California
✟23,254.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
How do live sexually pure in a society such as this...it has been my experience that everyone single saved and unsaved are into sex .....maybe. just not full on vaginal if you are a Christian. I really don't get this and now most young men don't even want to get married. God has got to know how hard it is for us out here.

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
When I was single and or unmarried-- I met many Christian males
who wanted sex, not marriage...I went dateless a lot.

I started doing what I liked with the singles group at church-- it was
for companionship and encouraging one another--we all went out together
in a group--we voted on what to do and we did it.

I have to admit, I had some of my best dates with that group-- we went to
concerts, shows/movies, dinners, trip to the mountains etc.

The singles group broke up since all the ones who wanted to get married got married--
no one married within the group though--just to be clear on that point.

Reactions: parsley
Upvote 0

MyLordMySavior

MyLordMySavior
Jun 25, 2012
✟8,821.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm 16 and totally understand. I look around my school and everyone is doing it. How I stay out and away and keep strong? Well, I'm in high school but I don't date. That obviously helps a lot. ALOT. Not dating lowers the risk like 99.9%. Plus, without being in a relationship I can well think more about these situations rather then feel. I won't have chemicals and emotions making decisions just my head. It's really helpful. Hard at sometimes considering everyone is dating, but the longer I hold out from boys, the easier it becomes. I have never dated and never even had my first kiss so maybe that helps too. It makes it more special for me so I am more picky I guess!

The biggest thing though... For me, I have already made a vow to God to wait and He is going to help me wait for sure! God is ALL I need, especially since I am young! Just know that No boy or man can give me or you the love, patience, forgiveness, comfort, security, etc that God can! I'm too in love with God to really care for any boys and what they have to offer me lol( it just doesn't compare to God). So, I'd say focus on God! Keep praying about it! If you are still in school i recommend not dating but I know it's unlikely in this generation, so I understand. Just STAY TRUE knowing GOD is with you! And He will help you! Don't give into a sinful desire, do whats right no matter what everyone else is doing!

I hope I helped a little!

Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

tbogunro

Sep 30, 2012
DeKalb, IL
✟15,867.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1.) He knows how hard it is that's why He forgave ALL sins.

2.) You'll NEVER live sexually pure on your efforts. ONLY God can help you do that so let Him do it and deal with any consequences. Your job is to keep it moving while THANKING Him constantly!

3.) I was one of those "young men" as you put it lol. Except I did want to get married but it was hard to settle down but thank God for His grace or we/I will be screwed lol. Anyway this is what most men around my age go through. I'll tell you this though, EVERY guy at least ALL the guys I know are searching for that special lady no matter the front they put up. But we're all sexual beings so it isn't something to look down on but thank God for it. The devil though as done a very good job at perverting it. It's funny though, everybody is looking for the same thing yet God has said time after time after time that the right man or woman is a GIFT from God. You don't look for a gift, you simply wait expectantly and say thank you when you get it. So no matter how many times you mess up or fall to sexual desires etc just keep it moving and let God change the inside in order to prepare you for your gift. :)

Proverbs 19:14 NLT

Fathers can give their sons/daughters an inheritance of houses and wealth,
but ONLY the LORD can GIVE an understanding wife/husband.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes its very hard, but it is possible with the help of the Holy Spirit. I have found the following verses helpful.

Psalm 119
How can a young person ·live a pure life [L keep his way pure]?
By ·obeying [guarding; keeping] your word.
10 With all my heart I ·try to obey [seek] you.
Don’t let me ·break [stray from] your commands.
11 I have ·taken your words to heart [treasured/stored your words in my heart]
so I would not sin against you.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
It is important for people to look at it in a practical way. Sexual activity leads to pregnancy -- it is the act for procreation. People can rely on birth control, but it is not fail-proof and does not claim to be.

You need to fight for what you want in life. If you have dreams of a specific career, will you be able to pursue it if you have 24/7 responsibility for a child... will day care cost as much as you can make hourly?

Saying no to a partner's advances can be as simple as challenging them to the realities -- "Are you willing to support a child that may come from this act?" Many women go through additional medical difficulties that require bedrest or expensive treatment. Some children are born with infirmities and deformities. There can be huge burdens on parents that they didn't anticipate, and never imagined.

I don't think God's law was defined to confine and accuse, but to hold people accountable for their actions, and remind them that there are many consequences.

In marriage, men and women agree to take responsibility for what may come. In sleeping around, people often just move on and drop partners when things get inconvenient.... selfishly leaving the other person holding the bag.

The statistics are there.

Almost 14 million custodial parents in 2007, with 7.5 million agreements of child support in the US. Fewer than 3 million of them received the full amount for the year.

Child support only covered $3-4000 per year (2007stats). Day care comes close to $8000/yr/child.

Only 38% of child support providers are responsible for health insurance, medical bills, and other health care costs.

It's very much a matter of fighting for what you want in life. Can you afford to have sex?

Upvote 0

MZS

May 18, 2009
✟15,214.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
According to the Bible, sexual immorality is wrong. There are, believe it or not, a few men out there that still believe this. What you might want to join a large church that only accepts a literal interpretation of the scriptures - bible-based all the way. Perhaps in this church and the activities it hosts, you will meet a man willing to wait. You appear to be quite attractive - that might actually be attracting the wrong type - and I mean that as nothing against you. But you may want to try getting involved in more spiritually related church activities like bible studies, missionary work, or even street witnessing. If a guy is willing to share the Gospel with strangers, he is more likely to take the Scriptures seriously that deal with sexual purity.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How do live sexually pure in a society such as this...it has been my experience that everyone single saved and unsaved are into sex .....maybe. just not full on vaginal if you are a Christian. I really don't get this and now most young men don't even want to get married. God has got to know how hard it is for us out here.

True, God knows the relentless messages foisted on all of us with our hyper-sexualized culture for instanteous self centered pleasure thru the using of another Human Being for a mere copulation with no strings attached. Of course the BIG lie is : There are no strings attached -- theres plenty of strings attached to sexual immorality which is why God warned us , lovingly, to stay away from it. Just a cursory consideration of the issue, shows the devasation of our national STD Epidemic resulting from poor sexual choices : 65,000,000 adults in america (not including teens) who have at least one STD with 15,000,000 new cases added annually. Most are permanent for life and are uncurable, many affect the biological systems of our anatomy, 2 end Human Life prematurely, and all run a high emotional cost . Condoms arent a persons 'savior' because they often come off in passion, arent applied correctly, rip, tear, or ooze out sperm . STD's are almost as common as acquiring the common cold.

Fortunately, God not only makes absolute moral laws concerning our sexuality and how we handle it, but he also gives the sincere genuine Follower a variety of ways to be masters over our sexual nature . Are you aware of some of these i speak of ???

In closing, remaining celibate till your wedding night (whether youve blown it already or not as a Single) , is something that God approves of / blesses tremendously / and is very doable despite a societal messages that say its senseless to even try. We must decide WHOM we will serve : God with his loving moral mandates for our own protection, or, whatever a changing Society comes up with by way of whimsical temporary forms of illicit pleasure. The wise choose the first way without having to learn the hard way.

Upvote 0

Storm1294

Dec 26, 2012
Kandy,Sri Lanka
✟7,674.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for seeking advice regarding this and Thank you for all those who provided Godly advice for it :thumbsup:

I personally wasn't aware such a issue existed.....till i fell in love and thought for the 1st time I had a gf even thought it was online ,started a relationship basically got very attached to that person an agnostics.long story short she told me when i asked about it she told me she had sex before and considered it good moments........in theory my then inappropriate content addicted/lustful mind shouldn't have a taken a hit lulz how wrong I was it broke my heart + drove me into depression.

just try look up about people who try dealing with the fallout this issue of pre-martial sex,you'd find a lot of them have a load of mistrust/hurt/agony/regret.of course you can ask the people who know what it's like to fall ,most of them would tell you how much they regretted it later on.
Easier to avoid something if you know the consequences

The weirdest fact i came across was once when this duo of guys who liked to sleep around was asked about finally marrying they said their wife's had to be pure...

God's original plan is in out hearts.

In closing, remaining celibate till your wedding night (whether youve blown it already or not as a Single) , is something that God approves of / blesses tremendously / and is very doable despite a societal messages that say its senseless to even try
:amen: and :amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 28, 2012
North Eastern Pennsylvania, God's world.
✟7,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to be one of those men, who just had self-glorification and selfishness as my main priority, amazingly and to be honest, I did not become surprised, Once I fully surrendered myself to the Lord, I do not have these goals of putting myself first, as Jesus and living for what he did is my MAIN priority, Always ask yourself, what would Jesus do, as we know Jesus is the only perfect man to have walked the earth, as he was God himself, but the temptations we have that can be controlled through powers of the Holy Spirit can be done (Not having sex before marriage, addiction ect) Keep the Lord in Heart and he will guide you through this time.

My only regret in life is having lost 21 years of my life before finally knowing the Lord, but I know he forgives my regrets, desires and sins that I could not control on my own.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for seeking advice regarding this and Thank you for all those who provided Godly advice for it :thumbsup:

I personally wasn't aware such a issue existed.....till i fell in love and thought for the 1st time I had a gf even thought it was online ,started a relationship basically got very attached to that person an agnostics.long story short she told me when i asked about it she told me she had sex before and considered it good moments........in theory my then inappropriate content addicted/lustful mind shouldn't have a taken a hit lulz how wrong I was it broke my heart + drove me into depression.

just try look up about people who try dealing with the fallout this issue of pre-martial sex,you'd find a lot of them have a load of mistrust/hurt/agony/regret.of course you can ask the people who know what it's like to fall ,most of them would tell you how much they regretted it later on.
Easier to avoid something if you know the consequences

The weirdest fact i came across was once when this duo of guys who liked to sleep around was asked about finally marrying they said their wife's had to be pure...

God's original plan is in out hearts.

:amen: and :amen:

Yes indeed....there is widespread fallout from the casual sex enormity that exists in America today ; not only physical contractions of 39 circulating STD's , but when a Society places a huge emphasis on using Another for meaningless copulatory fun....it adds to distrust issues as well as both genders not having respect for each other . It certainly cheapens Human dignity and worth.

Upvote 0

Ark100

The Lord is my Refuge
Mar 11, 2012
✟10,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. It does not matter what the world is doing or how much influence they have. What sets you apart from the world is being a child of God and having His Spirit in you.
And when you have that, you are a conquerer, whether in sexual sins or any other adversities.
Nothing is impossible to do for a child of God.
Those single people who do it and are saved are not yielding themselves to the Holy Spirit and they are continuously making unholy the temple the Lord has given to them.
There are good men out there who are following in the will of God, you only need to keep yourself pure and focus on the Lord and keep praying to Him and trusting in Him
He will in His faithfulness being you across the path of one of those good men when the time is right as you keep staying in God's will.

I dont get why people think everything is hard to do. Nothing is hard to do through Christ who strengthens us.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟9,658.00
Faith
Baptist
I say this truthfully, honestly, and sincerely, but why is it so hard? Since when do the actions of others have to impact YOU?

I say this as a man who is not a virgin, I was with many woman before I got saved. Afterwards, however, I stopped. I just stopped. It wasn't hard. It's against the commands of God to have sex prior to marriage. So I didn't do it anymore. It wasn't a big deal honestly.

See, it's a choice. And a easy one, if you ask me. Not like a mental sin, we all think of things we shouldn't. That's not a choice, more instinctive. But a physical act? That is your choice. It's all on you. You can clearly either refrain, or indulge. And that is all your choice.

Upvote 0
Dec 28, 2012
North Eastern Pennsylvania, God's world.
✟7,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I say this truthfully, honestly, and sincerely, but why is it so hard? Since when do the actions of others have to impact YOU?

I say this as a man who is not a virgin, I was with many woman before I got saved. Afterwards, however, I stopped. I just stopped. It wasn't hard. It's against the commands of God to have sex prior to marriage. So I didn't do it anymore. It wasn't a big deal honestly.

See, it's a choice. And a easy one, if you ask me. Not like a mental sin, we all think of things we shouldn't. That's not a choice, more instinctive. But a physical act? That is your choice. It's all on you. You can clearly either refrain, or indulge. And that is all your choice.

And you know what the most amazing thing is about all this (I was the same by the way until Christ the Lord came into my life after I let him intervene)

Even if your problem isn't adultery, All the commandments are so easy once you allow Jesus into your life, that's why with Jesus anything is possible and you regain the ability to have a relationship with our father, respecting our mother and father isn't hard, not stealing, or idolizing other gods, lying isn't hard either, just be truthful, ect ect ect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ghazkhull

Axe Axe!
Dec 17, 2012
Somewhere back in time
✟8,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just so you know, there's men like that on the other side of the fence, like me :)

I've had the chance, I have refused to do so just in obedience.
outside of that, keeping oneself busy helps alot.
so keep the faith up, there's more singles like you and me out there, just maybe you're not in the right place at the moment.

Cheers! Gbu!

Upvote 0