• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dianna_Child of God

He is my All in All
Sep 8, 2011
✟17,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its been a strange few days I'm really stressed out, and my husband has become abusive i told him i want his key back. He's also being funny with my family.

Oh hun I am so sorry he is doing this. Bad enough to do it at anytime but when pregnant worse.

Upvote 0
My old pastor gave me some advice last week said maybe it was all an act and maybe he wasn't really a believer, but either way he left me not the other way around. I keep thinking how he treated my dogs and what if he did that to my child. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing but I'm thinking of moving to a new town

Upvote 0
I'm scared as well as his anger and violence isn't a great role modal and also my husbands uncle is in prison for being a pedophile and also his brother who lives with his mum has been looking at wrong things on the internet and i kept telling my husband we needed to get police involved but he kept saying no as his brother has learning difficulties and doesn't know what he's doing I'm so confused i don't know what to do for the best but i know i need to protect this child

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GryffinSong

open-minded skeptic
May 7, 2007
✟8,739.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
In my opinion, protecting your life and the life of your child is the most important thing. There are SO MANY red flags in your stories of you husband that I'm truly frightened for you. I hate to say it, but if I were in your shoes I would not give him any chance to be near you or your baby.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Silver-winged Flyer

I take the road less traveled
Jan 16, 2006
✟9,935.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I've just read your story. You have so much courage to have been through this situation and not given up.
Please keep us updated, I think it would be wise to not let your husband back into your home or anywhere near you until he has realised that he needs professional help and that there is definite, permanent change, if he does want to come back.
*hug*

Upvote 0