• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Lost for 6 years. May have found answer.

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been on these forums for years desperate for an answer. A few years ago it seemed like most of my attraction to women just disappeared overnight. This messed with my head for a long time: I thought I may have been turning gay or something but most of all it has given me very low confidence as I couldn’t have feelings for women and so I knew I could never talk to one and have a relationship. It also made me develop other physical/sexual problems.
I thought after one week my libido would come back but time went on and it never returned.

In the past year, I started looking into some mental disorders because I felt I resonated somewhat with the testimony of David Wood. I felt like I didn’t care about anyone and nothing ever really made me happy and so I have thought I could be a sociopath. Some people thought I could be depressed but I’m not sad, I’m quite content a lot.

Last night I came across a video about Schizoid personality disorder and it aligned with how I feel a lot! Some signs are: no desire for sexual relationships, not caring about anything, no friends, never feeling very happy after doing fun things.
I don’t fit with all the traits but I fit with a lot of them. I also have a few of the traits of avoidant personality disorder and borderline personality disorder.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0