looking for likeminded believers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My name is Mark Giesbrecht and I have been without a church for 5 years. Not that I haven't tried many, but I feel like I am in exile.

I grew up in the Mennonite Church, and while teaching me the scriptures, it gave me a form of faith without the substance. I left this in 1990 and joined the Vineyard church where I experienced God in a new wonderful way but eventually started to crave some maturity and structure and left after 6 years. Since then I have not been able to find a place were I can simply love God, worship God and love others. All the churches in my area seem to be attempting to replicate themselves into infinity in attempts to convert the world to their understanding and specific practice of faith.

I long for a regular gathering of believers of similar faith that can simply meet to worship God and care for each other. That's it, ministries can continue with the organized institutional church. Maybe we could eat together once in awhile.

I am a 35 year professional counsellor that has 3 young daughters and is married to a wonderful woman who practices as a registered nurse. We serve people as a way of life. We want to simply love God with other believers and every church we enter wants to snatch us up and get us running their pointless ministries. I am tired of not being accepted because I think outside of the Christian Cultures Box, overlooked for relationships with believers because I will not lead pointless ministries.

Does anyone know where a simple regular gathering of believers is going on in the Vancouver area of British Columbia, Canada?

Starving for more of Jesus and likeminded believers, but not willing to withstand any more church services where I am yelled at, taught one persons version of what religious practice is, have modernistic views spewed at me and see outright misogyny take place.

Mark Giesbrecht
johnmarkgiesbrecht@hotmail.com

Jez

Jan 5, 2002
UK
Visit site
✟15,131.00
Faith
Christian
Hi, I also have no church and I dont know any other beleivers of my own age! It is differcult I know, but it is not good to be sucked into a church that has the woung docterine. There are so meny
frown.gif

Upvote 0
Hello Mark and Welcome >>> I want to encourage you to be at peace. My local fellowship broke up 10 years ago and I haven't been in church since. As long as you stay in fellowship with the Lord; He will fulfill His destiny in you. I think it important if we can maintain a relationship with Him, even out of church. It's too easy to be caught up in false doctrine. When it's you and Him things can remain closer to being true; I think. Anyway, I am not against fellowship [I wouldn't be here if I was] but do feel it's better to be home alone than in church with stumbling blocks.
Much Peace to you and I know you will find likeminded believers here!

Upvote 0
Again, for those that weren't reading carefully, I don't want a church. I do believe they fill an important function, I just don't have the time and don't believe they have anything to offer me. I remain friends with many from the churches I have attended so I'm not really looking for friends either.

I am looking for something else, something a church cannot meet right now. Simple fellowship with believers without any agendas of any kind. No mission, no need to change anyone, no preaching or teaching, no ministries, just fellowship and worship.

I'm not saying churches should be taken down, or changed. They are simply irrelevant to me and most people, remember 60-80% of people believe in God but only 2-3% attend church. I am looking for something different.

Mark

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.