Love

J

Jesse2014

Is loving God or other people just limitted to 1 Corinthians 13? I mean, I try to use 1 Corinthians as to loving God and other people without letting emotions involved. For it does not say 'love is a strong feeling of emotions of effection towards someone.' That's the world's definition. So can I love someone without feeling those strong emotions? I mean, I can be patient and kind without feelings of effections.

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is loving God or other people just limitted to 1 Corinthians 13? I mean, I try to use 1 Corinthians as to loving God and other people without letting emotions involved. For it does not say 'love is a strong feeling of emotions of effection towards someone.' That's the world's definition. So can I love someone without feeling those strong emotions? I mean, I can be patient and kind without feelings of effections.

Hello friend,

From my understanding, there are 4 types of "Love"

Eros: A (don't know how to be more conservative then this, sorry:blush:) Sexual Love toward someone.

Storge(Never actually used in Scripture): A Love shown toward your family(like a parent loves a child or vice versa)...

Philia: Love of fellow man. (Having affection, kindness,etc, to a stranger.)

Agape: A "self-sacrificing" Love. A love (not by emotion) that drives you to help someone no matter the cost to yourself.

Agape is the type of love that Christ showed to us by His sacrifice. And is the Same kind of love He wants us to have and express toward Him, our beloved Bretheren, and even our enemies.

Hope I helped!

God Be With You!
-The Current Lowest

Upvote 0
J

Jesse2014

Hello friend,

From my understanding, there are 4 types of "Love"

Eros: A (don't know how to be more conservative then this, sorry:blush:) Sexual Love toward someone.

Storge(Never actually used in Scripture): A Love shown toward your family(like a parent loves a child or vice versa)...

Philia: Love of fellow man. (Having affection, kindness,etc, to a stranger.)

Agape: A "self-sacrificing" Love. A love (not by emotion) that drives you to help someone no matter the cost to yourself.

Agape is the type of love that Christ showed to us by His sacrifice. And is the Same kind of love He wants us to have and express toward Him, our beloved Bretheren, and even our enemies.

Hope I helped!

God Be With You!
-The Current Lowest

Thank you

You did help.

Upvote 0