Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
1834:

Saturday, 9. --- Myself and the principal heads of the Church, accompanied the wise men of Zion, namely, Bishop Partridge and his counselors, Isaac Morley and John Corrill, and president W. W. Phelps, on their way home, as far as Chardon; and after staying with them all night, blessed them in the morning, and returned to Kirtland.

Soon after I wrote an article for the Messenger and Advocate, which was published in the April number as follows: ---

The Prophet's Views on Abolition

Brother Oliver Cowdery,

DEAR SIR:—This place [Kirtland] having recently been visited by a gentleman who advocated the principles or doctrines of those who are called Abolitionists,... I fear that the sound might go out, that "an Abolitionist" had held forth several times to this community,... all, except a very few attended to their own vocations, and left the gentleman to hold forth his own arguments to nearly naked walls. I am aware that many, who profess to preach the Gospel, complain against their brethren of the same faith, who reside in the South, and are ready to withdraw the hand of fellowship, because they will not renounce the principle of slavery, and raise their voice against everything of the kind. This must be a tender point, and one which should call forth the candid reflections of all men. and more especially before they advance in an opposition calculated to lay waste the fair states of the South, and let loose upon the world a community of people, who might, peradventure, overrun our country, and violate the most sacred principles of human society, chastity and virtue... I do not believe that the people of the North have any more right to say that the South shall not hold slaves, than the South have to say the North shall.

How any community can ever be excited with the chatter of such persons, boys and others, who are too indolent to obtain their living by honest industry, and are incapable of pursuing any occupation of a professional nature, is unaccountable to me; and when I see persons in the free states, signing documents against slavery, it is no less, in my mind, than an army of influence, and a declaration of hostilities, against the people of the South. What course can sooner divide our union?... I do not doubt, but those who have been forward in raising their voices against the South, will cry out against me as being uncharitable, unfeeling, unkind, and wholly unacquainted with the Gospel of Christ ...the first mention we have of slavery is found in the Holy Bible.... And so far from that prediction being averse to the mind of God, it remains as a lasting monument of the decree of Jehovah, to the shame and confusion of all who have cried out against the South, in consequence of their holding the sons of Ham in servitude.... I can say, the curse is not yet taken off from the sons of Canaan, neither will be until it is affected by as great a power as caused it to come; and the people who interfere the least with the purpose of God in this matter, will come under the least condemnation before him; and those who are determined to pursue a course, which shows an opposition, and a feverish restlessness against the decrees of the Lord, will learn, when perhaps it is too late for their own good, that God can do his own work, without the aid of those who are not dictated by His counsel.
History of the Church, by Joseph Smith, vol. 2, pp. 436-38

There's very small print in these paperback volumes!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Lord segregated the people both as to blood and place of residence. At least in the cases of the Lamanites and the Negroes we have the definite word of the Lord Himself that He places a dark skin upon them as a curse—as a punishment and as a sign to all others. He forbade intermarriage with them under threat of extension of the curse. (2 Nephi 5:21) . . .
Race Problems—As They Affect The Church, Address by Mark E. Petersen, Brigham Young University, August 27, 1954

21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

22 And thus saith the Lord God: I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities.

23 And cursed shall be the seed of him that mixeth with their seed; for they shall be cursed even with the same cursing. And the Lord spake it, and it was done.
2 Nephi 5

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let's see if I can help spin this in a more non-Mormon friendly manner: Maybe 'mixing seed' is describing farming techniques rather than a symbol for race mixing. Cause if you mix corn and lima bean seeds you get succotash.

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

God didn't create races on the sixth day. He created Adam and Eve.

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Acts 17:26

Yes He very well did,Adam was not formed until after God rested,your missing the meaning of one blood.....

Acts 17:26 "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;"

It is time to sharpen up, and pay attention to Paul. First of all, the word "blood" as used here is not in any of the original manuscripts, and even some of the more liberal translators caught this translation. The Word "one" is in reference to the dust of the earth that Adam was formed from.

In the Greek it is "heis" and sometimes translators use the form "tis" which changes the meaning completely. This word blood is just not there, for God created all the races just as they are, kind after their kind. God created all the races on the sixth day, and on the seventh day, He rested.

In Genesis 1:26 it was on the sixth day; "And God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." "

Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him, male and female created He them." This is all the races, except Adam, meaning "ruddy complected".

Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Then after God rested on the seventh day, on the eight day God created, as it is written in the Hebrew, " `eth-`Ha`adham" which is to say "the man". That man is who we call "Adam". Adam was created for a purpose, even though all the other races did exist before him.

Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground." So we see that the Adamic race, was set aside to till the ground, and be the farmers.

After God created "the Adam" He created more animals, and brought those animals to Adam and had him name the animals and use them for his use. Genesis 2:19, 20 "And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name there of ." [19] "And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him." [20]

The idea that all the races came from one blood just doesn't catch it. Four thousand years is a short time for that to happen when there is not one example ever that any species has produced anything but its own species. What the eveloutionist has ended up with is a bag full of chain links, with not one link connected, and we are suppose to buy his bag.

Upvote 0

williamgramsmith

Dec 11, 2012
✟1,043.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Private
LDS also have this neat idea called "Pre-Adamites" while not doctrine of the Church, it's one explanation along with the more common ideas of how the 6000 history of God's people works, and there having been man "prior" to 6,000 years according to science. (btw, just noticed we aren't the only ones who have noticed this idea)

Basically it's like this. Adam and Eve were a special race (aka Israel) which was placed into the world, and then when placed there they tried to stay together, but as the Biblical narrative goes, there were many others already outside of them and some mixed with those others etc.

The Bible is not really a history of the world, but a history of God's people in it.

By the way, I would note that every single argument I've seen in which various religious people try to debunk the Pre-Adamite idea from scripture is a straw-man. In other words, they misrepresent the arguments and the scripture to try and attack it by the scripture. For example, one argument is that the scripture says "there was not a man to till the earth". Well that could mean several things. There wasn't a man in the area to till or knew how to till, man didn't really know how to till etc. The first is likely the correct answer because there was if I remember right farming prior to 4-6,000 years ago. Further, scripture has been known to exaggerate the details by speaking generally, such as Moses moving to lands saved for them, saying no one was there but there were people there to some degree. BTW, I would like to mention that the Book of Mormon makes similar statements, yet our enemy's want to claim it's supposed to be taken literally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

LDS also have this neat idea called "Pre-Adamites" while not doctrine of the Church, it's one explanation along with the more common ideas of how the 6000 history of God's people works, and there having been man "prior" to 6,000 years according to science. (btw, just noticed we aren't the only ones who have noticed this idea)

Basically it's like this. Adam and Eve were a special race (aka Israel) which was placed into the world, and then when placed there they tried to stay together, but as the Biblical narrative goes, there were many others already outside of them and some mixed with those others etc.

The Bible is not really a history of the world, but a history of God's people in it.

Again,not,Mormon,but Adam and Eve,were special,as it was through them,that Christ would be born....That's why satan,every chance he got,tried to destroy that line......If you want I could give you plenty of examples of his(satan's)attempts,to prevent the birth of Christ.....

Why do you think it was only through that line that he could attempt this?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The idea that all the races came from one blood just doesn't catch it. Four thousand years is a short time for that to happen when there is not one example ever that any species has produced anything but its own species. What the eveloutionist has ended up with is a bag full of chain links, with not one link connected, and we are suppose to buy his bag.

Humans are only one species regardless of skin color. I'm not an evolutionist.

Virtually no reputable scholar or historian endorses the two Adam theory. The only people who endorse it are racists. And there is simply no evidence to support British-Israelism or any connection between the Anglo-Saxon and Hebrew languages.

Upvote 0

williamgramsmith

Dec 11, 2012
✟1,043.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Private

Virtually no reputable scholar or historian endorses the two Adam theory. The only people who endorse it are racists. And there is simply no evidence to support British-Israelism or any connection between the Anglo-Saxon and Hebrew languages.

That is absolutely and utterly not true..... that the "only" people who believe in pre-Adamites were racists.
That is ONE GROUP of the theory, not the only group.

Read the last half of the Wikipedia article on pre-adamites. Further, most don't say there were "two" Adams, thus you again misrepresent.

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

satans attempts to prevent Christ from being born........
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]
"And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child." Here, the dragon or Satan (Rev 12:9) is pictured as standing before the woman or Israel (Rev 12:1; Gen 37:9-10) so that he might preempt the birth of Jesus Christ (Rev 12:5; Ps 2:9; Acts 1:9). This passage represents the angelic perspective on Herod's attempt to prevent the birth of the Messiah by murdering all of the male infants in Bethlehem (Matt 2:1-8, 16).

Although Matt 2 depicts this event from the human perspective of Herod's insecurity over his own throne, Rev 12:4b describes the same event from the point of view of the fallen angelic realm. In actuality, it was Satan who used Herod's insecurity in an effort to prevent the birth of the Messiah.

Such a preemptive effort was not Satan's first attempt to prevent the birth of the Messiah. All the way back in Gen 3:15, we find the first biblical, messianic prophecy. It is often referred to as the
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]protoevangelium[/FONT][/FONT]. Here, Satan was put on notice of a coming redeemer. This critical verse says, "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel." Not only does this verse predict a coming one who would crush the serpent's (or Satan's) head, but it also predicts the serpent's bruising of the heel of this coming redeemer. Much of this bruising occurred through Satan's attempt to prevent the Messiah from being born.

Thus, Rev 12:4b and Gen 3:15 when taken together furnish an angelic commentary or perspective on the repeated near extinction and jeopardy experienced by the messianic lineage as recorded throughout the pages of the Old Testament.

For example, because Abel's sacrifice was accepted, Satan figured that the messianic lineage would come through him. Thus, Satan prompted Cain to murder Abel (Gen 4; 1 John 3:12). Yet, God circumvented Satan's effort through the continuation of the messianic line through the birth of Seth (Gen 4:25-26; 5:1-32). Satan again sought to prevent the birth of the Messiah through the contamination of humanity's pre-flood gene pool (Gen 6:1-4) so that the human race could never give birth to a Messiah who must not only be fully God but also fully human.

God again got around this Satanic attempt through the preservation of Noah and his sons (Gen 6:9; 1 Pet 3:19-20). Through this line, the Messiah would ultimately come (Gen 9:26; 11:10-26).

In the days of Moses, Satan again tried to thwart the birth of the Messiah by enslaving the nation through which the anticipated redeemer would come from (Exod 1). Yet, God again circumvented Satan's effort through the Exodus event. The same pattern again repeated itself when the usurping queen Athaliah sought to exterminate all of the royal offspring of the house of Judah. Yet, God again thwarted this Satanic attack through the preservation of baby Joash, the sole surviving Davidic descendant, in the temple throughout the duration of Athaliah's rampage (2 Chron 22). This pattern again emerged when wicked Haman developed a plot to exterminate all the Jews. Yet, God again circumvented this Satanic effort to preempt the birth of Christ by sovereignly working through Mordecai and Esther in order to preserve the Jewish race from annihilation as recorded in the Book of Esther.

Thus, Herod's ambition to kill all of the male Bethlehem infants (Matt 2) is yet another chapter in the ongoing attempt by Satan to preempt the birth of the Messiah. Once again, God sovereignly intervened by causing the royal family to flee to Egypt until Herod's death. Despite these numerous attempts to thwart the Messiah's mission by preventing His birth, God sovereignly protected the messianic line thereby allowing the redeemer to be born and eventually fulfill His earthly mission of paying the world's sin debt. God's faithful protection of the messianic line leading to the birth of Christ is what we are to remember and celebrate at Christmas time. During this holiday season let us continually praise God for how He has worked faithfully and sovereignly in history so as to allow the redeemer to come into the world so that He could accomplish His great mission on humanity's behalf.

http://www.spiritandtruth.org/teaching/documents/articles/54/54.pdf?x=x

It was through this line that Christ was to be born,and from the beginning satan tried to prevent it....

The line was from Adam and Eve straight to Mary........
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
WARNING!

In many variations of Christian Identity thought, a key commonality is British Israelism, which teaches that many white Europeans are the literal descendants of the Israelites through the ten tribes which were taken away into captivity by the armies of Assyria. Christian Identity asserts that these white European Israelites are still God's chosen people, that Jesus was an Israelite of the tribe of Judah, and that modern Jews are not at all Israelites nor Hebrews, but are instead descended from people with Turco-Mongolian blood, or Khazars, or are descendants of the biblical Esau-Edom, who traded his birthright for a bowl of red stew (Genesis 25:29–34)....

Christian Identity asserts that the white people of Europe or Caucasians in general are God's servant people according to the promises that were given to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. It further asserts that the early European tribes were really the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel and therefore the rightful heirs to God's promises, and God's chosen people.

Two House Theology

Like British Israelites, Christian Identity (CI) adherents believe in Two House Theology.[30] However the major difference between British Israelism and CI is that British Israelites have always maintained that Jews are descended from the tribe of Judah.[31] In contrast, while also maintaining a Two House distinction, Christian Identity proponents believe that the true lineal descendants of Judah are not contemporary Jews, but instead White Europeans who settled mainly in Scotland, Germany, and other European nations, alongside the House of Israel. They are Anglo-Saxon, Celtic, Germanic, Nordic, and kindred peoples.[30][32] Some CI scholars teach that many contemporary Jews are the descendants of Cain, citing Gen. 3:12,John 8:44 and 1 John 3:12) in support of their position and that Cain was the spawn of Satan.[33]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity
British Israelism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PLEASE click on the above link.

Richard Brothers (1757–1824), early believer and teacher of this theory.
John Wilson (1799–1870), collected his lectures in a book, Our Israelitish Origin (1840).
Charles Piazzi Smyth (1819–1900), the pyramidologist and Astronomer Royal for Scotland.
William H. Poole (????-1896), minister, known for his book Anglo-Israel or the Saxon Race?: Proved to be the Lost Tribes of Israel (1889).
J. H. Allen (1847-1930), wrote Judah's Sceptre and Joseph's Birthright which was the basis of Herbert W. Armstrong's teachings on this same subject.
C. A. L. Totten (1851-1908), Professor of Military Tactics at Yale University, he wrote countless articles and books advocating British. Israelism, including a 26-volume series entitled Our Race.
Richard Reader Harris (KC) (1847–1909), founder of the Pentecostal Movement in London.
William Massey, Prime Minister of New Zealand (1912–1925).
William Comyns Beaumont (1873–1956) British journalist, author, and lecturer.
Herbert W. Armstrong (1892–1986), United States founder of the Radio Church of God.
Roger Rusk (1906–1994), author and self-proclaimed Bible scholar.
Charles Fox Parham (1873–1929), American preacher who was instrumental in the formation of Pentecostalism.
Alan Campbell (1941-current), Pentecostal pastor from Northern Ireland.
Mary Baker Eddy (1821–1910) founder of the Christian Science religion.

William Branham, like Arnold Murray, taught the Serpent Seed doctrine. I don't know Herbert W. Armstrong's position on that. When Armstrong followers began to divide some of them looked to Arnold Murray of Shepherd's Chapel for leadership.

From the mid-1950s onwards Branham began to publicly teach that neither Oneness theology nor Trinitarianism was correct, but that God was the same Person in three different offices – in the same way that a husband can also be a father and a grandfather.[37] As he began to speak more openly about doctrine, such as the Godhead and serpent seed, the popularity of his ministry began to decline.
William M. Branham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That is absolutely and utterly not true..... that the "only" people who believe in pre-Adamites were racists.
That is ONE GROUP of the theory, not the only group.

Read the last half of the Wikipedia article on pre-adamites. Further, most don't say there were "two" Adams, thus you again misrepresent.

I am not talking about Mormonism and I am not misrepresenting.

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

Only those who don't understand it,would call it racist......Why do you think God didn't want certain people to mix with other's?

Ignorance is the racisim of it........

Upvote 0

williamgramsmith

Dec 11, 2012
✟1,043.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Private
Phoebe Ann.... Since I brought up Pre-Adamites, and I'm not talking about the racist versions, nor am I talking about British Isralitism I really don't know what you are going on about.

And as to your link about the Bible and Pre-Adamites, as I've already stated, they misrepresent the arguments and add to what the Bible states in order to make their judgments as I already gave one example of.

Further, the theory is not in any "particular box"..... In other words, it doesn't just go with and accept one persons views about each detail. There are various views on most of the details. That article you link for example doesn't even come close to addressing the various views on each aspect the article alone even addresses let alone the ones that exist. In other words, if one looks at the theory's carefully, they will find a good view for every aspect that isn't any one persons or general theory view. In other words, there's good and bad about all the theory's. Few have actually put together a fully correct and accurate view. Thus, it's not really to judge it by incomplete and imperfect theory's.

The theory is a good theory to those who understand it. And the Bible doesn't at all preclude it. Personally I'm not beholden to the theory, but I do think it's the only one that makes any sense whatsoever given REALITY.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

49550355.jpg

Who are the "LDS" who have this "idea" ???

Upvote 0

drstevej

In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Google is a very quick and easy friend.

Good idea... I googled this ...

bible_dictionary_close.jpg

The above scan is from the first LDS edition of the Bible, in 1979. The LDS Bible includes a Bible Dictionary, and the entry for Chronology contains a table of Biblical dates.

bible_dictionary_new.jpg

The above scan is from a more recent edition of the LDS Bible. (This was a from a quadruple combination, bought around 2004, though it still contains the 1979 copyright date.) Note that some of the dates have been removed, but the key date of 4000 BC for Adam has been retained.

Source: Adam lived 4000 BC

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Only those who don't understand it,would call it racist......Why do you think God didn't want certain people to mix with other's?

Ignorance is the racisim of it........

God will redeem to himself a people zealous of good works. He can choose any skin color that he likes.

Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.
Jeremiah 13:23

Acts 8
Philip and the Ethiopian

26And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert. 27And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship, 28Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet. 29Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. 30And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

34And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? 35Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 36And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. 39And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing. 40But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.

God's love is not limited to one race.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Phoebe Ann.... Since I brought up Pre-Adamites, and I'm not talking about the racist versions, nor am I talking about British Isralitism I really don't know what you are going on about.

And as to your link about the Bible and Pre-Adamites, as I've already stated, they misrepresent the arguments and add to what the Bible states in order to make their judgments as I already gave one example of.

Further, the theory is not in any "particular box"..... In other words, it doesn't just go with and accept one persons views about each detail. There are various views on most of the details. That article you link for example doesn't even come close to addressing the various views on each aspect the article alone even addresses let alone the ones that exist. In other words, if one looks at the theory's carefully, they will find a good view for every aspect that isn't any one persons or general theory view. In other words, there's good and bad about all the theory's. Few have actually put together a fully correct and accurate view. Thus, it's not really to judge it by incomplete and imperfect theory's.

The theory is a good theory to those who understand it. And the Bible doesn't at all preclude it. Personally I'm not beholden to the theory, but I do think it's the only one that makes any sense whatsoever given REALITY.

And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Upvote 0