Not open for further replies.

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
My oldest daughter is bipolar and has rejected her family because she feels she is the only one mourning her dad's death. She feels that I have moved on with my life and her siblings have forgotten him. How very wrong she is!

I leave my daughter a voicemail each Tuesday asking her to call and let me know how she is. She never calls back. I have just received an e-mail from her asking me to stop calling her as she has nothing to say to me.

I guess I just need to get this out. My heart breaks for her, but at the same time she has hurt us so deeply. It has only been 9 months since my husband of 30 years died, how could she possibly think that I have moved on. But, I know it is the bipolar speaking; however, it still hurts.

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Wow! I know this must be extremely hard for you JeanR. It's good to know you can recognize that some of what she says is the bi polar talking. I had a good friend that was bi-polar and it was a challenging relationship. She was either really really happy, or really really down. Maybe, as hard as it is for you, she just needs some space right now. Maybe instead of calling her every week, you could send her a letter once a month just telling her how much you miss her and your husband. If there was a way you could talk to a professional, that could help you know what to do to help her, or what's going on in her head, that would be a good option too. I will pray for you JeanR and your daughter. The people that are close to you, and you know in your heart, and God knows, that you simply haven't just moved on and forgot about Terry. But neither God nor Terry would want you to just quit living, just like you would not want that for Terry if he had been left here instead. Take comfort in the knowledge that God is in charge. And while we may not understand his ways sometimes, he does have a perfect plan for our lives. God Bless you and keep you in his loving arms.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

JeanR

Resting in the Lord
Nov 3, 2006
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
I have been in grief counseling, but even before Terry died, we both went to this same counselor. The counselor knows all our struggles with Steph, and he has been very helpful to us. He has a son who is bipolar also, so he truly knows how it is.

Also, both my pastor and associate pastor know of the situation. They have also given me advice.

Of course, my parents-in-law think Steph is perfect and that I am the problem, which doesn't help the situation. Steph is very aware of this and plays it up. But, right now, she won't return their calls either. And, again, they blame me for this. This is very typical, though, of bi-polar.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.