Contributor
Jun 28, 2004
UK
✟21,289.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So far BBC news channel is saying that the entire underground network has been closed. Several explosions in the underground and three bus explosions so far. :eek:

I can't get into the BBC website to give a link, I think there's so many people trying to check the BBC site that it's either very slow or gone down.

fromwithin

May 18, 2005
✟262.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
3 bus explosions, believed to be bombs, the one in russell square (double decker bus heading to Euston) definately was. the tube still believed to be power surge/electrical explosion but speculated sabatage to coincide with bombings. More buses reporting bombs too now. fatalities currently low, thank you Lord.

Upvote 0

amazed_by_grace

Aug 29, 2004
Ireland
✟505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are unconfirmed reports of explosions effecting more stations (i'm watching all of this on the British news at the moment so they're jus reporting on everything that they hear) Its unclear whether these happened at the same time as the earlier blasts or not. People are being evacuated from Russel Square and police are suspicious of more explosive devices being in the area and are searching with sniffer dogs. Reports of deaths at Russel Square and Aldgate... they are unconfirmed. Home secretary has advised people not to make "unnecessary journies".

Passengers in underground carriages reported a blinding flash, then darkness and a lot of smoke and soot. Eyewitnesses firmly believe that the explosion was too large to have been electrical. In one train the passengers were in the carriage for 40 minutes before being rescued. When they were evacuated to the station, they were told by police that there had been a bomb.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MadeInOz

Contributor
Jun 7, 2004
Brisbane
✟20,513.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
AU-Labor
Oh my... I think I just saw my friend on tv... :| she was walking with a group of others... I know she catches a train into the city and then out again to work. hmmm...

I'll have to see if I can get in touch with her. hmmm.

edit: I called her, and it wasn't in fact her... she had already gone out of the city. phew.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LiberatedChick

Contributor
Jun 28, 2004
UK
✟21,289.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Guy on BBC news (not sure who he was) has said that the tube situation is most likely the result of "human action". He also said they've checked with the national grid and they've got no records of there being a power surge...only power related problem is the power going down after the incident.

Also reports of stations in Swindon and Brighton being closed due to "security incidents".

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
loved said:
Hmmmm, no one seems to be telling us anything.
Yeah, it will take some time to get things under control enough to get accurate figures if things are anything close to how our 9/11 was along the lines of confusion. Prayers with you.

Upvote 0