• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Losing salvation

Whiteflight99

Aug 28, 2023
Ca
✟666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Also I wanted to ask you a question. Did you get to a point were you began to not believe anymore. Or almost scoff at Christianity? It feels like my mind is completely atheistic and detached from the word. As the scripture says spiritual things are foolish to unbelievers because they are spiritually discerned. I feel like I am somewhere on the outside looking in, and no longer in the driver's seat in my life like I was in christ. I no because I was born again that God is real, but no ability to apply anything, so I'm living in alot of fear all day. Not really sure what is becoming of me. I seek desperately God but I no he is no longer with me, apart of me is in total disbelief that this is even happening. And I try to act like it's all not real, I try to move on somehow even but then something reminds me of my past walk with the lord and the word, and fear grips me again. I go around and around like this. There just seems to be no way for me to get back with him. I polluted my mind and conscience again back to a place of spirituall deadness were the holy spirit is no longer there by looking at inappropriate contentography. When I started looking at it the holy spirit was still in me warning me, I was mainly looking at it to distract myself from the problems I was experiencing in my walk with the lord out of fear and madness. I disobeyed every warning against it until it was to late. I new the moment he had left me. Was this your experience? I'm sure that my experience is very different then others who are still walking with the lord is why I ask?
Yeah I also want to say there was a moment I “felt” like the holy spiritual left but I do know that is not true. You do have a will and Satan cannot have that so you have to choose to keep going. I know where you are mentally right now and I know sometimes the better and closer you get to the truth you almost feel like a mental searing pain but I promise that is also the lie because you are trying to renew your mind in what is true and then you look back at your mistake and it gets you done all over again. Just KEEP going. Done stop. Like I said, my breakthroughs come when I re focus my eyes on Jesus ALONE. Not the problem, not the sin, not the down falls, not the length of time I’ve felt lost, nothing. Just Jesus. He loves you man. I promise this. Just keep seeking him and listen to his love for you in your heart and pour your heart to home and start proclaiming his goodness over yourself I know you won’t have the strength to say it but you just need to because it’s true you are just in such doubt because the enemy and your own flesh but Jesus is good and he will get you out of this but you need to trust him alone. Not even your conscious. Get connected with believers and listen to worship music and and pray and read the word and even though you will think “there’s no use” it’s just not true because I am a testimony of all this that Hod is still good. And a matter of remember the truth of Jesus not all the worries. He said DO NOT LET YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED. believe in God, believe also in me (Jesus) - John 14:1

I believe God allowed me to cross this thread to encourage you.

Reactions: Beslowtoanger
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can't lose your salvation.
The LORD will not take what he's given to you away.
We can forfeit our salvation through apostasy.
Worrying about your salvation isn't a bad thing.
Use it as fuel to push forward in faith that the LORD is before you and behind you.
Endure to the End.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You can't lose your salvation.
The LORD will not take what he's given to you away.
We can forfeit our salvation through apostasy.
Worrying about your salvation isn't a bad thing.
Use it as fuel to push forward in faith that the LORD is before you and behind you.
Endure to the End.
I don't know how it is possible to be unborn again. People can lose the experience of salvation. They can lose the blessings in this life and the rewards in the next. Most Christians go through times of failure and defeat. That is not losing salvation. We are not saved one day, unborn again the next day and saved again the day after. Christians would be much better off finding out who God has made them to be in Christ and who Christ is in them. Live in the light of those truths and you can't go wrong.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can we lose the holy spirit through deliberate sins? I feel like I lost my salvation through grieving the hoky spirit, can anyone help?
the key word is you "feel like" you lost your salvation. We can't base our salvation on how we feel. The other possibility is that you weren't really saved to begin with and therefore you can't lose what you never had.

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm hoping, but I'm afraid I have refuted the work in me and made myself become unrenewable. Like in 2nd peter i think we're it says if we again become entangled in the sins we were freed from the last state becomes worse then the first. So it seems there is still a responsibility on our end to not allow sin to have dominion over us and that if we do we can fall?
2nd Peter is not speaking of those that are Saved. It is speaking of those evil, unrighteous, false teachers, etc.

Read the prior verses. Whenever it is speaking about they, find out who the 'they' is.

[2Pe 2:20 KJV] 20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Salvation is a miracle. A one-time thing. It is not repeated. It is Eternal. Salvation is not Sanctification. Let no one teach you otherwise. Sanctification is an ongoing process. Go to BlueLetterBible KJV and look up "Eternal". Eternal is used for Salvation/Heaven and Hell.

Upvote 0

BrokenLoner

Mar 23, 2024
Missouri
✟2,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

I just want to change and not keep committing the same sins anymore. That’s my prayer for myself and anyone else who feels the same way. Amen

Upvote 0