Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i have been forced to live at home for two years, with little contact save for my family. On Saturday I move into a college dorm. I'm supposed to just make friends after two years of isolation?

The main reasons for my isolation involve having Asperger's syndrome and just being too lazy and afraid of doing things. I spend too much time thinking and not enough time doing anything.

This place has driven me insane, and so has being alone for too long. I am afraid of people because In the time that I haven't gotten to interact with them extensively I'm afraid that the new ones I will be facing and expected to get along with will be everything I don't want or need them to be. I need Christian friends, not tolerant liberals. But there's only so many on this site and only so many out in the real world, where I'm supposed to just pretend I have no problems at all. That's hard for me to do.

How am I supposed to serve God when I could just be continuing this terrible phase of my life?

Last edited by a moderator:

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This forum is for prayer....and that we will do!
In the meantime...please check out the Recovery (For support - no debate) and Life Stages forums for support and counsel.
May God bless your every need in His Merciful Love :crossrc:

Upvote 0

chapmic

Follower of Jesus
Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2014
✟50,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you! You can receive your strength from the Holy Spirit, when you feel you are falling back to your old habits ask the Holy Spirit to guide. Jesus gives us strength in any situation and he will make you a new creation. Do not be afraid of people and what they think, their opinions change as often as the weather. As long as you are letting your self being led by the Holy Spirit, you will be a blessing to yourself and others around you. God bless!

Upvote 0

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
prayer19_zpsz5slvo3s.jpg

Praying!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ash8676

Seeker of Answers To Life
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2013
So.Cal, Chino Hills
✟91,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lord, be there for him and send understanding friends, that they be believers. Let him not let the past isolation hinder him from making friends and that he can be strong. I pray for this, in Jesus name, Amen.

I have AS and it is hard to makes friends, when people do not understand how AS works. I have many understanding friends and I give glory to God for sending me those friends. Hang in there and know God hears you, you will make friends. have a blessed day.

Reactions: sahjimira
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟996,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm afraid of people,and what they'll think of me for being addicted to inappropriate content,

What will they think of you? That you are a man just like the rest of us who unfortunately lets physical attraction go too far sometimes. You aren't perfect, Grandvizer, and neither are we. Ask for God's help and forgiveness and go on without fear and guilt. I've seen you mention this a few times lately and I fear you are taking it too hard.

Reactions: sahjimira
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟996,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But there's only so many on this site and only so many out in the real world, where I'm supposed to just pretend I have no problems at all. That's hard for me to do.

And no, you don't have to pretend that you don't have problems with everyone on the outside. Not all people are like that.

Upvote 0

Zandy12

Life is like a rollarcoaster, just enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2015
Iowa
✟19,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What's up grandvizier1006. I want you to know you are not alone in feeling this way. I quit my job at subway about a month ago, and I've just been in home all day, same house for 14 years, always thinking and its the same thing over and over and over. I hang out with friends here and there, but not as much because I've been dealing with debilitating problems like depression. I'm supposed to moving to Canada so hopefully that helps. I'll pray for you and hope you can overcome your problem. I'm pretty sure you'll find friends, just stay positive, and I know you'll find someone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In my experience often times thinking about it is just a way to psych yourself out. Try not thinking about it and just going with the flow. Praying for guidance each step of the way and that knowing you have all of us here praying for you will give you confidence that everything's going to be okay! Good luck and God bless!!

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
i have been forced to live at home for two years, with little contact save for my family. On Saturday I move into a college dorm. I'm supposed to just make friends after two years of isolation?
*No, you're not suppose to just instantly make friends after being isolated for two years...first thing: pray for the Lord to help you navigate this new part of your life. Seek Him daily and renew your mind on God's Word...read your bible.
Do you know this college campus? If not, try getting a tour and or ask for a guide...If possible, go get acquainted with the campus itself before you move into the dorm.

The main reasons for my isolation involve having Asperger's syndrome and just being too lazy and afraid of doing things. I spend too much time thinking and not enough time doing anything.

This place has driven me insane, and so has being alone for too long. I am afraid of people because In the time that I haven't gotten to interact with them extensively I'm afraid that the new ones I will be facing and expected to get along with will be everything I don't want or need them to be. I need Christian friends, not tolerant liberals.
*You need the Lord, friends are an add-on bonus...don't place too much reliance on having friends...but don't idolize them.

But there's only so many on this site and only so many out in the real world, where I'm supposed to just pretend I have no problems at all. That's hard for me to do.
*I don't know a single person who doesn't have problems...nor are we to pretend we don't have problems. You can only be you...people who pretend are only fooling themselves.

How am I supposed to serve God when I could just be continuing this terrible phase of my life?

*You serve God by being submitted to Him and His Word, so make connections with other Christians at
or around the college you'll be attending...use the internet to look up what churches are in that area.
You can call or send email to said churches-- find out
about their services, available bible study groups,

young adult programs, mentoring etc.
Diligently pray about all matters that you face daily.
Write down and or memorize scripture verses that
empower you...think/meditate on those verses.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello, everyone. Since moving into my dorm I've made a few friends and a number of acquaintances, but I come home sometimes and still feel lonely. But when I go back to school on Sunday afternoon, I just get caught up in work and have to lock myself away and study. I think I'm just not managing my time right--college gives tons of free time but I don't know how to use it well. I want to try and figure out how to do that stuff better.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seeing that Asperger's is a light form of autism, self-diagnosing yourself rather than relying on the doctor can be self-challenging in finding out the root cause of this light mental illness, while at the same time experimenting with any random choice of fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs such as parsley, to pacify this very light form of depression or anxiety, where depression and anxiety are socially negative emotional life-destroyers:.
Jesus Christ is our healer of all diseases - this bible statement may not be true in the now present time for those who have serious diseases and disabilities that are beyond medical treatment at a human level, but it is definitely future-coming evidence of our Lord Jesus Christ when he returns in his Second Coming future victory return,
to defeat Satan and to transform us in such a way that it will not be possible to suffer any disease, disability, injury nor even death at all because Satan will not be at war spiritually again once he is defeated, an almost perfect and positive eternal life experience as if there is sunshine every day and spring every season - no rainy stormy weather and hot and cold extremes of summer and winter.
Faith is a supernatural connection with Jesus Christ, even if his physical self identity is beyond our universe in the comfort and safety of the most advanced and construction-safe kingdom of God up in heaven, there is no wide distance apart between his heart and our hearts as we are 'more than conquerors' -
spiritually united as One Union With Christ.;'*';.

Upvote 0