Private

mayfly

Jun 13, 2007
✟15,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you both for your comments. While we are not to debate the topic of abortion here, we may discuss the likelihood of various legal strategies to reverse or otherwise defeat the Roe decision.

I personally believe that reversal at the Supreme Court level is the only way. After all we didn't vote for abortions and all it takes is only one more vote on the Supreme Court to return to 1963.

So why work for these little victories? Several reasons:

Little measures make eventual reversal palitable to future judges.

Little measures publicize the facts that the liberal courts try to suppress from trial testimony.

Little measures publicize the facts the media denies.

Taken together these are pretty powerful and lay the foundation for eventual success of the pro-life restoration of American values.

This last reason is most precious...
Even the little measures save some children's lives right now.

Upvote 0

SteveAtheist

Jun 28, 2007
✟8,812.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
:clap: There is no reason to abort a viable healthy fetus.

Laws should protect babys that can survive outside the womb.

While I do not disagree with this legislation passed in my home state, I would like to point out that 'late-term' abortion is usually defined as gestation for 20 weeks or more and is responsible for about 1.4% of all abortions in the US. I agree with you that babies that can survive outside the womb should be protected, but a baby cannot survive after just 20 weeks. Just a point of information, not a disagreement.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think its 24 weeks, that a baby is usually viable.
So while 20 weeks is late, 24 is definately to late.

I don't see this as a step against Rowe vs.Wade.
It is just specifying what is and what isn't allowed.
Women still have the ability to get an abortion, just have to make up thier minds before a certain time.

Rowe v wade doesn't say a baby can be cut up in the birth canal, it just says a women has the right to choose to have an abortion.

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Late-term abortion should be punishable by death. I do not condone the acts of the Army of God, however I do condone the ideology. The government should execute abortionists, they are, afterall, murderers.

So who is going to murder the murderers who murder the murderers.

Don't you mean:
The government should murder abortionists, they are, afterall, murderers.

Isn't execution murder as well? If not, why not?

If you are going to extend a legal definition to fit your own emotional appeals, don't be surprised when others do it too.

Upvote 0

CGL

Crazy Eight
Jul 4, 2007
Halifax, NS
✟9,312.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Libertarian
So who is going to murder the murderers who murder the murderers.

Don't you mean:
The government should murder abortionists, they are, afterall, murderers.

Isn't execution murder as well? If not, why not?

If you are going to extend a legal definition to fit your own emotional appeals, don't be surprised when others do it too.
It's not murder, it's killing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mayfly

Jun 13, 2007
✟15,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Originally Posted by CGL
It's not murder, it's killing.
Old argument. You're just being self-rightous and vengeful.

I don't see anything SELF-ighteous about God's order... which is death for capital crimes. After all, who ordered the death penalty in the first place? God!

Instead of obeying God's demand for justice, some liberals reject God's standard of an eye for an eye.

While the death-penalty discussion is off-topic, I enjoyed it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
G

Guttermouth

I don't see anything SELF-ighteous about God's order... which is death for capital crimes. After all, who ordered the death penalty in the first place? God!

Instead of obeying God's demand for justice, some liberals reject God's standard of an eye for an eye.

Is that you, Jesus?

Upvote 0

SteveAtheist

Jun 28, 2007
✟8,812.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Didn't you say that part of the reason you couldn't join the military was your 'criminal history'? Were you punished with and 'eye for an eye'?

BTW - Abortion is legal in this country and thusly is not a capital crime, no matter how you view it. There are some in this country that view homosexuality and adultery as punishable by death, but there is not law against either of those. You are demanding death for someone who has not committed a crime.

Upvote 0

SteveAtheist

Jun 28, 2007
✟8,812.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why are we letting a caricature drive the discussion? LA takes a step in the right direction. HALLELUJAH and pass the biscuits. What else is there to discuss?

What is happnening is that another thread is being hijacked by CGL and his blood lust. His version of Christianity can bring death and killing into any discussion were adults are trying to share ideas in a mature manner. I am sure the hijackings will continue as he is safely planted behind his computer in his corn field. Stay tuned for more blood thirsty rhetoric from the Republic of Cory Luther.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What is happnening is that another thread is being hijacked by CGL and his blood lust. His version of Christianity can bring death and killing into any discussion were adults are trying to share ideas in a mature manner. I am sure the hijackings will continue as he is safely planted behind his computer in his corn field. Stay tuned for more blood thirsty rhetoric from the Republic of Cory Luther.
You made biscuits?
Wheres the jelly?

Upvote 0