions: John Davidson
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am surprised to see this John. I havent been on these forums near as long as some but I have seen several posts from you on different things and felt like you were a well grounded Christian. You did answer your own question though John. You are self centered. As long as you are self centered there is no room to love God and I also bet you actually know what to do to correct this brother, just meditate on it a while. God bless John

But how do I fall in love with God and get his love in my Spirit?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The greatest commandment is to love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.

I fall so short of this.

Why don't I feel love in my heart?

Only fear and misery.
Maybe you already have the answer, you need to know gods grace. Persevere and in the end you will see Gods grace. Its my opinion that fear wears us down until we are ready to give up trying, and once we just put our fate in gods hands, live or die, then we are ready to live by grace. That's what happened to me anyway. I finally just gave up and said to myself that if my fate is heaven or hell so be it, I'm just too tired to care anymore. I died. That's when Gods love showed me the truth and shined hope into my darkness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But how do I fall in love with God and get his love in my Spirit?
It took a combination of things for me John. When I became a believer I did an in-depth study on just what all happened to Jesus the day of His crucifixion, the beatings, being slapped, spit on and etc. then I read about what happens to the human body during crucifixion and that horrified me and by the time I got done and it all clicked into place just what He went through for me it hit me so hard all I could do was cry. To understand the suffering He went through because of His love for me still amazes me. I was a nothing John, I was a broken person, broken by circumstances of life and He took me and put me back together and loved on me. I couldnt understand at first how to love someone I couldnt see but after this He became real to me, more real than you or anyone else is to me. The more I read about Him and His ways and the more I just talked with Him, not prayers but talking with Him as a friend, talking about my fears and anything the more I fell in love with Him. Its basically like any human relationship, getting to know each other. What I like doing most is in the evening after I am sure I wont have company is to just worship Him, first asking Father for forgiveness of my sins then I just thank Jesus for what He has done for me, what He has provided for me, I worship Him for who He is to me, and I tell Him how much I love Him. Sometimes when I first start I have trouble getting my mind to quiet down and quit wondering all over the place. When I am trying to worship the Lord is when my mind wants to figure out my problems in life but I just keep going until it gives up and lets me worship. I do not need music like some but its ok to have music. I keep on with this private worship for hours, once in a while, all night, I may tell Him a thousand times I love Him and He sure doesnt mind. After a while I reach a place of such peace that nothing can upset me. Sometimes we talk, sometimes I just sit in His presence. Even though I know He is always with me there are times I actually feel His presence. When this happens the room fills with His love, its like it is so thick you could cut it with a knife as the saying goes. His love surrounds you and is in you. Its hard to explain. The problem is when this happens I just want to go on home with Him instead of staying here. There is nothing on this earth that even begins to compare to His love, there is nothing I would ever trade for His love. John, you are just going to have to put your self, and your worries to the side and spend lots of time with the Lord if you can. You will never regret spending extended hours with Him. Well God bless John.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It took a combination of things for me John. When I became a believer I did an in-depth study on just what all happened to Jesus the day of His crucifixion, the beatings, being slapped, spit on and etc. then I read about what happens to the human body during crucifixion and that horrified me and by the time I got done and it all clicked into place just what He went through for me it hit me so hard all I could do was cry. To understand the suffering He went through because of His love for me still amazes me. I was a nothing John, I was a broken person, broken by circumstances of life and He took me and put me back together and loved on me. I couldnt understand at first how to love someone I couldnt see but after this He became real to me, more real than you or anyone else is to me. The more I read about Him and His ways and the more I just talked with Him, not prayers but talking with Him as a friend, talking about my fears and anything the more I fell in love with Him. Its basically like any human relationship, getting to know each other. What I like doing most is in the evening after I am sure I wont have company is to just worship Him, first asking Father for forgiveness of my sins then I just thank Jesus for what He has done for me, what He has provided for me, I worship Him for who He is to me, and I tell Him how much I love Him. Sometimes when I first start I have trouble getting my mind to quiet down and quit wondering all over the place. When I am trying to worship the Lord is when my mind wants to figure out my problems in life but I just keep going until it gives up and lets me worship. I do not need music like some but its ok to have music. I keep on with this private worship for hours, once in a while, all night, I may tell Him a thousand times I love Him and He sure doesnt mind. After a while I reach a place of such peace that nothing can upset me. Sometimes we talk, sometimes I just sit in His presence. Even though I know He is always with me there are times I actually feel His presence. When this happens the room fills with His love, its like it is so thick you could cut it with a knife as the saying goes. His love surrounds you and is in you. Its hard to explain. The problem is when this happens I just want to go on home with Him instead of staying here. There is nothing on this earth that even begins to compare to His love, there is nothing I would ever trade for His love. John, you are just going to have to put your self, and your worries to the side and spend lots of time with the Lord if you can. You will never regret spending extended hours with Him. Well God bless John.

That is the best post I have ever read on these forums.

You have an amazing heart for the Lord!

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm so self centered.

I know you would know your bible, but it tells us "it is not that we loved God, but that God loved us". No matter how long we have been a Christian I believe this principal always applies.

Your health problems would make it harder to feel love for God. There are times in every-bodies lives where we feel oppressed or pushed down, during these times we may not feel love for God. I know there were times in my life where my love tank was real low. One minute I would be trying to praise God, the next cursing the day I was born, and blaming God.

Yet if we can hang onto the positives, the small things God has done, even if it is just eternal life, the hope of that can pull us through to better times.

The bible talks of the "patience of Job", and the you only have to look at lives of other great saints to see they had some times of trouble, like Joseph. Yet if you look at their end, the end of their lives was exulted, was high, was blessed.

Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is the best post I have ever read on these forums.

You have an amazing heart for the Lord!

John, I pray you will learn to love the Lord like I do. He is my life and thats not just words. With Him, I am not afraid and even though right now I may be in a wheelchair with a broken rode and some broken screws in my back and sometimes in a lot of pain I get through it. When I start hurting bad and the meds do little good I start speaking Gods Words over myself and worshiping Him, my mind turns to Him and off myself and the pain dims and I am believing to be healed before I go home. I know my Lord is not wanting me to be like this.
John, I do sincerely hope you find the Lords love, your life will be changed forever. You can sometimes feel His love for others, you can sometimes feel His sorrow for the lost and dying. Its such a heavy sorrow and is hard to stand under but He doesnt let you feel it too long or it would destroy you. Oh that all humanity could know the love of the Lord. I may not know about a lot of things but I do know His love. I could talk all day about His love with anyone who would stand still long enough. LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm so self centered.

I can relate to most of what you wrote here.
It's somewhat 'double' though, isn't it?
The fact that we feel guilty before God for not loving Him, somewhat means that we do love Him, or at least realise it is us that are wretched.

Hang in there.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can relate to most of what you wrote here.
It's somewhat 'double' though, isn't it?
The fact that we feel guilty before God for not loving Him, somewhat means that we do love Him, or at least realise it is us that are wretched.

Hang in there.

Yes, lately I've really been realizing how very short I fall of God's perfect love.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

I'm so self centered.

Awwwwwwww.....who doesn't struggle with this?

We ALL do, to one degree or another.

It is GOD Who puts within us, a love for Him, because we are incapable to love him on our own. As it is written it is GOD Who sheds abroad in our hearts a love for Him.

Do not despair. Having health issues can throw us through a loop and be sooooo distracting. God LOVES you. He's not angry. He wants to grant you His peace and cause to be still all that rages inside and causes un-rest and angst and stress.

Praying for you, brother in Christ and beloved son of the Most High God.

Upvote 0